What to do if you get hacked and trophies pop, screwing your list…

Gray-Fox-44

On 09.07.2017 at 6:00 PM, Doomsdayman said:

doesn't the PS4 now update your list right away when you earn a achievement?

It might do that, however there’s no (at least yet) possibility for hackers to pop PS4 trophies against your will. So unless PS3 has got the same instant sync capability too, the aforementioned workaround should be still viable.

On 7/11/2017 at 1:21 AM, Se7en said:

It might do that, however there’s no (at least yet) possibility for hackers to pop PS4 trophies against your will. So unless PS3 has got the same instant sync capability too, the aforementioned workaround should be still viable.

I can confirm that PS4 syncs all trophies to PSN now right away. 

Not sure whether or not hackers can pop trophies for you on PS4, but I do think that @Gray-Fox-44 should update the OP as he wrote that you can delete unwanted trophies on PS4 as well and that is no longer true. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cuddlez227 said:

Not sure whether or not hackers can pop trophies for you on PS4, but I do think that @Gray-Fox-44 should update the OP as he wrote that you can delete unwanted trophies on PS4 as well and that is no longer true. 

I updated the OP ;)

@Doomsdayman , thanks for pointing this out.

@Se7en, this still works just fine for PS3. :)

Such a pitty that they made auto-sync work this way on PS4... At least we had an option to erase those trophies before :(

Just re-read this for the first time in awhile since I saw recent activity.  

Anyway, GTA V (not IV which I already see) should be added to the top of the list of affected games.  It's probably the worst offender, since its the most popular game (after Black Ops II) and both the PS3 and PS4 game clearly have people hacking things.

Just a quick question, kind of off-topic but......what happens with save files you can't backup? Only example I can think of right now is Mass Effect 1 (not sure about the sequels), but that game wouldn't let you back up save files.

If I get a trophy because of a hacker and use this method, do I have to lose the progress in games with data I can't back up?

1 hour ago, Arkthur said:

Just a quick question, kind of off-topic but......what happens with save files you can't backup? Only example I can think of right now is Mass Effect 1 (not sure about the sequels), but that game wouldn't let you back up save files.

If I get a trophy because of a hacker and use this method, do I have to lose the progress in games with data I can't back up?

If you're a plus member you can backup copy protected saves to the cloud

• Like 1

On 21/7/2017 at 3:20 PM, Doomsdayman said:

I just saw some of my PS3 trophies online while I didn't synced them. So I think it's auto on PS3 as well, not 100% sure.

PS3 auto-syncs, but not immediately after earning a trophy. Therefore, if you log out right after the trophy pops, it won't be added to your online synched data.

On 22/7/2017 at 2:36 PM, Arkthur said:

Unfortunately youre right. Copy protected saves will be lost.

Even though, as @SnowxSakura said, you can upload those protected save files to the cloud if you are a PS Plus subscriber... Not an ideal solution, but it works...

On 23/7/2017 at 10:11 AM, KANERKB said:

I wish I found this all out when I joined a hacked game that had level 200 enemies in borderlands pre sequel and the host of the game just killed 1 enemy and I hit level 50 without trying.  

Sorry to hear that, pal :facepalm: Damn hackers...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 2:45 AM, Cuddlez227 said:

There are no 'hackers' or modders on PS4 (well in the conventional sense) as there is no online access for jailbroken (to a point) PS4s. What you see on GTA V, Ghosts, or maybe Borderlands are transferred accounts -- users get modded equipment and attributes done for them on PS3 and then use their account on the PS4 or they'll upload a modded save to the cloud for a cross-platform game (or just mod the PS4 save itself). That said, I very well doubt modders can pop trophies on PS4 (and if they can, would doubt it'd be many, or just be for themselves.) I do wish that unwanted trophies could be deleted, especially for dead server PS3 games.

1 hour ago, audiopile said:

I had to do this today when "Scavenger" popped unexpected while I was playing The Last Of Us.  I still have artifacts and Firefly tags to collect.  Anyone else?  

That's a common and well documented bug/glitch that happens with that game. The "Scavenger" trophy pops earlier than it should.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

That's a common and well documented bug/glitch that happens with that game. The "Scavenger" trophy pops earlier than it should.

