New Assassin's Creed and Far Cry coming this year

ratchetdude231

Ubisoft has revealed that it plans to release four major titles in the next fiscal year, which will include the return of Assassin's Creed and Far Cry.

As part of its 2017 fiscal year earnings report, Ubisoft confirmed that both Assassin's Creed and Far Cry will return in the 2017-2018 fiscal year release window, which runs from April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018. South Park: The Fractured But Whole and The Crew are also set to return in that timeframe.

"In 2017-18 we will see the exciting returns of Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Crew and South Park," CEO Yves Guillemot said in a statement.

I'm really excited to see what they do with AC this year. If the rumors are true then the new setting will be awesome. I'm also a massive Far Cry fan so I can't wait to get a new one that's set in the modern day, as I wasn't a big fan of Primal.

Source

Edited by Ratchet
  • Like 2

More Assassins Creed? **yawns** Yeah, no thanks. ?

I'm interested in a new Far Cry, but since it's a Ubisoft game, I already know what to expect. It will be a good game but nothing great. It's not something I can really get excited about. I wonder how many radio towers I'll be able to climb this time. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf

I'd buy off on a western themed Far Cry if it was told from the point of view of a Native American character. Fighting back against the progress of Manifest Destiny, and it'd be a natural extension of the direction they took with Far Cry 4's Shangri-La missions and Far Cry Primal. Or a non-Native American character working in a tribe's interests, like how Jason Brody was working for the Rakyat.

The Crew had the worst trophy glitch I've ever experienced and yet I STILL love that game! I easily put 100+ hours into that game. I hope they put #2 in Europe.

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

We knew Assassins Creed was coming when Ubi said they're going to take one year off from AC releases last year. I need to find time to get caught up with all the AC's post ACIII. 

Black Flag is meh as an AC game, pretty good as a Pirate game. Unity is great for the price point it's at right now. 

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Out of those 3 games I'm looking forward to South Park the most.

I guess it's because we already knew about it, but I still find it odd everyone is overlooking that one. My most anticipated out of these 4(The Crew 2 is also mentioned), as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueBerry_1337 said:

I WANT NEW PRINCE OF PERSIA :spank: 

Ditto.

Far Cry and AC are pretty much the same kind of game from different perspectives, we need something new. Oh well, guess that's why South Park is coming.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Denvirus said:

Need to get caught up on Far Cry 4 and Primal before the new one!

The best Far Cry of all time will always be Far Cry Instincts for the original Xbox. So fun playing as an infected creature guy.

Never knew about that FarCry  would bring that over to the PlayStation.

Western setting sounds tedious like Red Dead, sorry but no western fan here. However, assassins creed can be excellent when set in an interesting environment, ie desmond and his gang rip,,,, Unity though, amazing AC so maybe a bit of history? IDK Ancient Egypt? Syndicate didn't really grab me with the twins and the dropped quality of the graphics after Unity. I guess we'll just have to wait.