$200+ Game Quote Giveaway [Winners Announced]

Zolkovo

Winner announcements  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer winners to be announced?

• Short video reveal, summarising the event
    • Simple mentions and/or PMs
    • No opinion

Oh my... I saw my name on the video xD Does that mean I won something? I have never won anything over the internet, so this is kind of like the first time for me. Super excited about it. :D

Funny that my most random and less interesting Soul Calibur quote ended up being randomly selected. I mean, some of my other quotes were way better lol ?

Amazing work on the video and an even better job at handling this give away guys. Let's do it again some other time as I actually enjoyed sharing quotes every day and reading all the other ones that were shared on the thread.

If possible, I'd like to receive the prize for my USA account. :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

Wait I'm really confused did I win 20$ psn? Because in the video it says "a man chooses a slave obeys" and I said that :o 

but it there's no name attached to it. Unless someone else said that haha ?

EDIT: there's definetly a name there

(Zolkovo asked not to say the names present on the video so I edited)

Edited by Raitandrul

21 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

Wait I'm really confused did I win 20$ psn? Because in the video it says "a man chooses a slave obeys" and I said that :o 

but it there's no name attached to it. Unless someone else said that haha ?

There's a name attached, it's just to the left in those frames. Sorry to disappoint! It was quite a popular quote (unsurprisingly) and a few people said it.

14 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

[...] Funny that my most random and less interesting Soul Calibur quote ended up being randomly selected. I mean, some of my other quotes were way better lol ? [...]

Actually the quotes have nothing to do with the entry that you won on. I hand-picked ones to feature from all the winners' quotes to best fit the space and also to make sure that every quote featured is unique. In your case, you had some really great ones but they were way too long! The video actually has over 100 quotes but many of them you won't catch with the human eye because they're off-centre or only visible during a couple of frames during transitions.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Actually the quotes have nothing to do with the entry that you won on. I hand-picked ones to feature from all the winners' profiles to best fit the space. In your case, you had some really great ones but they were way too long!

oh, that makes sense lol. I thought they were randomly picked from the ones we submitted. ?

The one you picked is definitely the best use of space for the video out of all the ones I shared.

40 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

@Dragon-Archon

Anyone who had a quote that got high rep points was entered for the "secret criteria". We didn't want to say this up front because we didn't want people jumping on their alt accounts giving rep for an unfair advantage :P 

@Zolkovo told us to upvote comments :P, maybe not for the prize but I guess there was still some incentive. 

That was a funky video, I was bobbing my head to the music haha. Congratulations to all of the real winners, our hosts! You guys have done an astonishing job at managing and presenting this giveaway. The real prize for me was getting to share some of my favourite gaming quotes, which others may have missed or forgotten about. I hope all the winners enjoy their rewards.

”Hold on! I’m about to say something really cool!”

Jinx in League of Legends.

• Like 2

Just got my prize! Thanks everyone :D

Now, what I should get with it? Hmmm. :hmm: It's been years since I last entered Sony's store to actually purchase anything. I think I'm gonna check for awhile to see if I find anything that catches my interest.

When are we doing the next quote sharing thread? :P

RNG was on my side & I actually won something? :o That’s awesome! :D

Thank you to all the hosts for doing the giveaway, & to the additional contributors that added to it! Reading through these quotes was great last week. All the time & effort that was put into managing the giveaway are appreciated. Special props for the announcement vid; the detail in the edit are amazing.

I’ve just got a US account so US PSN card, please. Congrats to the other winners & thanks again! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

Congratulations to the many winners, enjoy!

If you're a winner please leave a comment below with which region code you'd like (if applicable), or whether you'd like to pass on your prize in the case of Premium Memberships / game codes. Once we've heard back from all the winners, I'll pair you up with a suitable donor!

Hide contents

The link to the draw itself will be published in a week to keep the suspense up, in case there are any doubters.

Just to give you an idea of how thorough we've been:

eQIVhlE.png

Video is cool, but you should really just tag the winners, or send them message. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

RNG was on my side & I actually won something? :o That’s awesome! :D

Thank you to all the hosts for doing the giveaway, & to the additional contributors that added to it! Reading through these quotes was great last week. All the time & effort that was put into managing the giveaway are appreciated. Special props for the announcement vid; the detail in the edit are amazing.

I’ve just got a US account so US PSN card, please. Congrats to the other winners & thanks again! 

I'll send you your code in just a little bit.  

congrats.

• Like 1