What's your opinion on share play boosting?

OJ9999vr

12 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

Think it's stupid. Just got this. 

http://m.imgur.com/umwBPjq

$20 and you didn't take it? Dude you would be living the life right now..

You should have started the session then just deleted his save file lol and then sent him a video of you burning a $20 note ?

She must be a very lucky woman to have a man willing to pay for a sound shapes plat.

I once knew a donkey that platted sound shapes, true story.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

$20 and you didn't take it? Dude you would be living the life right now..

You should have started the session then just deleted his save file lol and then sent him a video of you burning a $20 note 1f602.png

She must be a very lucky woman to have a man willing to pay for a sound shapes plat.

I once knew a donkey that platted sound shapes, true story.

Hahah. I'm waiting for people to tell me to get a life for not taking the $20 ;p

• Like 1

I have found reading through these comments very interesting so many different views and opinions.

I personally have never used share play to allow a friend or help a friend with a trophy i have used it to let a few friends have a go on games I own that they don’t. I would never ask another person to do a trophy for me but I have been involved in trophy boosting sessions for certain trophies. I would however help others with trophies if they wanted especially my friends. I see some of you calling this cheating I ask you this who are you cheating or what is being cheated there is no league where money can be won for trophies (not that I’m aware of anyway) it’s just an accomplishment on someone’s PS4/PS3 profile does it really matter how it was obtained?

Let’s be honest most are claiming they wouldn’t or have not used certain methods to gain trophies how do you know? When looking at peoples profiles there is nothing to say "this was boosted online" or "this was obtained via share play" so what does it really matter I’m proud of what I have achieved and I take my hat off to others who have way more trophies and PLATS than me being a trophy hunter is a grind at times no matter how its obtained but all of us here must love doing it is that not what counts we are in the company of other trophy lovers?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wuthg21 said:

I have used shareplay twice to help 2 friends get the flappy goat trophy in goat simulator, i don't see why it's a problem to help someone get a single trophy that they can't earn.

Let me start of by saying that I don't care if anyone uses this method. I will share what I think about it in regards to using it myself.

I feel like it's cheating. Let's take your reasoning outside of the gaming field. I will never win an Olympic medal/FIFA world cup/Stanley cup/Super Bowl Ring/whatever because I'm not capable of the feats required to win them. What you're saying is that I should participate in those championships, and then let someone capable actually do the work and get the trophy for me (and make it appear that I actually did the work). I don't mind :P just think the reasoning is a bit odd.

I'm of the opinion that if you didn't win the prize, you shouldn't be showing it of as your prize (or own it for that matter).

But at the end of the day this is just gaming, trophies are worthless pixels and we just enjoy ourselves with our hobby. People asking others to get their trophies for them have to ask themselves what's more important; them enjoying games or their meaningless trophy ranks.

To each their own I guess. I personally would never use share play to obtain a trophy. I am proud of all my platinums/trophies that I've obtained because I know that it was me who obtained them and not somebody else. I know that if I went through my trophy list and saw that platinum I would always be reminded that it wasn't me who obtained it. It would be the black sheep of the trophy list lol

But that's just me.

49 minutes ago, Ric said:

Let me start of by saying that I don't care if anyone uses this method. I will share what I think about it in regards to using it myself.

I feel like it's cheating. Let's take your reasoning outside of the gaming field. I will never win an Olympic medal/FIFA world cup/Stanley cup/Super Bowl Ring/whatever because I'm not capable of the feats required to win them. What you're saying is that I should participate in those championships, and then let someone capable actually do the work and get the trophy for me (and make it appear that I actually did the work). I don't mind :P just think the reasoning is a bit odd.

I'm of the opinion that if you didn't win the prize, you shouldn't be showing it of as your prize (or own it for that matter).

But at the end of the day this is just gaming, trophies are worthless pixels and we just enjoy ourselves with our hobby. People asking others to get their trophies for them have to ask themselves what's more important; them enjoying games or their meaningless trophy ranks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the coach/manager/owner get a share of the victory?  Even if they didn't actually play the game.

