Your Most Underrated Game

Spiersaz

Binary Domain- Awesome take on a third person shooter. I loved the branching story, trust based squad reliability and the feel of blowing apart the robotic enemies. 

Kingdoms of Amalur- Cool way to spend public money for sure. Great action RPG with a pretty deep story. 

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine- I love the fiction and the shooting was pretty solid. The multiplayer was pretty deep too if I remember right.

I've gotta say Vanquish, really fun game with really cool mechanics, challenging and awesome and Resistance 3, which is such an awesome game with crazy weapons
You will not be disappointed at all :)
PS: I just checked PSN and you can't get Resistance 3,you can only get the demo, but Vanquish is at a ridiculous price: 3,99€, just buy it, it is so worth it :P

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to throw in for Deadly Premonition as well.  It's a love letter to Twin Peaks (in fact, the original demo literally was Twin Peaks: The Game) and to b-movies.  The controls are still pretty bad, but if you can get over that, it's fun and immersive and packs a good whodunnit.

LA Noire, which a few people have brought up, is also great, but that one had an actual marketing campaign so I don't know if it counts?

• Like 1

LA Noire, which a few people have brought up, is also great, but that one had an actual marketing campaign so I don't know if it counts?

"Underrated" and "undersupported" are different. I'm not sure that LA Noire was really underrated, either (although I personally rate it pretty low), but I think it's reasonable.

Anyway, I mentioned Akiba's Trip earlier. I'm gonna throw in Alpha Protocol now. I have no idea what the critics were smoking - Alpha Protocol is THE best choice-driven game of the PS3. The combat might not be "realistic", but it's fun as hell to sneak and kill. And, unlike most of Obsidian's games, it actually works!

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny.

Very few people seem to have played it.

You really get caught with the gameplay, crafting weapons, farming, interacting with the villagers.

The storyline is subpar, combat is kimda button mashy and you cant spin the camera with the right analog stick. And i havent gotten the platinum, but my guess is that it can take you at least 60 hours to get it.

Its a good game, but not the best in the franchise, rune Factory 4 for the 3DS is better in many aspects

Conan

Folklore

Red Faction Armageddon (MR Toots FTW)

Deadly Premonition

Enslaved Odyssey to the West

Hunted Demons Forge

Overlord Raising Hell

3D Dot Game Heroes (From Softwares BEST game IMHO)

Ghostbusters

NieR

Akiba's Trip Undead and Undressed (i got the PS4 version when i finally got a PS4)

that is all i can think of at the moment

EDIT:

Brutal Legend (while i am not a fan of RTS and i feel the game was marketed wrong it is still a blast to play)

Strider as someone mentioned a Metroid clone with a ninja

Escape Dead Island

Damnation

Bionic Commando

Godzilla

i tend to go more towards the smaller obscure titles than a AAA a title.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

I see Catherine here a lot but it was never underrated by any means, got an average review rate above 80% and with around a million copies sold by now it did more than four times what Atlus was originally expecting, the game was a huge financial success for the company.

I ll jump on the Spec ops the line, Nier, 3d dot game heroes train though.

Fleks_Mhteam.png

Ni No Kuni: The Wrath Of The White Witch.

One of the greatest games I've ever played. Everyone I've spoken to who has played it, loves it. This game should have sold so many more copies. I hope the studio brings out a sequel or similar games.

Bandai announced a sequel yesterday for the ps4. :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Evil Within.

I really had a great time with it, didn't understand why most ended-up hating it. While it has its flaws, it improves on some aspects of RE4's gameplay and packs some nice scares. It's what the rest of the RE games should have been after RE4 imo.

Edited by NullRay85

• 2 weeks later...

Strider

It was my most recent plat and I LOVED it. A Super Metroid clone with a ninja... What's not to love? My favourite aspect of it were the boss fights. They were really well designed.

I don't know why it wasn't more well received. If I had to guess it would either be the fact the the first few minutes on hard difficulty are brutal, could turn people of early. Or the fact that the map was a tiny bit confusing since there was no fast travel, made back tracking for collectibles a bit of an annoyance. Other then that, it was a very solid experience.

X-Blades, Blades Of Time And SH Downpour, the three were amazing games, but underrrated, X-Blades was very wrong classiffied and it looks like the doom of X-Blades-Blades Of Time was because where are those from, Sh Downpour maybe has some frame rate and frozen parts of the game, but it was very good, I don't regret when I wanted it, worths the long time to get it

Bayonetta 

I don't know if that is irony or just something you didn't think you'd enjoy.

The redone Alien Breed Trilogy is underrated in my opinion. I believe it was the original idea behind the Dead Space series (well, the story and feeling is incredibly similar).

Def worth getting the trilogy and a reasonably challenging trophy set also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Psy-Tychist's avatar just reminded me of the underrated game that lives in the shadow of Final Fantasy: 

250px-Vagrantstorybox.jpg

If you like an action rpg with an engaging story, high-chain magical and physical combat system that allows players to strategically target enemy limbs, and great music, try this game.

EDIT:

Heh. Not so underrated after all, considering the game's sales, selection for PS1's Greatest Hits brand, availability on PSN, and universal acclaim.

In that case, I'll add to what a few others have stated and nominate... 

dantes-inferno-playstation-3_38113_post.

A lot of people dismissed the game as a cheap "God of War" clone, a stance made especially easy by the fact that it was published by EA (Evil Association) when in fact, descending down the 9 circles of Hell was a blast.

Edited by AdventCloud7

Evolve!!!

DLC the same like in Mortal Kombat X. You can do everything, if u want to play with new characters or skins - buy it.

But reaction of people is weird.... MK X - wow! Game of the year!   Evolve? WTF they are doing! To many DLC! Nobody want that sh.t!

Totally crazy, to many water in brains of the most of players...