Kill Your Completion - CYOA

@Hemiak would you be okay with me not deciding which sets to do on which day until the days are there? My brother-in-law is here over the weekend and if I am to game, I want to give him some say in which games I'll play while he's riding shotgun, so to speak.

Old list:

Spoiler

Current list:

Last Man Standing

1. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  2. Hitman
  3. Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell

Story Time

1. Firewatch
  2. The Fall
  3. Anna: Extended Edition

SPACE!

1. Galak-Z
  2. Hyper Void
  3. Rebel Galaxy

Strange Lands

1. Abyss Odyssey
  2. From Dust
  3. ICO

Burning Rubber

1. Driver: San Fransisco
  2. Blazerush
  3. Mad Riders

Current list:

Last Man Standing

1. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  2. Hitman
  3. Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell

Story Time

1. Firewatch
  2. The Fall
  3. Anna: Extended Edition

SPACE!

1. Galak-Z
  2. Hyper Void
  3. Rebel Galaxy

Strange Lands

1. Abyss Odyssey
  2. From Dust
  3. ICO

Burning Rubber

1. Driver: San Fransisco
  2. Blazerush
  3. Mad Riders

Optional Extra Games

1. Neon Chrome
  2. Transistor
  3. Earth Defense Force 2025
  4. Costume Quest 2
  5. I Am Alive
  6. Element4l

Mostly writing this down so I'd check if everything's downloaded (several were missing) and so Hemiak has the definitive list.

I've added a set of optional extra games, only to be played if I'm already at one hour per game for the day and/or don't want to play the games in the set any more, nor play anything else.

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Guardians of the Galaxy is on sale right now for ~15 Euro

Yeah, I know. There were other games in the sale I was interested in more, and Guardians will be on at least two more sales before the year is over :)

Edited by BillyHorrible
Forgot to add new PS+ game Element4l as an optional extra game
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

You're dead to me. :| Don't tell me this is going to be another Amnesia: Memories? A lot of people disliked that one, too, while I loved it. 

In my opinion, Root Letter is better than Amnesia. Also, they come from different categories in the VN world : Root Letter is not an otome game, it doesn't revolve solely around romance with a reversed harem like most otoge do. Some routes were better than the others but I found at least 2 or 3 routes to be pretty interesting. Amnesia was bad...really bad. The only good thing about Amnesia is the chara design and I think it's the only thing that saves the game from being an utter disaster. (Didn't prevent me from buying random Amnesia goods while I was in Japan though...). 

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Don't forget the creepiness of Toma's Diamond World route.  Amnesia was my first Otome (and first VN) and thankfully I've played more since then that I got more enjoyment from.

I reeeeally disliked that scene but it seems that VN creators tend to put at least one creepy scene in every otoge (like Norn9 with the sweet guy going crazy). I really dislike going for the bad end routes now because I know that there always will be that WTF scene waiting for you somewhere. I'm currently playing Psychic Emotion 6 and I'm on my guard for the eventual burst of creepy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Myu said:

In my opinion, Root Letter is better than Amnesia. Also, they come from different categories in the VN world : Root Letter is not an otome game, it doesn't revolve solely around romance with a reversed harem like most otoge do. Some routes were better than the others but I found at least 2 or 3 routes to be pretty interesting. Amnesia was bad...really bad. The only good thing about Amnesia is the chara design and I think it's the only thing that saves the game from being an utter disaster. (Didn't prevent me from buying random Amnesia goods while I was in Japan though...). 

I only compare the two, 'cause it was seeming like this was another divided opinion visual novel. Which was the case with Amnesia. But maybe this one isn't quite as hated by the majority of PSNP. Lol. 

On June 27, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Kevvik said:

I'm going to stick with the 10 games but with my busy schedule, I am not going to put them in any specific order at this time.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls 

Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus 

Tomb Raider Legend 

Minecraft Story Mode 

2064: Read Only Memories 

Rise of the Kasai 

Dust: An Elysian Tail 

Hitman: Absolution 

Lego Movie: The Videogame

Swapquest 

Depending on how much time over each 3 day period I think that I will have, I'll choose whatever I think I can give proper attention to.  Seeing as July is historically my worst month for trophies, we'll see how this goes and it should squash my completion a bit.

So: 

Starting completion rate: 80.21%

Unearned trophies: 1190

Games played: 171

I would like to do a game sub. My son just put Ratchet & Clank (PS4) onto my profile (not updated yet) and got the first couple trophies. Please replace Into the Nexus with this.  I'll be starting the game from the beginning which will net me the actions for the early trophies my son already unlocked.

Is there any issue with doing this?

I don't foresee any trophy change unless I pop 1 or 2 from Operation Babel which will only be a minor change so I'm not worried about it right now.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@Hemiak would you be okay with me not deciding which sets to do on which day until the days are there? My brother-in-law is here over the weekend and if I am to game, I want to give him some say in which games I'll play while he's riding shotgun, so to speak.

I never have and never will require people to post official dates for their games, so that's perfectly fine. If you want to label the game groups a, b, c or whatever. Most people just prefer to do it that way. Some people (including myself) have listed one or more games at specific times and decided on the rest later. 

