Your Most Underrated Game

Spiersaz

Came out a few months after GTA IV. Very fun sandbox title with lots of destruction and bootleg AI. Probably one of the most unrealistic games you'll ever play; You can jump off the tallest building, take an RPG to the face, and survive but you can die from a 5 foot drop after getting shot. Lots of good memories from playing it

824173-mercenaries_cover.jpg

RIP Pandemic Studios

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Puppeteer, easily. In my opinion, it's one of the best platformers ever. Gorgeous art design, sound design, fantastic story and voice acting, great gameplay, incredible levels of detail.

And it launched at a budget price, yet still people wouldn't give it a shot. :( Doesn't help when Sony doesn't advertise most of their games. Particularly Japan Studio ones.

If you ever get a PS Vita get soul sacrifice.

Other wise ps3 i'd say Demon souls

Demon's Souls is underrated?!?!?!  :blink:

Anyway, I've been playing Yakuza 5 again. This game deserved more love. I guess it's Sega's fault for waiting YEARS to bring it over, but they really improved a lot (particularly the minigames - batting is now a blast).

I couldn't tell you what games are "underrated" cuz' it's all a matter of opinion.

But, I can tell you what my favorite "darkhorse" games are. These are games that I figured I wouldn't like based on looks or word of mouth, but then I played them and almost instantly fell in love with.

Sleeping Dogs: Thought is was a Yakuza rip-off or just GTA: Hong Kong

MGS V: Stopped playing any MGS game after MGS 4 came out so I wasn't really interested in the next game

Fallout 3: Never played a Fallout game before this

MGR: Revengence: "Dante and Bayonetta had a baby and this popped out..." B)

Dead Island: The idea sounded good but it seemed too glitchy to me (still is but I love it)

Edited by The_Blackout_Kid

Definitely, a lot of people don't even know it exists even if they're "Souls" fans. People talk about Dark Souls like it was the first.

Really? I'm not as in the know on it, but I don't think I've ever talked to a Souls fans that didn't know Demon's Souls exists. Now, many (including myself) personally like Demon's Souls less than Dark Souls, but that's like saying I like filet mignon less than lobster.

Really? I'm not as in the know on it, but I don't think I've ever talked to a Souls fans that didn't know Demon's Souls exists. Now, many (including myself) personally like Demon's Souls less than Dark Souls, but that's like saying I like filet mignon less than lobster.

I've seen it a lot. People act like Demon's Souls doesn't exist at all half the time, because it doesn't to them. They only played Dark Souls. A lot of people that whined about Bloodborne being exclusive did so out of the logic that the series was multiplat, but the series started through partnership between From and Sony Japan Studio... Just like Bloodborne's deal.

people are silly. Dark Souls was quite a few people's first experience of Souls, and some of them don't know Demon's Souls was there prior to it.