Camp Wannalottaplat

25 minutes ago, Fidel said:

Nail bomb + Molotov combo usually makes quick work of them. If you don't have those, well... good luck. Lol. I had more trouble getting to the gym, than actually killing what was in it. :/

I do have those. I've done most combat with only melee so far. 

9 hours ago, Inuty said:

@cjshaitan @ProfBambam55

Not Really Sure what i should response to the stick discussion  but i'm glad you are having Fun :P

ah, so humble...earns a stick and brushes it off as though it's nothing...a good life lesson to be learned here...

you can expect me to take this thread off topic and drop sporadic likes as often as possible...trophies, games, progress, blah, blah, blah...i'm mainly here for the playful banter...just don't get overly personal or i'll drop a novel on your a$$...haha...having fun indeed...great event so far....cheers to all...special thanks to toog and donut (I'll be thanking you guys on a weekly basis as I try to put myself in your shoes of trying to keep on top of updates/organizing/etc...always appreciated on my end and just like to acknowledge your efforts)... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

@Kent my wife started kingdom hearts 1 on beginner. Just found goofy and Donald and 2 hours in.  Has too much time wasted for the 15 hour to even be possible?

Nope, it's still more than possible, although she's going to want to pick up the pace. You can skip the Olympus Coliseum (2 star world), as well as Atlantica or Halloweentown (6 and 7 star worlds). I would recommend skipping Atlantica for the speedrun. However, cutscenes count for the time so I wouldn't recommend doing a speedrun on the first playthrough.

Edited by Kent

9 minutes ago, Fidel said:

That's pretty much what you have to do, with such limited resources and ammo. Or run around in circles, letting your AI partners take care of it. :lol:

They are so slow to make the kill. I've been waiting until they stagger something and jump in and punch it to death on my own.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kent said:

Nope, it's still more than possible, although she's going to want to pick up the pace. You can skip the Olympus Coliseum (2 star world), as well as Atlantica or Halloweentown (6 and 7 star worlds). I would recommend skipping Atlantica for the speedrun. However, cutscenes count for the time so I wouldn't recommend doing a speedrun on the first playthrough.

Ok so since I'll be the one playing I have no problem skipping cut scenes since I have 2 other play thru 2 do. So where is a good guide on what to do the fastest to keep up with maximizing theb15 hour,  not change accessory in beginner

18 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

Ok so since I'll be the one playing I have no problem skipping cut scenes since I have 2 other play thru 2 do. So where is a good guide on what to do the fastest to keep up with maximizing theb15 hour,  not change accessory in beginner

I would play regularly the first time, watching the cutscenes to get a feel for the game and enjoy it. It doesn't make much sense to do a speedrun of a game you've never played. :P Then do Speedster on another playthrough. Also, there's no guide for that lol. If you skip cutscenes, only fight heartless on the first encounter and skip Olympus Coliseum and Atlantica you can easily clear the game in 10 hours. I think my save was at 8 when I finished. 

Edited by Kent

1 hour ago, Sardavanua said:

Got one more plat for Cabin #9. (Notice me senpai BamBam)

This time Invector. Not my kind of game and music tbh, but at least it was colorful. Only got like 7 seizures.

R.I.P. Avicii 

haha...duly noted but please no sempai talk...i lived in Japan for a decade and know how to use it properly...perhaps the seizures have made you confused as to when it is appropriate...haha...*mindless like at the sight of cabin 9 in bold*...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

SUNDAE UPDATE! ?

It was a fairly light week of gaming, but that was to be expected. I beat Dark Souls and The Lost Legacy -- even though I still have trophies left to collect -- and started Kingdom Hearts. Shantae continues to mock me, but we'll get back to her soon enough. The rest of Cabin #2, report in!

Status Report for June 17

Make Friends: Kingdom Hearts - 1%

Learn Something: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 11% --> 47%

Get Tested: Dark Souls Remastered - 30% --> 67%

Summer Vacation: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition - 51%

Shoot Something: The Swords of Ditto

Make Something: Pic-a-Pix Color

• Like 3

2 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

@Kent my wife started kingdom hearts 1 on beginner. Just found goofy and Donald and 2 hours in.  Has too much time wasted for the 15 hour to even be possible?

There's also a second way to get speedster.  Once you play the game for over 100 hours the timer goes back to zero and the numbers turn green.  It still counts if the numbers are green as long as it is between 0 and 14:59:59.  If you go that route, beat the game first and get unchanging armor and undefeated.  When you get to the final save you can then leave and go do everything else after that and once the timer resets go beat the boss again.  That's probably the better way for someone new to the game to do it.