I'm going to start adding lists to the OP tomorrow evening. I'm just going to put the most recent list for each person. If you've made changes since your last posting ensure you repost the entire list, or edit the last one. 

Lastly, just over 24 hours foe some of you guys. /HYPE!!! 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I never have and never will require people to post official dates for their games, so that's perfectly fine. If you want to label the game groups a, b, c or whatever. Most people just prefer to do it that way. Some people (including myself) have listed one or more games at specific times and decided on the rest later. 

I'm going to start adding lists to the OP tomorrow evening. I'm just going to put the most recent list for each person. If you've made changes since your last posting ensure you repost the entire list, or edit the last one. 

Lastly, just over 24 hours foe some of you guys. /HYPE!!! 

Huh. I guess I and many others have decided upon a set order in advance for so long now that I mistook it for a rule somehow.

Sorry for rhyming.

I don't think I'll chang my list, I'm still thinking about getting a new racing game so I don't have to start Mad Riders though xD

Fuck it, I'm gonna do 30 for 30. I'll post my list and completion rates when I can. I originally made a list for 10 games but I'll obviously have to add some to it. If anyone wants to you can check my profile and my trophy checklist to give some suggestions. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FFHannibal said:

Fuck it, I'm gonna do 30 for 30. I'll post my list and completion rates when I can. I originally made a list for 10 games but I'll obviously have to add some to it. If anyone wants to you can check my profile and my trophy checklist to give some suggestions. 

Yay! I'll check your backlog list. Know that Firewatch and The Fall are on a pretty good sale right now, if you want to play those and don't have them yet.

From your PS4 backlog list, I liked/loved these:

Assassin's Creed Unity

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS+)

Flame Over (PS+)

Journey (PS+)

Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS+)

Tales from the Borderlands (PS+)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition

This War of Mine: The Little Ones (PS+)

Titan Souls (PS+)

Tropico 5 (PS+)

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Watch Dogs 2

From your PS3 list, I loved these, though I've played some on a different platform:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham City

Borderlands

CounterSpy

echochrome (PS+)

Fez

From Dust (PS+)

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

God of War III

Grand Theft Auto IV

Hohokum

Jak: The Precursor Legacy

Just Cause 2

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Race The Sun

Rayman Origins

Retro/Grade (PS+)

Skyrim

The Swapper

Titan Attacks!

Wolfenstein: The New Order

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I will have to change my list a bit because I won't be able to play too much PS4 tomorrow due to being out of the house for most of the day for personal reasons. (Mainly working my butt off for cash, my dad wants me to help with his little side business.) Also, I am going to be very busy with FFXIV during the evenings for the next two months as part of the platinum race I am in. Therefore, I cannot afford to play the games on my list for very long. Therefore, the new plan is:

(1) Dark Cloud 2 (July 2 to July 6, 2 hours)
 (2) Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (July 7 to July 11, 2 hours)
 (3) Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (July 12 to July 16, 2 hours)
 (4) Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (July 17 to July 21, 2 hours)
 (5) Psychonauts (July 22 to July 26, 2 hours)
 (6) Rogue Galaxy (July 27 to July 31, 2 hours)

And this is two hours maximum on each game per day. I also changed one of my games.

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FFHannibal said:

I'm still open for suggestions and changes though.

Suggestion: don't try to get Day Of The Tentacle done in one day with a guide. Try it without a guide, the game deserves it.

In my opinion, it'sthe best point and click game ever (depending on my mood, I may give it a shared win with Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis), and one of the funniest games ever.

Final list in order of play:

1.  MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (Vita)  (3.09%)

2.  Lumo (PS4)   (0.67%)

3.  Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (PS4)   (11.67%)

4.  Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita)   (1.26%)

5.  Until Dawn (PS4)   (23.69%)

6.  I Am Setsuna (PS4)   (18.48%)

7.  Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)   (1.99%)

8.  Omega Quintet (PS4)   (3.02%)

9.  The Flame in the Flood (PS4)   (1.10%)

Current Completion:  93.78%

Games Played: 70

Games Completed: 65

Unearned Trophies: 156

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

@BillyHorribleI'll add your list in on the 3rd day when you're probably almost maybe done tinkering. :awesome:

Good point, though I'm perfectly fine with you using the last list I posted because I don't need any more games. Having the games selected on theme is enough for me, I don't need the OP to reflect the order. The optional games are just that - optional if I get the time, and I won't add any to any of the themes, so my last list is pretty final. It's just the first time that I'm not deciding on an order in advance.

KYC4 Starting Stats:

Completion percentage: 52,15%  

Trophies won: 6.435                     

Unearned trophies: 4.695             

Games played: 318

I've felt burned out all week due to many changes in real life stuff, couldn't concentrate on playing through any games.

I feel excited about starting a lot of new games though, so I'm in doubt about either sneaking in some early gaming time (it's  almost 2200 here so it's nothing drastic) or just calling it a night, going to bed early so I can begin with gaming early on as well.

• Like 2