Which Minigame made you rage the hardest?

phoenix_shade

Hello! I've read that a Japanese user said to use the following for Sandstalker:

XXXXX

XLXXX

XXXXX

XXXMX

SXXXX

This order is meant to minimise the numbers of hits Vivi can receive, and so that you can cover a wider range of places to attack. It's said to work for a lot of people; for me, I was a bit unlucky and Terra always got hit in the first round since the mobs kept spawning on the top left-ish area, so I changed my set-up to this and got the Maduin Momento in about 5 rounds (and my trophy too, of course!):

XXXXX

XXXLX

XXXXX

XMXXX

XXXXS

For the Lightning minigame, I would recommend learning how to identify the mobs by its sounds. This made it so much easier for me and I managed to get the trophy in my third run.

Cactuar minigame, bit of RNG here, but just remember you only have enough time to hit three cactuars when four spawns. Always go for gigantuar and the conductor first! Conductor adds time allowance while the gigantuar gives you a ton of score.

For the blitzball game, if you're absolutely trash at it like me, here's what I did: I always waited for the black ones to spawn. These net me 500 points each, and I rarely had to move the angle of aim. Power's usually about 80-90% to shoot. Just watch out for the incoming blue mobs that spawn after the third black one, and before the fourth or fifth black one (can't remember, sorry!). Those ones will take away a life. It pretty much refreshes after that.

I hope this helps with the trophies! :3

That strategy consists of pausing the game as soon as the enemy spawns so you know which button to press, did it in 48 secs.

Just associated the button with the sound the enemy makes. I got it on my second try.

Anyway, that's the only one I've done again, so I can't really way. I think that cactuar is going to be the worst for me, though.

For the Lightning minigame, I would recommend learning how to identify the mobs by its sounds. This made it so much easier for me and I managed to get the trophy in my third run.

Oops. Didn't mean to plagiarize.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TBH all the mini games in this FF game is bad, but nothing, i mean Nothing!! could come close to how bad the Sandstalker is :rolleyes:

this goes to the record of been one of the worst and most hatered mini game I ever came across in a video game to date, worst case scenario, you have to win it 10 times for a stupid trophy that have one of the most incorrect, useless, wrong and misleading description ever of how to unlock it.

and you have to beat the stupid thing again perfectly with less than 20 move this time to get the momentum for this stupid and useless maduin mirage that i'm 100% sure that i'm not going to even bother to use it in battle, I freaking beat the cogna XG without even summoned any XL mirage.

I may sound really angry because..... I really am, but whoever the jackass at square enix that decided and insist to put his/her BS and force it on players who wanted the platinum I say Thank You Very Much Good Sir/Ma-am for this ruined experience I had on this awesome game...

could've added this game to the list of games I enjoyed very much platinum them, but right now off the sore platinum enjoyment list you goes.

also I could trade for this dumb mirage with someone online but even a simple feature like that need a PS Plus subscription which I still don't feel like paying for.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Can't say "rage" but the Sandstalker one was mind-numbingly stupid.  Once you figure out where to place your guys it's easy but time consuming/VERY boring.

XXXXX

XLXXX

XXMXX

XXXSX

XXXXX

Lost once with that starting set-up.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It took 1.5 hours to get all four trophies and 2.5 hours to get Maduin.Worst part was skipping the cutscenes everytime.As for the mini-games,from hardest to easiest:

1) Whack-a-Cactuar. Pure nonsense since is just luck.One time i got 4950 while missing the last cactuar.When i made it with 5400 points, i had 2500 at 0:30 and i got 3 big cactuars in the end.

2) Nebula Storm. I know that it's doable without doing a perfect run,but it's easier if you slow down before the enemies spawn.While doing that i finished it in 57 seconds without missing any enemy. It took several attempts in order to memorize where they spawn.

3) Einhänder Invasion. Easy mini-game with one hard point.All my failed attempts ended at the part where you get attacked by two enemies simultaneously.When i passed that, i scored 3800 and then threw the balls to end it.

4) Sandstalker. As a mini-game is by far the easiest.I got the wins in the row,half of them without even getting hit.Beating it in less than 10 turns is another story.

Overall, i'd say Kingdom Hearts have more annoying mini-games

• 1 month later...

Right now, it's Einhander Invasion. It's 2D Spheda. I hate Spheda. Seriously, I keep flubbing the blitzballs.

Which is odd because I only had a little trouble with the other mini-games. Nebula Storm was a meanie but if you take a split second to see what Mirage is before you you can kill it and keep moving, I made my time at 55 seconds. And don't worry about whether to punch or kick the cactaurs in the Whack-a-Cactaur game, just don't get greedy. I ended the game with 5400 points on the scoreboard.

Second hated game, Sandstalker. Not because I had a hard time getting Magitek Knight. Nah, it's because I wasted 15 tries to get the damn 20 turns, no death run for the scene to get the Maduin Memento!!!! Vivi kept getting killed!

