Your first ps3 game?

Dante_196

Resistance: Fall of Man. I can literally remember booting it up and being shocked by how good the graphics and physics in the game engine were! Was my first real experience of online gameplay too. Can remember it taking me an age to unlock the 7 kill streak ribbon ? Played it way too much and got pretty addicted to the 1 shot snipers private lobbies you used to see on that game daily.

21 hours ago, christhedog3 said:

Resistance: Fall of Man. I can literally remember booting it up and being shocked by how good the graphics and physics in the game engine were! Was my first real experience of online gameplay too. Can remember it taking me an age to unlock the 7 kill streak ribbon ? Played it way too much and got pretty addicted to the 1 shot snipers private lobbies you used to see on that game daily.

Same here. I finally got an HDTV back then, walking through the snow. I played it so much. I played 2 vs 2 leaderboards of some playstation league. Loved the maps, the weapons, how well the grouping with other users worked. After a while they made the shotgun pretty much useless. I've got the game with my 60GB fat lady...but she was taken by the YLOD a few years later. I had some fun with the Resistance 2 Online Coop, but the large matchmaking often sucked, the single player wasn't as good cause bigger enemies =/= better enemies. I dislike the third one so much, that I never finished the trophies. With more focus on the change into an alien, they'd be better follow up titles.

Like you'd play the second one fighting with the handicap of the half way transition and benefit at times from it, while you play the third game completely as alien trying to keep your sanity to become human again. Still a great split screen Coop title. I still got a pretty small TV and I'll definitely play it when I get a bigger one.

I never had more fun in an online game. They at least gave away some free stuff and there was a Skeleton Mode for Halloween? Do you remember that one?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yakuza 3. I bought it some days after the european release, without having actually a ps3. I managed to buy the console 6 years later, because real life.
Of course, after so much time, the dlc code was expired, at that time I didn't open the case when I bought the game. Damn.

Great game anyway. 

I bought my PS3 on day one release. At the time, there were little to no games. So my first game was Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. I am so glad I bought it. I played that game endlessly. I literally played it on every difficulty working my way up to crushing. It was only years after I beat it that I found out about all the glitches and level skips. I really could have used those back then.

I got the Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 bundle but I also bought a bunch of games at the same time. MGS4 wasn't the first PS3 games I ended up playing tho. It's was probably one of the following: Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit, Genji Tales of the Blade, Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire, or Sonic the Hedgehog.

My 60GB Fat came with Motorstorm Pacific Rift bundled in and I got a free copy of LBP thrown in. Both are still in my Trophy clean up backlog, the former now having an unobtainable Plat.

I got Resistance Fall of Man and Far Cry 2 a few months later for our version of Christmas, again the latter needing clean up. The first game I bought myself was GTA IV (STILL NEEDS CLEANUP AAAAAAAH).