5 minutes ago, GlennRhee said:

I think it's ridiculous to get worked up over how other people choose to play games, or what games they choose to play. :dunno: 

Pretty much that really. I've never used share play but I dont really care how people get their trophies whether it's through boosting, a friend coming over and playing it on your account it's whatever. 

If Sony considered it cheating then they'd disable trophies while Share Play is in use. I don't think the comparisons to boosting are completely fair, but I don't see how it's any different than using a group account, or even just passing an irl friend the controller.

18 hours ago, Quikdrawjoe said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the coach/manager/owner get a share of the victory?  Even if they didn't actually play the game.

So a coach/manager/owner doesn't do anything for a team? In team based sports a coach/manager can be just as important for a championship as the players. Owners are responsible for having a coach and players in the first place. They use their skills so the players can do their thing. They deserve recognition for a championship too. Besides, I don't know how it is for other sports, but doesn't the main prize go to the club rather than the individuals? At least in football (soccer) the trophy goes to the club, and the players/staff get a medal to show they were part of that championship team.

And unless the player getting the trophies for you owns your account (which makes it not your account...) or coaches you so you can get the trophy yourself, the comparisson doesn't really make sense.

Edited by Ric

I personally would never use it if I can't plat the game myself I don't deserve it. Don't like the concept of having someone else do the work for me. I don't consider this on the same line as boosting because with boosting you actually still need to participate and do things to get trophies.  But anyways if you want to use it to get trophies I say go for it who cares really :P

On 3/30/2017 at 2:52 AM, Lithium_Lemon said:

The way I view it is nothing related to trophies is considered cheating unless its earning trophies by illegitimate means (Hacking). If I look at a profile and all of the timestamps are in order, then those are legitimate to me. I don't care if you boost, use share play, or if your brother, mom, friend, cousin, uncle, next door neighbor, grandmother, or some random person that you met on a sketchy internet web site flew 4100 miles across the planet to unlock the trophies for you. I view all of the trophies identically. Personally, I like earning the trophies myself and have not used share play before to unlock anything on my profile. However, I did help a good friend unlock the last 3 DLC trophies in Batman AK via share play. 

Agreed. As long as it's within the rules, it's good by me.

However, I do have my own rules for trophy hunting, and shareplay is altogether banished from my world.

• Like 2

In my opinion share play is a nice option if lets say you want to check out a game before purchasing it and a friend will let you play it for a while through share play so you can decide if it really interest you or not, the most stupid thing about this is however that it lets you unlock trophies for others.

I have no issue of it. My nephew comes from a different state sometimes and he'll play whatever and get a trophy. 

Shareplay is not much different, just minus the car ride. You're not handing over your entire account. 

I don't think Sony cares either. 

Not to mention on some games like Destiny, that 500milisecond lag is killer, so you really should get 2 trophies if you get a trophy that way lol!

17 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

That is the single lamest thing I have heard all week. This was their 100 platinum and couldn't even be bothered earning a single, solitary trophy in the whole fucking game?!? Please, someone explain what would be the point?????

Sounds like you're the one with the problem.

• Like 2

I think using shareplay for getting trophies is silly and it makes those silly worthless trophies even more silly and worthless.

I'm not a completionist but I can kind of get why trophy hunters like getting high completion percentages and lots of platinum trophies. I can't get why someone would cheat or use shareplay to get trophies though. It's fake, and you're just lying to yourself.

18 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I think using shareplay for getting trophies is silly and it makes those silly worthless trophies even more silly and worthless.

I'm not a completionist but I can kind of get why trophy hunters like getting high completion percentages and lots of platinum trophies. I can't get why someone would cheat or use shareplay to get trophies though. It's fake, and you're just lying to yourself.

It's cheating, fake and lying. Okay...

It's no different then inviting a friend over to play some games.