Good to know I won't be flagged for my soon to be plat#100. It should probably be added to the guide on the site as a bugged trophy but I guess that is up to the author. Thanks Stevieboy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to ask this, but I decided to start working on GTA V's online. Within a matter of two or three hours I reached level 12 and I saw those rank trophies popping back to back, obviously in a hacked lobby. I signed out immediately so they haven't been synced. So I understand backing up the save files onto a USB stick then recreating your PS3 account, but what good will that do me if my character is level 100+? If I attempt to play GTA V again wont those trophies just pop automatically? Or is it only when I attempt to go onto GTA Online? Do I have any options aside from biting the bullet and abandoning the GTA V platinum?

• Like 1

it's a kind of complicated situation...i ran a couple tests with this a while ago...sometimes my rank could be reset, sometimes it could not...it seems to depend on whether the game is able to save or not, which it does automatically after certain actions...the online is glitchy and so are the damn rank trophies so that's about as precise as I can be unfortunately...

you have a chance to test it out...after you delete/create user and backup your save, load up the game...see if the trophies ding or not and what your rank is if you go online...then delete/create user again but this time load previously backed up save before loading up game... recommend recording it all if possible...that way if you get stuck with the trophies and flagged you can say "deleting/creating doesn't work"  in your dispute and present your evidence...

Several trophies auto-popped for me in a hacked lobby of World at War.  At the time I was not a trophy hunter and did not think much of it.  Now that I am a trophy hunter this has come back to haunt me, and has led to me being flagged for leaderboard removal.  I'm unwilling to hide World at War because it is one of my most hard earned plats, and I have legitimately earned all of the base game trophies that illegitimately popped.  I was wondering, if I recorded video proof of myself legitimately earning all of the trophies that popped, would be enough to get my account reinstated on the leaderboards without having to hide the game?

Edited by PantherPilot97
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to delete my user few years ago and make a new one due to when syncing my trophies not going to 100% they were updating but I couldn't get it to 100% for some reason.

Not sure if this has been asked and I can't remember from when I did it but do we have to delete and redownload our games? Also when I did do this I lost my AC2 save because it was locked, this was before plus so I couldn't save it to the cloud, is there a solution to locked saves or will we lose them? Also can't we just copy saves to a new user account? Saves having to use a USB. 

On 01/09/2017 at 0:46 PM, PantherPilot97 said:

Several trophies auto-popped for me in a hacked lobby of World at War.  At the time I was not a trophy hunter and did not think much of it.  Now that I am a trophy hunter this has come back to haunt me, and has led to me being flagged for leaderboard removal.  I'm unwilling to hide World at War because it is one of my most hard earned plats, and I have legitimately earned all of the base game trophies that illegitimately popped.  I was wondering, if I recorded video proof of myself legitimately earning all of the trophies that popped, would be enough to get my account reinstated on the leaderboards without having to hide the game?

You'd need to ask someone from the flag team to find out and if it's a yes how to go about it, but my guess is they would say no. 

I know this might be of an old thread but i like to mention that Sword art Online - Re Hollow fragment is possiblly considered a "hack" similar to how Dark Souls is mentioned in the main topic. Apparently someone is able to trade you a "Short Int Sword" if i remember the name well, and it has some crazy stats like +10000 STE, +10000 DEF etc...

I checked the net regarding this and apparently its on some hacker forums aswell

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 3:24 AM, Kyl542 said:

I know this might be of an old thread but i like to mention that Sword art Online - Re Hollow fragment is possiblly considered a "hack" similar to how Dark Souls is mentioned in the main topic. Apparently someone is able to trade you a "Short Int Sword" if i remember the name well, and it has some crazy stats like +10000 STE, +10000 DEF etc...

I checked the net regarding this and apparently its on some hacker forums aswell

That has nothing to do with trophies.  Diablo has modded gear as well but it doesn't affect anything.  All it does is make the game easier. 

So wait, if anything happens to my account in the sense that I autopop hacked trophies, and I go about in following the steps up to where I delete my profile. Do I lose just the trophies that were autopopped? Or do I lose all of he trophies that i've earned on that profile?

Edited by GarciaFever

3 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

So wait, if anything happens to my account in the sense that I autopop hacked trophies, and I go about in following the steps up to where I delete my profile. Do I lose just the trophies that were autopopped? Or do I lose all of he trophies that i've earned on that profile?

If I understand you're question correctly, you lose any unsyched trophies. You can tell a trophy is unsyched if it doesn't show up on psnp

5 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

You would lose only un-sync'd trophies, and that really only applies to PS3.