@Kent Have a question about KH2 for you though while we're talking about KH games.  Any recs for a good gummi ship build for mission 3 of assault of the dreadnaught?  That last enemy keeps kicking my butt and I've tried many versions of the doughnut ship build already and just seem to still be lacking in something to either kill it quickly enough or soak enough damage before it dies.

13 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

There's also a second way to get speedster.  Once you play the game for over 100 hours the timer goes back to zero and the numbers turn green.  It still counts if the numbers are green as long as it is between 0 and 14:59:59.  If you go that route, beat the game first and get unchanging armor and undefeated.  When you get to the final save you can then leave and go do everything else after that and once the timer resets go beat the boss again.  That's probably the better way for someone new to the game to do it.

@Kent Have a question about KH2 for you though while we're talking about KH games.  Any recs for a good gummi ship build for mission 3 of assault of the dreadnaught?  That last enemy keeps kicking my butt and I've tried many versions of the doughnut ship build already and just seem to still be lacking in something to either kill it quickly enough or soak enough damage before it dies.

Oh yeah, i always forget about that option, it's always good to mention it. However, it also requires you to leave your console idling for a long time. Even someone who has no experience with the game could beat it in sub 15 hours if they're following a guide or have played it one time through.

Unfortunately, I do not. I used the doughnut build for all of the missions and don't recall ever having an issue with that one. Maybe @Dragon-Archon has some recs for a good build because he's also very knowledgeable of the games.

2 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Yes!!!! You're going to love EVERYTHING about that game! So good!

Yeah I really liked it back when I first played it, I'm not too sure why I stopped but it is a good excuse to go back and finish it :) 

11 hours ago, Jens said:

I will probably tap out on Yakuza Kiwami because holy crap, that isn't a completion list, that's a completion monolith. They want me to master some japanese games half of which I'm not even sure how to pronounce. But its pretty fun overall, so I won't be too sad if it doesn't work out, pretty entertaining so far :P 

So if there's a shogi / mahjong / baccarat / seriously badly timed karaoke minigame grandmaster out there.... teach me :dunno:

Hi Jens

Shogi isn´t bad, you can do the first challenge 5 times (not sure how many wins you Need) for the completion list. There should be a guide in the Internet/youtube how to win the first challenge

Mahjong isn´t to hard if you use the cheat item for that. (not sure how it´s called but it exist) You win instantly and should have enough Points for the completion list. But I recommend to learn Mahjong with some guides because it´s a lot fun once you know what you are doing ;)

Baccarat isn´t to hard either. You Need to bet on the Player or the banker. The one who is nearest on the 9 will win and depending which you bet on you win or loose :) It´s also possible to scam your Points. You can do one bet and if you win you stop playing. The Points you won so far will be added to your completion list

Karaoke is just practice, no really advise for that :( 

Good luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kent said:

Oh yeah, i always forget about that option, it's always good to mention it. However, it also requires you to leave your console idling for a long time. Even someone who has no experience with the game could beat it in sub 15 hours if they're following a guide or have played it one time through.

Unfortunately, I do not. I used the doughnut build for all of the missions and don't recall ever having an issue with that one. Maybe @Dragon-Archon has some recs for a good build because he's also very knowledgeable of the games.

So is it confirmed that the 100 hour thing still works in ps4 version?

Weekend Update ---- Atelier Rorona: 57% --> 70%
Just played a bunch of Rorona and not much else. It keeps freezing/failing to load when I'm moving between locations in town (particularly the Castle Front Desk and Tiffani's Shop)... four times already this weekend. I only remember it freezing once during a synthesis previously, so I'm finding the regular crashing to be ruining my experience with one of my favorite games :( 

However, because I got so frustrated with it freezing on me while I was trying to make progress, I did look at my save files from last year where I left off to see if I could remember what I was doing with them. I successfully found my Cordelia Ending save file to be able to get a lot of the grind-intensive trophies... like Alchemy/Adventurer Lvl. 50, monster encyclopedia at 100%, and the Adventurer Ending. Tried to meet the requirements for some of the character endings, but wasn't able to get any others despite my best efforts.
Now that I'm back on the playthrough I started this last week, I've made good progress. At the beginning of Year 2 right now, and I'm very relieved that I don't have to grind alchemy or adventurer levels... pretty much all I have to do is work on getting character flags and completing the quarterly missions.

