Starting New account from being Country Rank 1

Tomy_IV

Out of all the accounts KingSuperOne has reviewed over the years, Tomy IV has one of the most impressive ones I've seen.

I can't ever see myself with over 20,000 trophies. Having that many is already a giant accomplishment. But I just know that only the most dedicated and hardcore of trophy hunters ever go for that high in the leaderboards.

Yeah, this guy is better than me in almost all respects.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arin1979 said:

That's why I like to go over my plates from time to time to remember how hard it was or how we boosted with friends for months for a trophy or how I thought I could not get it out and finally it came out.
For me the position is the least, is what happens to you while you get the good of winning them. The history behind the platinums.

I completely agree with this, I like going through my trophy list as well and reminiscence :) its not just a 2D clipart accompanied with a *ding* sound, its something much more than that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I always wonder if people at the top of the leaderboards drive themselves to insanity to stay up there, playing a bunch of pointless games they hate instead of just playing the titles they love and taking as much time as they desire without them. Like something you feel you're bound to do even though you could slow down any time.

Maybe Tomy came to that realization. I always hope people at the top of the boards never drive themselves mad. In the end your ranking isn't all that important, it should only be used as a neat gauge to see where you land among others. Have fun playing games most of all :) 

Thanks :) BlindMango Iw driven my self mad for a while now. Now i want a new start  and go even more mad ;) 

3 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

In my opinion Tomy has one of the impressive PSN accounts i've seen on PSNProfiles also PrinceOfPeace is a good one as well. The profile is clean as fuck. That's why you should not start over either. Because you put many energy into the account. And 97% completion is very impressive.

Damn you comparing me with PrinceOfPeace that i follow my self :) Thanks. The diffrense with Prince that he dont stack anything as i can remember. But i do go for stacks. Like in series Vita/PS3/PS4 But never region stacks. Never will 

7 hours ago, MMDE said:

@Tomy_IV, in my opinion, you really shouldn't care about your completion ratio. IMO, anything above 75% looks good, and around 80-90% is great. Nearing 100% or outright 100% just looks suspect. While 100% might feed some desire in you, I think it just do you more harm than good. Do you play games because they are fun anymore? Do you dread to start certain games or just outright avoid games, simply because of the trophies? Do you ever spend an obscene amount of time and effort on some seriously dumb trophy? Do you ever play a game after earning the trophies? Do you ever play a game that doesn't have trophies?

More than likely, at some point, you will be screwed over by some game and not be able to 100% it. This is not a goal you should be setting yourself. Go for 100% when you feel you get enough enjoyment out of it, but don't beat yourself up over a game you don't 100%. Don't waste the time of your life on some dumb trophies unless you enjoy doing it.

Personally, I haven't even earned a single trophy this month.

I play mostly for trophies now. But i can go help friends with the platinums i already have done. And speedrun them trough a game fast co-op. 

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Out of all the accounts KingSuperOne has reviewed over the years, Tomy IV has one of the most impressive ones I've seen.

I can't ever see myself with over 20,000 trophies. Having that many is already a giant accomplishment. But I just know that only the most dedicated and hardcore of trophy hunters ever go for that high in the leaderboards.

Thanks :) AJ Well if i really like my new account. Maybe i go even more serious then before :) 

16 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Normally when people start over on a new account, it's to have a better completion, which I fully understand. The completion on your current account is already damn near perfect, though. You really want to throw it all away for 3%? There's also always the chance you make one tiny mistake years down the line, resulting in losing your 100% completion. I wouldn't know what it feels like to be #1 on the leaderboard, but since you want to start over so you get to climb the ranks again, what happens if you reach #1 again some day? You gonna throw that account away too?

Regardless, have fun with your new account. I just hope you don't regret it one day.

I Still have my account So no time wasted. Yeah in Norway people dont really go for those trash trophy whore games. So it's possible too climb it fast agein. I still wanna do the whole Earth defense games. So that's 1500 hours+ already :) And i dont do trophy Whore games. Im not gona throw away the new acc if nr 1 spot agein :) Cuz im getting older and probably married and have kids

Edited by Tomy_IV
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Tomy_IV said:

Hello NiTRO. Long time!  :) I guess im getting pretty crazy am i right ? But plating some of the games iw already done. Gona be fun too do agein :) 

It is pretty crazy! I wouldn't be starting over if I was #1. I know I have unobtainables and I've just learned to deal with it.