On 4/10/2018 at 3:08 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

Overall, i'd say Kingdom Hearts have more annoying mini-games

Amen, brother. I thought Ice Cream Beat would be nicer to me on the PS4 version, but nope, the Master Modes are still pure evil. :(

On 6/6/2017 at 9:49 AM, Toma_Gabriel said:

Blitzball mini game. i hate it

Amen, brother. Amen. I ejected the disc and put it back in the case for the current week because of the damn Blitzball Ace trophy! I honestly tried to do it, but I am not good at judging how much power I need and keep whiffing the shots when they need to hit. Highest score so far is 2750, and my last attempt I almost hit it but then a damn blue Einhander sniped me and made me flub my final shot, dropping me to 0 lives.

Will try again in a few days after I get other games out of the way. (For the record, it's not just this, it's also People Pleaser. I did every quest I could find but the trophy hasn't popped yet and there are no more people in need. I might have to do the secret intervention quest and kill Omega God to get the trophy. :()

• 8 months later...

Honestly nothing was that difficult and that is not me trying to be smug but I honestly found these to be some of the better mini-games in any newer game.

Anyone that knows me knows how much I complain when companies shoehorn in shitty mini-games for no other reason than to extend the play time but these were not that bad.

Once I figured out how the Terra game worked I got under 20 moves 3 times in one day (I didn't realize you had to do it from the Girls Room otherwise I wouldn't have done it that many times). You just make a 5x5 grid in Paint and cross off when you attack a square and just watch where the enemy attacks to show you their location.

The cactuar game I got on my first try, that was stupidly easy (especially if you played Psychonauts and realize how hard it can actually get).

The Blitzball one took me 5 or 6 tries but since there is no time limit the only hard part is the shitty controls.

The Race was honestly the hardest mini-game but even that you can just listen for the sounds they make and it becomes mostly about timing.

So yeah, kind of like the Chocobo Minigame in FFX these were blown a little out of proportion to how difficult they are (here is a tip for the Chocobo game...use the D-Pad that takes almost all the challenge out of it).

On 4.11.2016 at 4:28 PM, Trini said:

Magitek Knight requires you to beat the mini game a total of 10 times. If you need to obtain the Maduin momento you need to beat it in 20 turns (counting your opponent's turns also) and not letting anyone die as well <Must be done in the intervention quest and not the twin's room>

Blitzball Ace requires you get a minimum score of 3000 (thanks to @capnstubing)

The Fast and the Nebulous requires you beat the mini game under a minute

Zip zip WHACK requires you score 5000 points at minimum, the issue is it's luck-based so you might have to play it a couple times before you get the right cactuars to spawn

Same Here i was struggling with that Too

Edited by LucyTifaErza
  • Like 1

Blitzball was by far the worst because the angle the ball goes at feels like it starts falling way earlier than it should, it takes forever for Tidus to actually kick it, and you also have to contend with that ridiculously dumb bar on the left while having to aim and the line being incredibly sensitive to you touching the left stick. Everything that could go wrong with that minigame does go wrong.

Second to worst is Sandstalker but once you have the placement and first turn strategy down it becomes somewhat easy, it just requires a lot of resets.

XXXXX

XRXXX

XXXSX

XXXXX

XVXXX

Have Vivi attack to the left on your first turn, there's usually a Small to the left of him or on top of him. If you get hit at all within the first two turns just reset the game. Outside of that it's just paying attention to the enemy misses and determining their location. Keep in mind that moving is usually a death sentence, the AI seems to know with a decent amount of certainty where your guys are at any given time but they're especially accurate when you move anyone.

• 3 years later...

sandstalker was by far the most frustrating but only because you had to win it 10 times(plus the stupid memento requirements 

the race one can be cheesed with pausing just as the mob shows up 

the aiming one was a slogfest but easy after a few tries

the cactus one was fun and the not even remotely stressful 

• 8 months later...
On 27/11/2016 at 6:53 AM, Miliazer said:

Hello! I've read that a Japanese user said to use the following for Sandstalker:

XXXXX

XLXXX

XXXXX

XXXMX

SXXXX

This order is meant to minimise the numbers of hits Vivi can receive, and so that you can cover a wider range of places to attack. It's said to work for a lot of people; for me, I was a bit unlucky and Terra always got hit in the first round since the mobs kept spawning on the top left-ish area, so I changed my set-up to this and got the Maduin Momento in about 5 rounds (and my trophy too, of course!):

XXXXX

XXXLX

XXXXX

XMXXX

XXXXS

I don't understand this game at all. Whenever I think I've located the enemy they're in a completely different place and if they hit me once then they lock on and destroy me. I feel like I'm missing some crucial understanding because I'm losing so fast and at other times they just keep moving back and forth and I can never hit them.

Edited by bikeman223

• 7 months later...