What's your opinion on share play boosting?

OJ9999vr

Share play boosting can go both ways. Its good because you can help earn trophies for people but bad because people can take advantage of that. If I were to help someone earn a trophy through share play depending on how they are it could be a one time thing or it keeps repeating. In other words you are basically earning a platinum for a person. They take advantage and take away your personal trophy hunting time. Again that depends on the type of person you are helping. Its not bad but at the same time its not all that good either.

Edited by marvelboy10

On 02/06/2017 at 4:56 PM, DaivRules said:

I assume all of the "hardcore" trophy hunters have friends or relatives who are better than them come over to their place and earn their

trophies anyway. Then they just say they got them and brag about it. How is that any different from Share Play?

Yep.  That's what I assume too, someone sharing their account with friends to gain faster trophies.

• 1 month later...

The things I read here are ridiculous. 

If you consider share play cheating then the whole trophy boosting session is cheating and the same logic would apply if you got any trophy with others including multiplayer trophies. With your logic you'd need multiple consoles and game copies to get these trophies yourself because if you got them with another person you wouldn't have gotten the trophy yourself. 

I agree with the post a few before mine that trophies mean different things to different people. 

Having grown up with Gameboys it was a common thing to hand it to your friend for a couple of minutes until he got you past the part you couldn't do and then you finished the game yourself. Share play is exactly that and even if it's used to get trophies that you can't do, so what? Gaming is about having fun and so is trophy hunting. It's not a bad thing to ask for help you know? 

The definition of cheating is gaining an advantage unfairly. Share play isn't unfair it's accessible to everyone. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

The things I read here are ridiculous. 

If you consider share play cheating then the whole trophy boosting session is cheating and the same logic would apply if you got any trophy with others including multiplayer trophies. With your logic you'd need multiple consoles and game copies to get these trophies yourself because if you got them with another person you wouldn't have gotten the trophy yourself. 

I agree with the post a few before mine that trophies mean different things to different people. 

Having grown up with Gameboys it was a common thing to hand it to your friend for a couple of minutes until he got you past the part you couldn't do and then you finished the game yourself. Share play is exactly that and even if it's used to get trophies that you can't do, so what? Gaming is about having fun and so is trophy hunting. It's not a bad thing to ask for help you know? 

The definition of cheating is gaining an advantage unfairly. Share play isn't unfair it's accessible to everyone. 

Thats the best answer i've heard! I agree with you totally and shareplay isn't just about getting a trophy for someone. But if that's what it's used for, so what! It's nice to help buddies out too... if you can.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Thats the best answer i've heard! I agree with you totally and shareplay isn't just about getting a trophy for someone. But if that's what it's used for, so what! It's nice to help buddies out too... if you can.

Yeah there's small but rather vocal group who seem to think everything from Sony to trophy sites like PSNP is meant to be just for hardcore trophy hunters.

If you don't want to play for fun but instead want these hardcore rules, then what's stopping you from creating your own site and leaderboard that shows just like-minded people and share your values?

I wouldn't consider SharePlay boosting as cheating. Personally, I just don't understand it. Trophy hunting to me is a reflection of my gaming accomplishments. Whether I've spent the time grinding through campaigns or in multiplayer sessions, I was the one that earned my trophies. Having a trophy that I didn't earn myself would bother me more than one I haven't gotten yet.

To each their own, I suppose.

• Like 2

The way I view it is nothing related to trophies is considered cheating unless its earning trophies by illegitimate means (Hacking). If I look at a profile and all of the timestamps are in order, then those are legitimate to me. I don't care if you boost, use share play, or if your brother, mom, friend, cousin, uncle, next door neighbor, grandmother, or some random person that you met on a sketchy internet web site flew 4100 miles across the planet to unlock the trophies for you. I view all of the trophies identically. Personally, I like earning the trophies myself and have not used share play before to unlock anything on my profile. However, I did help a good friend unlock the last 3 DLC trophies in Batman AK via share play. 

