Trophy thoughts for Disney Afternoon

2 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I never had any interest in these games, but if fucking Pac-Man can get a plat on his own, I'm amazed a 4 (?) pack of games managed to miss out entirely. Didn't DuckTales HD have a plat too or?

Nope, it was also a bronze only list IIRC.

I probably wouldn't have paid $26.99 for this with a plat. Zero chance I would pay that much for a non-plat list.

• Like 1

No platinum... ok! Oh, so not even separate lists for each game... :(

Oh, those trophies looked... inspired... not... :(

Speedrun trophies? 1 hour for each game? Ok, did we need a trophy for 2 hours too??? :S

Rewind feature? uhm, say what? What is that? Will this make the games easier??? :S 

Pretty turned off by this. You had me pretty excited, but then you took a shit at the exit. Won't get it unless very cheap. Thanks Crapcom.

crapcom.png

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I'm still going to buy it, just wish it had more to offer than bronze trophies. The harder trophies [speed run] give the same reward as just finishing the game. :/

Didn't mean you or anyone in particular, but reading through these threads about trophy lists makes me wonder if people have even fun playing the games or if they are just playing the metagame of trophy hunting and the quality of the actual game is less important than getting an easy platinum.

The fact that this is collection even exists is so amazing to me, I never would have thought it possible that we'll ever see 25 years old licensed games from Disney again. That's reason enough for me to get it. Trophies be damned! :D

• Like 1

I don't really care about platinums any more but I feel like finishing all six of these games should deserve a platinum for those who want it. It's done by the same developer as the Mega Man Legacy collection (who did amazing work on the remastering of those games) and that didn't have a platinum either. Someone needs to sit down with them for a chat about trophies.

It's Capcom The no plat was always going to happen just like the Megaman collection and Megaman 10 (which had the Clear the game without getting damaged trophy) And only gave it a silver.... Yep that is right not get damaged took me a lot of anger getting that one.

I am not shocked or surprised at this, Can't even say I am disappointed as the disappointing feeling for their digital releases ran dry some time ago.

Edited by fisty123

8 hours ago, Jim_bag said:

I'm not sure what rule of Sony's allows My Name is Mayo to have a platinum and this collection to not have one. I'm guessing this is Capcom's doing, right? This is a fail just like the Mega Man Collection. Dissapointment abound.

Its more the lack of rules that's the issue. It used to be stricter back in the day but now it's just a free for all. It's funny you should mention the Mega Man collection though because this was ported by the same team, seems they're clueless. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

No platinum... ok! Oh, so not even separate lists for each game... :(

Speedrun trophies? 1 hour for each game? Ok, did we need a trophy for 2 hours too??? :S

Rewind feature? uhm, say what? What is that? Will this make the games easier??? :S 

Game is also on Xbox/Steam so uniform list across platforms makes the whole thing easier.

Actually read the trophies before commenting on them? The one hour is for Boss Rush which I assume has you playing all the bosses back to back and the two hour trophy is for Time Trial.

Did you not see the trailer that was released back when the game was announced? Basically it's like Braid, Prince of Persia, multiple racing games or the plethora of other game with a rewind feature. As one would assume, it makes the game easier and hence why they have a trophy for not using it.

Anyone worried about speedrun trophies you cna just watch and try to replicate these to the best of your ability.

14 hours ago, fbdbh said:

They lost me at speedrun trophies.

the speedrun times are garbage. I've speedran chip and dale 1 and am knowledgable about the times for other games. My best time for C 'n D 1 is 10 minutes and 10 seconds, under 2 hours should be a complete joke. All of the games except TaleSpin are completable in under 15 minutes, and TaleSpin (iirc) is mostly autoscroller and the best time is 16-17 minutes. You might even be able to use rewind if you really need to.

Really disappointed with this trophy list. Wasn't expecting a platinum, but at least some challenging or unique trophies. the 2 hour time attack and 1 hour boss rush trophies seem ridiculously lenient.

Well, I already claimed this collection to be a half-assed quick cash grab because it would not be available for the Switch and because it's a basic emulator instead of a remaster (which does not need to be bad, but combined with wmy first argument doesn't make it look good), and now with the trophy list it seems my expectations were justified.

I'm not a trophy hunter and I don't really care all that much but this trophy list reeks of minimal effort. Compare DuckTales Remastered with a fair few fun trophies...

10 hours ago, soniq said:

Didn't mean you or anyone in particular, but reading through these threads about trophy lists makes me wonder if people have even fun playing the games or if they are just playing the metagame of trophy hunting and the quality of the actual game is less important than getting an easy platinum.

The fact that this is collection even exists is so amazing to me, I never would have thought it possible that we'll ever see 25 years old licensed games from Disney again. That's reason enough for me to get it. Trophies be damned! :D

You're absolutely right...but since the inception of trophies I've been brainwashed. It's a double edged sword to me. On the one hand, I am playing through the entirety of games that I never thought I would in years past, enjoying them more as a result. On the other, I feel like I'm selling my soul just to get imaginary metal. I played through Magus. I don't need to explain the depths of my depravity.

So trophies are good and bad...and they rule my gaming experience. But they also excite/entice me to play things I wouldn't normally.

Would've liked some Silvers or even Golds, but oh well. These games aren't particularly hard compared to a lot of NES games out there, and since you only have to beat ONE of the games without rewind, it'll be easy to 100%.

On 11 April 2017 at 8:40 PM, snakebit10 said:

Some of the trophies could easily be silver and golds. The speed runs and Boss rush trophies should be golds.

Actually no, they couldn't unless they removed some trophies in the process because there aren't any points spare to make the others higher ranked.

I'll take 20 bronzes over a shorter list because you get just as many points either way and have more to do.

Anyone who expected a game like this to recieve a platinum is silly, I'm glad it doesn't.

16 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Actually no, they couldn't unless they removed some trophies in the process because there aren't any points spare to make the others higher ranked.

I'll take 20 bronzes over a shorter list because you get just as many points either way and have more to do.

Anyone who expected a game like this to recieve a platinum is silly, I'm glad it doesn't.

They could have added them as DLC. But Capcom doesn't get trophies.

Edited by MMDE

On 12.4.2017 at 7:26 AM, soniq said:

I actually found the discussion about the third Albedo-trophy stack more amusing than this. :D

All those people who feel forced to play a game they didn't like a third time just for the easy trophies. :giggle: