New Site Update Issues

Parker

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

When clicking on the View All button from the PSN Profile page to see all the guides, the PS4 version for Saints Row Gat out of Hell and Dragon Age Inquisition are gone. Though they're still in the My Guides section. At first I thought this was only for guides that were ported for another console version, as the PS3 versions are still visible, but both the PS3 and Vita version of the Sly Cooper Thieves in Time guides are also there.

It seems as though only guides that you started show there. The guides I started show under /theguytom while the guides that I was added as a contributor for will only show under the /mine page.

Edited by Urushiro
  • Like 1

Some issues I like to highlight

- Recent forum posts gone from homepage
- Every 1k trophy milestone above 10k (eg, 11k, 12k, 13) are gone
- Average rarity gone from profiles
- 100% club top 50 fastest achievers are broken, it should take overall rankings, not the first 50 achievers time only, I do like that we can scroll the pages now tho to see some later time and worse time of all. xD
- The up and down and NEW status from sorting leaderboards whether by country or by platform seems to be broken (some leaderboards are written NEW and some leaderboards said all players dropped rankings with red down arrow, I assume this has something to do with world rankings)
- No percentage written in the yellow bar (I can't figure how close the gap I am between above/below players ranks), so I had to open their profiles to see their percentage progress.

That's all the major ones I see for now. Anyway, I like to see this site keep growing, keep it up the good job Sly & team. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Urushiro said:

It seems as though only guides that you started show there. The guides I started show under /theguytom while the guides that I was added as a contributor for will only show under the /mine page.

Oh yeah, now that you mention it the guides for Borderlands 2, Kingdom Hearts Re;Chain of Memories, and the Tales of Hearts R collectible guide are missing too :facepalm: .

@Sly Ripper Would it also be possible to add a link to the PSN Profile page in the Forum Profile, more specifically that pop-up menu when hovering over the username? It's really annoying to open the Home page in another tab and then go to the PSN Profile page to check something.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rammstone said:

II have seen people mention their completion percentage dropping because it now counts platinum trophies too? I don't understand how that makes sense especially since I also noticed that my average percantage has dropped 2%. Why would that drop too? The percentage of each game has obviously not changed with the update so I don't understand how the average would drop.

Sly said on another topic it was an accident, so I imagine it'll be fixed. 

I've noticed that when you go to another profile it shows the activity, but when you click on the activity button it shows everything they have posted. When you click back on the profile button it goes to a different version of their activity. So no About me page shows up. Also saw on my profile page defaults to activities, can it default to About Me page instead or is there a way to change that?

6 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

My profile sorting preferences aren't remembered anymore. What I mean is that if I try to sort my profile alphabetically, all it does it take me to this url where my profile has been sorted alphabetically, but upon leaving that url the order resets to default. On the old site it would remember which option I selected so I wouldn't need to keep changing it back.

I'm having the same problem in both Pale Moon and Chrome. I much prefer sorting all profiles alphabetically by default and would like to see that setting return.

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

@Sly Ripper I saw this was a thing on Firefox (Not Chrome) ^ All trophies images for the list on the right side of guides are platinum

Oops, nevermind, Firefox was doing that while it was in beta but works fine on that browser now :P 

It's still present in Pale Moon 26.2.1. It doesn't bother me all that much since the text is still coloured correctly, but I'll just point it out anyway.

19 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

@Sly Ripper Would it also be possible to add a link to the PSN Profile page in the Forum Profile, more specifically that pop-up menu when hovering over the username? It's really annoying to open the Home page in another tab and then go to the PSN Profile page to check something.

I'd like to see this button/link back too.

Only other issues at the moment would be that usernames overlap the country flag on profiles in Pale Moon (it's spaced correctly in Chrome) and the links to the forums are missing from both the home page and individual game pages. It was nice being able to jump from a game page to a forum post, especially if there were any issues like glitched trophies to be aware of.

psnp.png

• Like 2

The one thing that really bothers me about the update is the font choice. It's huge and things just don't seem to stick out as much. Game titles and trophies aren't bold so they kind of blend in with the normal text. There's a little unnecessary gap between your trophy count and the date caused by the superscript.

Honestly everything just feels bigger, wider, and taller for no reason. It's a waste of space.

• Like 4

I upgraded a client's Invision Community Suite a few months back, the process was much simpler than expected (only one template to edit).