But more power to you man! Make sure you add me on your new account ;)

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

I dunno man. I think you're a pretty awesome dude. I think you aren't giving yourself enough credit.

As someone who strives for 100% and is fully aware that I can never actually achieve it because of unobtainable trophies, I can respect your decision. It has personally always bothered me, but I don't believe I could make a new account. I've been on here since I got a PS3 back in 2010. Maybe one day we will get the ability to delete games off of our trophy lists and a new account won't be needed for the people that do care. Either way, replaying old games is always fun, so enjoy it!

On 4/27/2018 at 1:02 PM, Tomy_IV said:

I don't feel the same as I did before completing games and ranking up in the world. And when I started this account I didn't really was that into trophy hunting after a 1 year after. Then I was going for it 100% The more I level Up now as I am now LVL 77 and with 449 platinums. Doesn't mean anything for me then someone with 100 plats. So I wanna start fresh with a account with almost the same name. And start a account that I will do perfect on. With a 100% completion and so on. Completing series, having fun. Who knows i can even catch my self in about 4-5 years. But my Nr 1 Spot that I have in Norway. Will be taken in 1 year or so since I'm pretty high up from the guy under me, As for this account. I have way too many closed games with low% completion. And have a few titles I don't wanna bother finish. Like Uncharted 3 DLC for the ps3 And warhawk. And more. Starting new in May somewhere With a account name Tomy_   or something.  

I will not stop on this account. Gona try and finish up the games I have started. Maybe gona add some too finish the series too get the full set. But thats it

Anyone else that have started new with this high number of plats or Even been Nr 1 Spot ? 

Balls_are_soar had to start again and he was quite high up there. But he was forced to start again...not really sure why you are doing it?

I mean if you want to play your games again no one is stopping you, you don't have to start a new account. But if you want to start again just make a status update or just simply start again. You don't need the approval of the masses.

• Like 2

LOL. Basically you only play single players and collect trophies and you want to start all over again? . What is the logic? . A 100% account? . 100% accounts are completely paranoid with the completion and seeing the online status everytime they start a game. Not to mention, that they always need to boost the online mode in any game.

If you want to start over again, do both things. Start playing competitively in a game that you like and save some time for single player experiences. Build or join a crew and play with people, it is waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun than collecting trophies and playing only in single player and boosting every game with online features and not playing again with anyone until another boost is required. That's really boring when you do it 100 times and this is only personal, meanwhile competitive modes have a community spirit. I play competitively in Paladins, Uncharted 4 and Injustice 2. 

My guild in Injustice 2 is the best Spanish guild in the game and I worked so hard to make this possible. That's a real achievement in my opinion and if you are not satisfied anymore with the trophy world you can seek these type of achievements.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tomy_IV said:

I Still have my account So no time wasted. Yeah in Norway people dont really go for those trash trophy whore games. So it's possible too climb it fast agein. I still wanna do the whole Earth defense games. So that's 1500 hours+ already :) And i dont do trophy Whore games. Im not gona throw away the new acc if nr 1 spot agein :) Cuz im getting older and probably married and have kids

Except for this one guy who is currently catching up to you. ;) 

If you do it for completion ratio, I strongly discourage it. Playing as many games as you do, you will be screwed over sooner or later. You know you already have. And I'm serious, it can be something like an indie dev releasing some DLC trophies, but they never actually release the DLC. It has happened. It may be some online service that goes down or they remove a feature as you're about to do it. Even avoiding online games, it might be added in a DLC. And even avoiding these "unlikely" scenarios, you may end up with some trophy that ends up glitched in a patch as you play through the game. Glitched trophy in a DLC. Impossibly difficult DLC trophy released a year later.

You will be screwed, so don't play as if you won't, you will. Just accept it and move on. Don't let the completion ratio dictate how much you enjoy yourself with games. Start playing games for fun again.