Don't know how much time I'll have to put into Rorona this week as I'm anticipating a hellish work week, but I think I'll still be able to claim my 50th platinum before the weekend is here.

Edited by eigen-space

2 hours ago, Inuty said:

Hi Jens

Shogi isn´t bad, you can do the first challenge 5 times (not sure how many wins you Need) for the completion list. There should be a guide in the Internet/youtube how to win the first challenge

Mahjong isn´t to hard if you use the cheat item for that. (not sure how it´s called but it exist) You win instantly and should have enough Points for the completion list. But I recommend to learn Mahjong with some guides because it´s a lot fun once you know what you are doing ;)

Baccarat isn´t to hard either. You Need to bet on the Player or the banker. The one who is nearest on the 9 will win and depending which you bet on you win or loose :) It´s also possible to scam your Points. You can do one bet and if you win you stop playing. The Points you won so far will be added to your completion list

Karaoke is just practice, no really advise for that :( 

Good luck!

In Mahjong I already felt like I won 2 times, but something seemed to have been missing. I thought I got all my triplets and the pair, but the game didn't end, so that was really confusing :P But it does just end, if you have a winning hand, right? So that probably something in my hand just didn't fulfill the requirements correctly?

And just knowing that you can cheese the completion points with the first rounds already helps. I just instantly assumed that you need to beat all the expert stages on everything because I started with the remote car minigame. And with that one it demands every single tournament, so thanks for the heads up on that :highfive: I will definitely try, because this game is an entertaining timesink and it just seems very grindy. And the karaoke.... I will be able to get these songs done because I have a history with rhythm games, but all songs just seem way off to me with their timing. Is it just me or did you think that as well when you played it? :P 

20 hours ago, Inuty said:

@cjshaitan @ProfBambam55

Not Really Sure what i should response to the stick discussion  but i'm glad you are having Fun :P

I think we are all having a little laugh ?

11 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

ah, so humble...earns a stick and brushes it off as though it's nothing...a good life lesson to be learned here...

I think those that have really had stick never go back.

11 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

you can expect me to take this thread off topic and drop sporadic likes as often as possible...trophies, games, progress, blah, blah, blah...i'm mainly here for the playful banter...j

Excellent I do like a bit of banter will make a change from the constant game changing posts. I thought I moved through games quickly but I have nothing on many of these gamers. Great to see.

On 6/17/2018 at 6:39 PM, Kittet3 said:

Cabin #2:

Finished LEGO Chima as my bonus game :) First LEGO game I ever finished, even though it was probably up there with the dullest LEGO game I've played. Also it's been on my profile for over 6 months, so I'm glad to finally have it done.

Edit: Also finished Super Exploding Zoo after over two years

I don't know what to make of this, it almost reads that you are happy about completing a game. You need to be vigilant that is how these completionists get you in, next minute you find yourself playing the same game each day... day after day ... week after week..... it is inhuman man, don't succumb, fight it. I would hate to see you fall.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jens said:

In Mahjong I already felt like I won 2 times, but something seemed to have been missing. I thought I got all my triplets and the pair, but the game didn't end, so that was really confusing :P But it does just end, if you have a winning hand, right? So that probably something in my hand just didn't fulfill the requirements correctly?

And just knowing that you can cheese the completion points with the first rounds already helps. I just instantly assumed that you need to beat all the expert stages on everything because I started with the remote car minigame. And with that one it demands every single tournament, so thanks for the heads up on that :highfive: I will definitely try, because this game is an entertaining timesink and it just seems very grindy. And the karaoke.... I will be able to get these songs done because I have a history with rhythm games, but all songs just seem way off to me with their timing. Is it just me or did you think that as well when you played it? :P 

For the cheat item it Ends after the winning Hand because your Hand is so strong that alle other participants will loose all their Money. If you don´t use the cheat item it Ends after someone is out of Money or ... I´m not sure anymore I think 4 rounds? So if you won 2 times and do bad in the other 2 rounds you can also lose everything again depending on the Hands of the competitors :P 

I´m not sure anymore if you Need to complete everything on expert. I know that you Need to finish all pocket race tournements but there were some Yakuza games that you don´t Need to complete expert for billiard for example, but not sure which game it was :huh: Regarding Karaoke ... I´m not the rhythm game Player so I´m not really sure about that, for me it was fine after 5-10 tries but I´m already completed 6 Yakuza games with the platinum so maybe it really is just the practice. If you finish one of the series you shouldn´t have much Trouble with the rest.

Edited by Inuty