Here's a plugin members may find useful - https://invisionpower.com/files/file/7853-online-indicator/ 
As the URL implies, it's an online status indicator. That's helpful for Chat, PMs, Gaming Sessions etc.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CrestfallenV said:

Only other issues at the moment would be that usernames overlap the country flag on profiles in Pale Moon (it's spaced correctly in Chrome) and the links to the forums are missing from both the home page and individual game pages. It was nice being able to jump from a game page to a forum post, especially if there were any issues like glitched trophies to be aware of.

psnp.png

The name and country flag overlap issue is also present in Safari browser on iOS. 

As many people have already said this new layout clearly needs proofreading and revision. I think many of the issues surrounding this layout will be flattened out in the coming weeks.

I'm very curious as to why this had to be done just before Christmas. Personally I felt it would of been more appropriate to wait until the New Year and then migrate everything over to a new layout and server within the first week of January. I'm still having difficulty navigating around some areas since the launch.

For one I think the game profiles are much too spread out. The pictures that make out the games on the top portion of the website are stretched out too far making them look distorted to what they were just a couple days ago. That's just me, but they don't look right.

This is just my own opinion and I think it doesn't look too bad. But it's clearly far from perfect, and my biggest criticism is what I just said. Why do this during the peak of the holiday season?

I LOST NINE LIKES, BOOOOOO! (to be read in Peter Capaldi's voice)

Also, many awesome posts have disappeared :lasershark:

Truthfully though, the new site looks pretty good. I'm a premium member myself (somehow, never figured out who my samaritan was) but I must have missed the beta site thingie.

As with all site renewals, it takes a bit to find out where everything has gone. Luckily, I've found my most used page again (content I posted in), so I'll be fine. I also noticed a new thing on my profile, seems I have "won" on November 21 with most liked content... Yeah, that will probably remain there until the next KYC event.

One A "problem" I want to mention though, is that I can't seem to ask for the full version any more while on my phone. Doesn't matter to me that much because I have figured out how I can force my phone to ask for desktop sites itself - PSNP is really the only place where I want to use that option though...

Edit: been on the site a bit more now and I encountered two more problems:

- An enter now creates a white line automatically. Fair enough but this screws up my signature (and those of others) because I used part of an image to complement my trophy card, this now seems impossible to fix.

- The location of the large game images can't be copied any more (at least not like it used to work), this messes up a lot of old posts. Small game images still can be used but those links have changed, messing up other posts.

Edited by BillyHorrible

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

The pictures that make out the games on the top portion of the website are stretched out too far making them look distorted to what they were just a couple days ago. That's just me, but they don't look right.

This could be for a few reasons:

• They are either slightly zoomed in (because I haven't cropped them to fit the current site dimensions yet, working on that as we speak). Press Ctrl + Shift + R on games every now and then to see if they are improved. I'm starting on latest popular games, then overall popular, then going from there.
  • The images aren't "crunched" anymore. This may be hard to believe, but all images for the past year and a half were "crunched" vertically (opposite of stretched) for resolutions lesser than 1920x1080 - it was annoying but was done for a reason and it's gone now! =D I don't stretch images naturally through editing, so if you think an image is stretched, compare it with that same image on Google and you'll see it isn't, you may have gotten used to the crunched image you've been seeing here on the site if you weren't using 1920x1080, sorry about that :P
  • If you have like 1600x900 resolution (or your screen is scaled to that resolution), and header images don't adapt to that resolution edge to edge as well on the new version of the site like they did on the old one.

Hopefully this makes sense, lol

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, thekiffer21 said:

Dont know of this has already been said but when i sort Games by Completion (%) on my Profile it still also sorts them by "last played" and not by amount of points earned.

Not a big issue but it's kinda unsatisfying to look at :blink:

I checked for you and the other ways of sorting work fine on my end... Are you using full desktop mode, or a tablet/phone mode?

16 minutes ago, thekiffer21 said:

Dont know of this has already been said but when i sort Games by Completion (%) on my Profile it still also sorts them by "last played" and not by amount of points earned.

Not a big issue but it's kinda unsatisfying to look at :blink:

I mentioned it on the last page and I believe someone else mentioned it before me.

Did that to me in the beta as well but I figured it was just because when I left the beta it reset. :dunno: 

Dunno if anyone posted this alreadly but on firefox each time i load a page in the forums it asks would you like notifications from this page?

And all i can choose is Always or not now. Why can't i choose never? Or just have that notification pop up stopping from popping up.

9 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

Dunno if anyone posted this alreadly but on firefox each time i load a page in the forums it asks would you like notifications from this page?

And all i can choose is Always or not now. Why can't i choose never? Or just have that notification pop up stopping from popping up.

I can choose between always, not now, and block forever. I don't know what kind of notifications it would send though...