Your Most Underrated Game

Spiersaz

This game you can't play anymore, but I would say MAG. MAG was one of the greatest shooters ever for me personally, it went downhill near the end of it's life cycle sure, but man I loved that game. I see it get some recognition, but imo it deserved more. That's just me though.

Wow, a lot of love for Remember Me on here. Am I the only one who thought that game was simple and boring? Different tastes I guess.

I think Bayonetta went more under the radar than it deserved. Shame because of that the sequel is stuck on the Wii U.

Also Eternal Sonata and Culdcept Saga. I remember playing these back when I mostly played the Xbox360 and I got absolutely addicted to Culdcept Saga but it's a very niche game so I can see why it went under the radar.Probably wouldn't cater to most people.

I completely agree about what I've quoted in bold, Remember Me failed to catch my interest too, I don't understand the praise it does get, and for Bayonetta, that really deserved more recognition.

As for a few of my own (I'll stick with PS3/PS Vita games for the sake of convenience);

• Earth Defence Force 2017 Portable (PS Vita) & Earth Defence Force 2025 (PS3): Both are essentially a throwback to the more old-school TPS games, where it's basically an emphasis on giving you stuff to shoot at over a story to follow (It does have a story though). It's a simple, addictive series, but it is not without difficulty either, just don't pay attention to the quality of the voice acting, it's intentionally bad to give it a B-movie feel.
  • Yakuza: This seriously needs more attention than it gets (The fact the recent ones aren't getting localised is proof of that), the series always has a well thought-out story, and easy to follow, yet challenging gameplay, it's a shame it doesn't get the recognition though.
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City: This just gets a lack of recognition because a lot of players failed to do their research ahead of time and were expecting a more traditional Resident Evil title, despite it being announced as quite the opposite.

I'll leave it there, I just can't concentrate today...

• Like 2

Folklore

The Unfinished Swan

Heavenly Sword

Blade Kitten (was Atari, re-release with trophies)

Folklore was fun catching Folk with the remote- shaking the controller mostly, lol...The Unfinished Swan you play with paint balls- chucking ink balls at pure white walls (can't see doors, lol),and water balls at vines to make them grow (so you can climb) among other mechanics.

My picks:

Ibb & Obb  Maybe it was because I was going through some personal stuff when I played it, but I have good memories of that game. Pretty difficult without a local co-op partner though.

Thomas was Alone When you manage to successfully anthropomorphize a bunch of rectangles, you must be doing something right.

Binary Domain  Solid shooter with a decent story, though it is let down by cheesy voice acting. Loved the 2080's Japanese setting and Blade Runneresque themes. Shooting robots and watching bits fly off them was tremendously satisfying, I doubt a sequel is forthcoming, but I would definitely play one.

Lone Survivor - if this game is not named the greatest game of all time then its not getting enough praise! Sublime. Perfect.s

That game scared the shit out of me. Was not prepared for that. Whoever did the sound on that game is awesome. 

I completely agree about what I've quoted in bold, Remember Me failed to catch my interest too, I don't understand the praise it does get, and for Bayonetta, that really deserved more recognition.

Both sides are valid. The gameplay was bland and way too linear, but the world they created was interesting. It was really frustrating not to be able to fully explore Neo-Paris. It's also nearly unplayable with the English voice acting. French with subtitles is the only way to play that game.

Edited by BraveNoobWorld

1L070c7d.png

For me it has to be Driver San Fransico. Great arcade racer with a a simple but compelling story and a novel car jumping mechanic that is used very well. There's lots of variety and it's all good fun, it evens makes you laugh frequently. I liked it so much I got the Platinum. There's less than 3000 platinum club members, it's at 3.89% which seems way too low for such a good game.

- Shadows of The Damned

- Lollipop Chainsaw

- Silent Hill: Homecoming

- Silent Hill: Downpour

- Siren: Blood Curse

- Wolfenstein: The New Order

- L.A. Noire

- Heavy Rain

- Super Motherload

The one I might get shit for... Duke Nukem: Forever. I admit it probably deserves a 5.5 or 6 out of 10, but I've played far worse. Real Duke fans can stomach this for the hell of it.

• 2 weeks later...

The third Uncharted. Most people say the second is the best but the ship/plane parts in 3 made me love 3 the best.

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct. I get it, it's shitty done, but I love the TV Series and it has a nice touch of it and I enjoyed it. It's just not really worked on. They should've improved the game and it could've been awesome.

Resident Evil 6. Loved it better than 4 or 5, really. Still my favorites will always be 1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica X.

Dead Space 3. It was my favorite of the three, it gets lots of hate too.

I Am Alive. Being a lover of the genre, I found it totally awesome, just short. It reminded me of The Road.

Edited by Vaxij