And yes, I know you look at a certain other player and they seem to be doing fine. Remember what you think about their trophies. I think 97% looks way better than 100%, if for no other reason than that. ;) 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

Someone delete my post?  Autism isn't a bad thing or a bad word, it's a known fact that some people get obsessive or fixated on some details.  Case in point many trophy hunters go to extreme lengths for their hobbies and completion percentages. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

Someone delete my post?  Autism isn't a bad thing or a bad word, it's a known fact that some people get obsessive or fixated on some details.  Case in point many trophy hunters go to extreme lengths for their hobbies and completion percentages. 

Umm, but autism isn't an adjective. People can have obsessions and hobbies and not be autistic, so it's really not an appropriate thing for you to play couch psychology with. If you really want to try and make your case, you can message the mods and hash it out with them since they deleted the post.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Phil said:

I dunno man. I think you're a pretty awesome dude. I think you aren't giving yourself enough credit.

I definitely done some hard tasks. There's always room for improvement however. But I've always been a bit hard on myself.

Edited by Spaz

Maybe i just need a break from my account but i dont think so. Will see after iw done a few of my favorit games agein. If i wanna continue that account or not. PSN lvl 77 is not that much. So can easy reach it agein in 4 to 5 years. But not Nr 1 spot ofc. Without trophy whore games Mayo/Nubla those kinds :) I have like 6 closed games on my account that annyoing me alote. I wanna go full perfect in trophies. I have a big OCD problem. Lol And i really enjoying it. But yes 100% completion isnt perfect or anything. it all depends what games that person have on theyr 100% account. It can all be just common plats. I wanna have an 100% and have good games not trash. A goal i have for my self :) This is what i like about gaming these days. I played alote competative  before i have almost 800 hours on Battlefield 3 that i almost played for a year and had a break from trophies 

Edited by Tomy_IV
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 3:13 PM, Property_Damage said:

so i have 214 plats and ive had my account for almost 6 years

this guys got like 450 plats and im sure hes had his account longer than me

now take all that time involved and throwing out the window

Does that not seem wasteful to you or anyone for the matter

at the end of the day i dont care what anyone decides to do with their time, money, accounts, personal life, whatever it may be, but i certainly know a bad idea when i see one

...im going to take my profile with thousands and thousands of man hours behind it and just toss it in the garbage, comeon guy, that in itself is just plain stupid

I have joined this forum on: May 9, 2014, almost 4 years ago. tbh, this is one of the most reasonable comments I have ever read here, just saying. I couldnt agree more that creating another account is a very stupid idea.

It's like "8 years ago I started as an Intern in a company, now Im CEO, but Im bored and will start again from the bottom"

life is too short, look forward not backwards.

If you wanna throw away 5 years of your life because a 1~2% mark in a digital thing, feel free. lmao

Edited by ivangutjahr
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, ivangutjahr said:

I have joined this forum on: May 9, 2014, almost 4 years ago. tbh, this is one of the most reasonable comments I have ever read here, just saying. I couldnt agree more that creating another account is a very stupid idea.

It's like "8 years ago I started as an Intern in a company, now Im CEO, but Im bored and will start again from the bottom"

life is too short, look forward not backwards.

If you wanna throw away 5 years of your life because a 1~2% mark in a digital thing, feel free. lmao

I still have my account :) And i do it cuz i enjoy gaming. Not too stay nr 1 forever. And maybe i be the first too do this task. We will see :) If i get a closed game on my list so be it. But better then 6 closed games. Now i will only add games i like. And gona finish everything i start. And i like too go for the fastest in games. Fastest completion time

Edited by Tomy_IV

30 minutes ago, Tomy_IV said:

I still have my account :) And i do it cuz i enjoy gaming. Not too stay nr 1 forever. And maybe i be the first too do this task. We will see :) If i get a closed game on my list so be it. But better then 6 closed games. Now i will only add games i like. And gona finish everything i start. And i like too go for the fastest in games. Fastest completion time

Only thing about starting over is rebuying vita games.