Grand Trophy Hunting Olympics: Featuring the Elite of PSNP!

Just now, Warpedsavior said:

Well I usually don't pay much attention at all to the PS+ IGC but thank you for the advice.

If @Enma8910 is up for it, you could also do Severed as one of your synergy games.  I notice you have that on your profile and it looks like Enma has a Vita too, so if he/she picked that up when it was on PS+ you could both do that.

Also, Tales from the Borderlands is free on PS4 right now.  I noticed that Enma has started it, so you could both do that.  

All isn't lost ^_^  You just need to work out between the two of you which game and then go for it.  

5 minutes ago, Warpedsavior said:

Well I usually don't pay much attention at all to the PS+ IGC but thank you for the advice.

I think our team was talking about doing the same tactics at one stage, free games is always a bonus when it comes to these events.

• Like 1

At the rate I am playing The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, I may give a few points from it for our side by the time my time rolls around. I didn't expect this game to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. :( Oh well, point-and-clicks are always a huge story. :P

I've just rescued Ivo from her demanding mother and gotten her to Lopsum Ipsum and we're exploring the pyramid now. My last trophy was

Awoken.

Edited by MidnightCJ

@MidnightCJ See, i'm having a hard time believing that the game you are playing is so long, given that the trophy guide says it only takes about 18 hours. To put this into perspective, the Skylanders Imaginators game that I platinumed a couple days ago took me just over 18 hours, and it's not even a point-and-click game.

18 hours is a pretty long time for a point and click, to be fair. Most of them are under 6, a few I can think of closer to 10. Can't think of another that is single playthrough but 18 hours.

I did Book of Unwritten Tales for the first round (not in its entirety, got around 20 trophies) and it feels like a very long game. Not terribly exciting, very repetitive, obviously not a lot in the way of gameplay. Some 18 hour games feel like 5 or 6, others feel like 30. Unwritten Tales is the latter :P

Well, I admit that I did have to constantly go back and forth between my computer and chair which is facing the other way and I had been taking naps all day, so I admit that was a factor.

I am never relying on Playstationtrophies.org for guides again - they didn't tell me I had to talk to someone about something five times to get the Enlightened trophy! *deep breath* Luckily it's near the beginning but I have to do a few things to get into the place I need to go but I would have gotten the platinum now if it hadn't been for that so bam, extra hours I didn't need to earn the platinum. ?

1 minute ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Hopefully it works in my team's favour! 

I just wish I had more time since it is a weekday... 

Yeah work tends to get in the way for these events with me as well.

4 hours ago, Enma8910 said:

Unfortunately my PS Plus is from Asia so we might not have exactly the same games.

Tales from the Borderlands, Type: Rider and Abzu are free games in the regions you're both in this month so you should both have access to those, plus Severed has been on all regions.  Communicate with each other (if you already haven't) and try to get going on one of these, there is still time remaining on this fixture.  Don't go down without even trying.

4 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Well, I admit that I did have to constantly go back and forth between my computer and chair which is facing the other way and I had been taking naps all day, so I admit that was a factor.

I am never relying on Playstationtrophies.org for guides again - they didn't tell me I had to talk to someone about something five times to get the Enlightened trophy! *deep breath* Luckily it's near the beginning but I have to do a few things to get into the place I need to go but I would have gotten the platinum now if it hadn't been for that so bam, extra hours I didn't need to earn the platinum. 1f621.png

I used the guide on here:  https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3350-the-book-of-unwritten-tales-2-walkthrough  zadorvp writes some of the best detailed walkthrough guides. If there is a guide here, I'll tend to use that over Playstation Trophies as I had some rotten luck with guides on there that had stuff missing.

1 hour ago, Couch said:

I'm loving how discombobulated round 2 seems to be. 

Now back to my hole.

It makes me wonder if all the teams have a group chat going to help coordinate their efforts :dunno:

The countdown has been updated. I'm going to be at an Anime Club officer reunion tonight, so I won't be around when the second day starts. Just know that you don't necessarily need to announce who you're using for Day 2. If you don't, it'll be assumed that your team is using the same two people both days. This will apply for future multi-day events as well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Which one gives you the happy ending? :giggle:

Lol, Asian math is the happy ending.

10 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

So... you have to use US Math to reach EU Math? :awesome: 

Nope, bad ending and true ending are completely separate routes :awesome: .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rach said:

Tales from the Borderlands, Type: Rider and Abzu are free games in the regions you're both in this month so you should both have access to those, plus Severed has been on all regions.  Communicate with each other (if you already haven't) and try to get going on one of these, there is still time remaining on this fixture.  Don't go down without even trying.

Shoot, I was gonna use those games for my turn in the round! Oh well, I'll look for something else if you need to get points fast. I'll even risk... Psychonauts. :( (I know I get a lot of flak for complaining about some games but I have a mental condition that make it hard for me to keep at a task if I get too frustrated with it. That is why I have five PSN accounts now and four are retired. I'll work harder on the games, I promise.)

5 hours ago, Rach said:

I used the guide on here:  https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3350-the-book-of-unwritten-tales-2-walkthrough  zadorvp writes some of the best detailed walkthrough guides. If there is a guide here, I'll tend to use that over Playstation Trophies as I had some rotten luck with guides on there that had stuff missing.

Nevermind, I found the line saying "Missable: Say ......" and slapped my face in disgust. But at least it was near the beginning of Chapter 1 and I managed to pop it as soon as I got home from grocery shopping. Just had to do the whole potion bit over again. Now I have my 15th plat. Too bad it doesn't count for this event now. At least I know there's a walkthrough here - I would have written one myself. Thanks. :D

20 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I should join one of these things next time...  looks pretty fun.

As far as I know, this event is only a one time thing. There are, however, lots of other trophy competitions on these forums. If you're interested, you could consider requesting to be put on the waiting list for the Trophy Hunters League, for example :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

As far as I know, this event is only a one time thing. There are, however, lots of other trophy competitions on these forums. If you're interested, you could consider requesting to be put on the waiting list for the Trophy Hunters League, for example :)

Since It's the Olympics next edition must be in 4 years. :);) 

Edited by VASORAT13
  • Like 2

Hey guys.. Just a heads up that I got a internet connection issue with my ps4 or my PSN is down.. I have cleared tales from borderlands episode 4 up to the first 4 trophies of episode 5.. Just in case I dont wake up early enough to try uploading again..