What do you guys and girls do when you get burned out?

ZireaelSan

As the title suggests, what do you folks do when you are burned out of a game? 

Been struggling lately with the 2015 need for speed prestige challenges, oh man after wasting around 7 hours i think i only managed to get one golden medal, 41 more to go f*ck yeah?! And now i feel so burned out of it that i just dont feel like doing it again anymore... 

Ps; if this is on the wrong place, sorry!

Usually just call it a day on gaming for the day or two. Either that or go out and do something and get back to it when I'm feeling a bit more refreshed.

Felt the exact same way recently when doing the Crysis 2 boost. I just went out and sweated it out of my system. ?

Some games burn me out for a little while, others permanently. Did everything I could to get the final coin in One Piece but it would never drop. RNGs suck. Lol. Since it is on the PS3 and I don't have access anymore, I let it be. Maybe one day I will try again but who knows. Enjoy plat trophies like most Hunters and especially for games I like but games are for fun.

It depends where I'm at with a game. If it's a challenge I usually end up looking at videos to get tips and then go back to the game, but if I just feel like I've done too much, I usually watch movies for a while or anime and then it goes back to gaming when I've had too much of those. 

You could also play an easier game to increase your platinums so you will get into the trophy grind again. I'm aiming for 99 platinums before Soulcalibur 6 comes out because that will be my 100th and I have no shame saying I've relied on some easy games to get me to the milestone. After I get that done then I'm working on longer and harder games. 

I have had this on a number of occasions gaming (and at work as well). Failing to Chocobo Trainer race 50 or so times in FFX, grinding my life away farming Adamantoise turtles in FF13 to get the treasure hunter trophy which added at least 50 hours to the game (since I finished the story at the 60 hour mark but got the plat at 137 hours....)... Now I just switch games to avoid playing the same game everyday. 

To prevent burnout, i usually have at least 2 games to work on at any one time; one reasonably long or challenging that usually needs a lot of time/ effort like an RPG or something (e.g. FF, Persona...), and then another super easy relaxing game like a VN, drama adventure game etc. that has no stress (e.g. life is strange, code realize, Harvest Moon etc). Light hearted platforms like Sonic or Crash Bandicoot are pretty fun and stress relieving too.   

But if I do get burned out, then I just call it a day and do something else like go to the gym, read a book or go out somewhere.  A nice cup of coffee or tea is also a must! 

After been burned out you start to think is this all worth it 5, 10, 15, 20 years later. All the time wasted trying to get a trophy. When your 50yrs old and you think...damn I used 1/3 of those years trying for some trophies!!! Imagine someday...trophies are gone! dannng!

1 minute ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

After been burned out you start to think is this all worth it 5, 10, 15, 20 years later. All the time wasted trying to get a trophy. When your 50yrs old and you think...damn I used 1/3 of those years trying for some trophies!!! Imagine someday...trophies are gone! dannng!

This is how i feel like right now haha

Have my upvote! 

This is what is happening to me in FFXV comrades mode, first because multiplayer is a dead zone where you sometimes find 1 or 2 good players to do level 70+ missions, and then through loading screens that even in a ps4 pro as mine takes some time. I really want to do 100% but I'm feeling tired, not because it's difficult but because of the grind it takes to do everything including the 80% of the datalog in the royal pack. What i do next ? I turn off the console and go to the beach that is close to me. the cold sea water helps me refresh my ideas

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

When that happens, i like to search for comments in google.Reading posts like:

''I beat Nameless King at my 1st attempt''

"I got that 0.1% drop with 10 minutes farming''

It enrages me so much that i forget the burnout and get shit done

Btw, those comments are usually on gamefaqs

'I've gotten all of the crown drops within the 100hour easy peasy XD!" 

never change gamefaqs!

When this happens to me, I do either one of the following in order:

1) Keep on going with the thought that once I finish this I never have to do this again and can move onto another more fun game

2) Give up for the day and try again the next

3) Give up for good as it is a waste of my time and I can use this to enjoy another game

A lot of the times, I end up going to 3) since I have too many games and grinding for the same thing for another 15 hours means that I could have finished another entirely new experience by then.

4 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Jesus that's depressing xD

But very true. I've had these recurring thoughts multiple times. I know that I won't continue gaming once life gets in the way so I'm making it count whenever I play something.