• Like 1

Do what you want. I don't think I'd do it, can't say I'm never tempted though. And I've considered helping a friend or two with a trophy before. But no matter what, how someone else earns their trophies doesn't really matter to me. I'm mostly in it for me.

Boosting, save scumming, glitches, there's tons of ways to cheese getting trophies. And I bet everyone criticizing this has used at least one of those cheap methods [or played a game for easy trophies - which is the same thing to me]. And they try to rationalize how what they have done is somehow better than this and "different". But it's the same thing. The trophies weren't designed to be earned those ways. So, it defeats the intended purpose of "earning" them. Doesn't stop me from enjoying getting them. And it shouldn't for you either.

If you get something legit, it doesn't matter if someone else didn't. It doesn't affect you, and you wouldn't even know about it. If someone wants to do this, who cares? As someone mentioned prior, it's like passing your controller over to a friend when you can't beat a part of the game. I used to do that with LoZ: A Link to the Past, my sisters and my grandma would all take turns because we were all good at different things and we beat the game together. Did we not really beat it since none of us went through from the start and to the end? I don't think so. Sure didn't feel that way.

This is the same thing, only via the internet... and with a trophy.

And I'd like to point out that a lot of people think trophies are completely worthless as a concept. So... do we really want infighting about "real trophy hunters"? It's so petty and silly.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Thats cheating and again cheating, if you are having someone else doing the trophy for you. you should consider retiring from gaming if you are that bad in games and can get the trophies urself. I like knowing that all trophies i have, i've accomplished them myself.

The thing is, it's not considered cheating. But it's still wrong in some kind of way.

I can understand people want help with one trophy they're struggling with, but still how long have they tried or how many times. As an example i tried to get trophies from the last batman dlc, most of them took me a whole day of retrying.

And the absolutely worst example of share play boosting i've seen was recently, about a week or two ago. There was this guy wanting 100 trophies at once, platinum and last trophy from driveclub main game, along with all dlcs. On top of that on the profile it said "I'm a trophy hunter", and this person had only 6 games total. It's so wrong in so many ways.

3 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

The thing is, it's not considered cheating. But it's still wrong in some kind of way.

I can understand people want help with one trophy they're struggling with, but still how long have they tried or how many times. As an example i tried to get trophies from the last batman dlc, most of them took me a whole day of retrying.

And the absolutely worst example of share play boosting i've seen was recently, about a week or two ago. There was this guy wanting 100 trophies at once, platinum and last trophy from driveclub main game, along with all dlcs. On top of that on the profile it said "I'm a trophy hunter", and this person had only 6 games total. It's so wrong in so many ways.

I know it is not considered as cheating. But in my head it is considered as a cheat(because you are not doing it yourself).I have turned down three people. Turned down on the challenges on wolfenstein old blood. they are really easy to do and i told them to do them themselfes.

I was stuck on chapter 6 on akumu mode in evil within for 12 hours, died 1100 times just on that chapter,  but i got it in the end, never gave up.( and i am going to do that game again on this profile of mine).

My point is, it is a cheat if you are having someone else do it for you mate, just my opinion and allways will be, it is in someways the same as allowing people use other people saves, the only difference is that a another player is physically doing it for you.

it is better knowing and showing other people what you have done by yourself. I hope Sony removes ''give controller to player'' or either removes trophies from shareplay.

That driveclub guy? did he have a session here on psnp?

Theres two things i have seen here on psnp. There was a guy that created a boosting session for ''operations trophy'' from battlefield 1, he wanted to fill the lobby for it. haha

and the another player created shareplay session for one of the codexes in battlefield 1, i died laughing when i saw those 2 sessions. their piss easy to do.

The only time it could bother me is when people claim to have done a trophy themselves and haven't, the same as those that say they haven't cheated on games in the disputes but blatantly have.

It's a pity there isn't a flag applied to the trophy if it's earned through share play.

