Trophy Thoughts?

itsFIGJAM

There don't seem to be collectible trophies which is good, I'm getting tired of those. Luckily there's online co-op because for some reason I seem to be the only person on the planet that doesn't like split screen. Looking forward to playing this when it hits PS Plus next year.

40 minutes ago, BeetleBobBailey said:

Since this a coop game who gets the trophies? Both players? The host? The owner of the game? (You can play without owning the game).

A Way Out's online play works a little differently to most games. Only one participant needs to have bought the game. If you've purchased A Way Out, you can send a request to someone on your Friends list. Once they accept and unlock the Free Trial, they'll be able to play the game alongside you online, at no extra cost, from start to finish.

Additionally, you'll only earn trophies if you own a copy of A Way Out. If you join online co-op as above and don't own A Way Out, you won't unlock the trophies until you purchase the game yourself, at which point your accumulated trinkets will pop.

Source: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/03/guide_can_you_play_a_way_out_in_single_player_on_ps4

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

There don't seem to be collectible trophies which is good, I'm getting tired of those. Luckily there's online co-op because for some reason I seem to be the only person on the planet that doesn't like split screen. 

I think they said the game is still split screen even if you do play online 

1)  Achievements and trophies seem to indicate that this own't be too difficult, depends on how missable certain ones are.  With a vocally communicative partner getting them in 1 playthrough shouldn't be a problem. 

2) Looks like EA Originals will have a platinum but few trophies.  Trend extends from Unravel and Fe. 

40 minutes ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

might pick it up if it dips below $20 14 trophies in a $30 game :/

I hope that's not actually the way you decide on the game's value :facepalm:.

OT: I'm really excited for the game and I really like the platinum images :D. I'm curious what this ''new record'' in the The Dip trophy means though :hmm:.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

There don't seem to be collectible trophies which is good, I'm getting tired of those. Luckily there's online co-op because for some reason I seem to be the only person on the planet that doesn't like split screen. Looking forward to playing this when it hits PS Plus next year.

A Way Out's online play works a little differently to most games. Only one participant needs to have bought the game. If you've purchased A Way Out, you can send a request to someone on your Friends list. Once they accept and unlock the Free Trial, they'll be able to play the game alongside you online, at no extra cost, from start to finish.

Additionally, you'll only earn trophies if you own a copy of A Way Out. If you join online co-op as above and don't own A Way Out, you won't unlock the trophies until you purchase the game yourself, at which point your accumulated trinkets will pop.

Source: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/03/guide_can_you_play_a_way_out_in_single_player_on_ps4

Thanks mate. +1