That aside it doesn't really matter to me, share play doesn't affect the way I play games, how everyone else chooses to earn trophies is up to them.

5 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

I know it is not considered as cheating. But in my head it is considered as a cheat(because you are not doing it yourself).I have turned down three people. Turned down on the challenges on wolfenstein old blood. they are really easy to do and i told them to do them themselfes.

I was stuck on chapter 6 on akumu mode in evil within for 12 hours, died 1100 times just on that chapter,  but i got it in the end, never gave up.( and i am going to do that game again on this profile of mine).

My point is, it is a cheat if you are having someone else do it for you mate, just my opinion and allways will be, it is in someways the same as allowing people use other people saves, the only difference is that a another player is physically doing it for you.

it is better knowing and showing other people what you have done by yourself. I hope Sony removes ''give controller to player'' or either removes trophies from shareplay.

That driveclub guy? did he have a session here on psnp?

Theres two things i have seen here on psnp. There was a guy that created a boosting session for ''operations trophy'' from battlefield 1, he wanted to fill the lobby for it. haha

and the another player created shareplay session for one of the codexes in battlefield 1, i died laughing when i saw those 2 sessions. their piss easy to do.

1100 deaths, that's some serious dedication. And yeah that driveclub guy had a session on this site, i heard about someone having a shareplay session for all 128 at some point too.

I'm not seeing any shareplay session regularly, but most i've seen has been combo related trophies from batman arkham knight.

I don't want to judge the individual people, but rather the whole system itself. The more i think of it, it would be impossible to remove. Casual players want to shareplay for fun, and certain sections of a game will be story relatable. Meaning removing the ability to earn trophies for others, would lock the host out form earning the trophy in the playtrough. And it's impossible to divide trophy hunters and casuals, meaning we sadly have to deal with it.

I'm personally staying away from the whole thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

1100 deaths, that's some serious dedication. And yeah that driveclub guy had a session on this site, i heard about someone having a shareplay session for all 128 at some point too.

I'm not seeing any shareplay session regularly, but most i've seen has been combo related trophies from batman arkham knight.

I don't want to judge the individual people, but rather the whole system itself. The more i think of it, it would be impossible to remove. Casual players want to shareplay for fun, and certain sections of a game will be story relatable. Meaning removing the ability to earn trophies for others, would lock the host out form earning the trophy in the playtrough. And it's impossible to divide trophy hunters and casuals, meaning we sadly have to deal with it.

I'm personally staying away from the whole thing.

Yeah, i loved Evil Within! I still hope they make 2nd one, and the platinum even harder :) Yeah i know, but i hope Sony atleast removes the ability to earn a trophy through shareplay, or ads a sign to the trophy where it says or indicates ''Earned through shareplay''.

Damn, really? all trophies in driveclub through shareplay? why buy a game and pay for it if someone else is doing the trophies for you? makes no sense to me. 

Yeah, personally im not against the idea of ''Shareplay'' last time i used shareplay was to show the game ''Prey'' to a freind, he was not sure wheather to get it or not, and after he saw the game he bought it.

Edited by DividedByMankind

• 2 weeks later...

If I was going to fuss over what everyone does, I'd be unable to function. If it doesn't directly harm me, I could care less. With that said, having a trophy attached to something shouldn't stop someone from asking for help if they need it like we used to before trophies. Gaming should not be an exception to the rule of asking for help. A trophy list should only matter to the one it belongs to. My brother popped a trophy for me once messing around in my Saints Row The Third save. /shrug

• Like 1

On 2/7/2017 at 1:56 AM, DaivRules said:

I assume all of the "hardcore" trophy hunters have friends or relatives who are better than them come over to their place and earn their

trophies anyway. Then they just say they got them and brag about it. How is that any different from Share Play?

Actually, I don't have any friends or relatives living in 200km radius that plays console games... sooo, I have to deal with these pretty much alone :D And yes, I think share play is a cheap way to "cheat". If you can't get a trophy by yourself, then don't.

• 3 weeks later...