Your Most Underrated Game

Spiersaz

14 minutes ago, jadethealmighty said:

I started to watch a let's play for Alice: Madness Returns and I stopped because I wanted to pick it up, it looks amazing. I've never heard of it before!

Go grab yourself a copy of Alice then . It's a fun game overall , i have it on my collection :D

3 minutes ago, jadethealmighty said:

I haven't been able to find a copy yet! If I can't find it when I go to a bigger town on Friday I'm going to order online haha

Might be a bit hard to find on stores . If you can't find a copy that way , i advise then to go online to order a copy for a good price . 

Just now, Sigma999 said:

Might be a bit hard to find on stores . If you can't find a copy that way , i advise then to go online to order a copy for a good price . 

Haha, I might have to wait until the end of the month when I get paid. My poor bank balance is screaming no more games at me right now, but I defo have some I want to pick up soon!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, jadethealmighty said:

Haha, I might have to wait until the end of the month when I get paid. My poor bank balance is screaming no more games at me right now, but I defo have some I want to pick up soon!

Did you get it? If you did, ignore the lousy "American McGee's Alice" free DLC, and stick with the main game. Alice Returns is solid fun.

On 2/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, jadethealmighty said:

I have one sitting on my shelf that I need to sell if you're interested.

The Saboteur

A WW2 Open world game taking place in invaded Paris, isnt interesting enough? It has an slightly interesting story and characters. The parts of the map you havent liberated are black and white and when you liberate them they got their colours back. Has some climbing and freerun mechanics but unfortunatelly not executed good enough. Different then most of the open world games out there and should be given a chance. Completely underrated.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2017 at 6:09 AM, SomervilleHBK said:

Tornado Outbreak.

Tornado Outbreak.

Tornado. Outbreak.

Arcade style destruction game from 09. If you find a copy add it to your collection. Got it 2 years after it came out and even then it was less than 10 bucks.

been looking for it but everywhere I see it it's really expensive

I'm gonna say Clash of The Titans. Those who already played know how bad facial animations, story line, dialogues, script are... (You name it).

Some people even argue the game is just a grind fest. In my opinion if you ignore those flaws and focus solely in the gameplay you can (maybe) have a good time with it.

I have to say I personally do enjoy playing that one from time to time. The game has a lot of challenges (secondary missions/tasks) and weapons to obtain, many different types of enemies to deal with and quite a lot of variety of 'bosses' to face.

It's true that game was a quick cash grab though, so it's understandable many would despise it.

In my opinion It's not the type of game you should try for a quick platinum then be done with it, there are probably less problematic games than this one for that.

So I'm currently playing Nier and I can easily say it's one of the best games I've ever played so far, storywise at least.

While most of the reviews rated that game rather mediocre, many friends recommended that game to me. 

I agree that the controls, the graphics and the gameplay are a bit rusty compared to games that were relesed in the same year but Nier's story and its soundtrack are beyond awesome. Never cared that much for every single character of a game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Izularia said:

So I'm currently playing Nier and I can easily say it's one of the best games I've ever played so far, storywise at least.

While most of the reviews rated that game rather mediocre, many friends recommended that game to me. 

I agree that the controls, the graphics and the gameplay are a bit rusty compared to games that were relesed in the same year but Nier's story and its soundtrack are beyond awesome. Never cared that much for every single character of a game. 

How could I forget about Nier? That's a really underrated game, more people should give it a try.

Soundtrack alone makes a huge part of that game, when you put that plus a really good story line together, you don't need much more than that for the game to work.

I would rather play Nier than Beyond: Two Souls if I wanted to get an 'emotional experience' out of a video game. Totally worth buying.

• 1 month later...

For PS3 Downloadable Games I would look into these (Even though I don't have many games but I try)

cM64aLP.pngsjIu5B1.jpgrGtPajN.jpgR3wIp3K.jpgfJLQrRv.jpg8nPnXy4.jpg

Anyone here have some recommendations on some really fun PS3 Downloadable games?  ( it could come from Steam, PSN and Nintendo Online)

There's a couple of games that go unheard or unmentioned that I really liked. 

-Lone Survivor was really cool and I found it engrossing throughout. I liked it's creepy atmosphere with it's 8-bit visuals and retro look (and the music was great). It's tired mechanic was really well done and it's cool that the protagonist hallucinated more if he's tired. Plus the story was great too.

-Braid was a really smart puzzle-platformer and it was a joy to play. And the story is not that simple as it originally seems. The only downside to this game is that it's too short (but not short enough for me to get the speedrun trophy for it...)

-Deadly Premonition is a game I'll never forget. It's a highly polarized game though. The game looks like a bad looking PS2 game, I've played PS1 games with better and more responsive controls, and the writing is completely cheesy and cringe-worthy. However, the story is actually really good and the "open-world" aspect was really well done (with laundry mechanics, gas mechanics and each NPC having a certain schedule). And the cheesy writing adds to the B-movie charm, and the game knows that itself. And it reminds me of Twin Peaks too. 

-Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is a game that basically went under the radar when it came out (even though it's part of a popular series). It was my first Sly game, but it really caught my attention. The platforming felt nice, the art-style was great, I loved how each map felt different from each other, and the soundtrack is great too. I ended up buying the Sly collection after that, but I haven't played it yet. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this is in the PS3 section and not PS4, but 

Knack is fun and well made and just everything about it is the god damned definition of underrated.

Except the fact the diamond Knack is so hard to unlock. I'd have plat'd it 3 years ago if not for that asshole.

Assassin's Creed III gets a lot of flack these days and I didn't think it lived up to its predecessors when I played it the first time, but I definitely liked it enough to play through it a second time.

Haven't played it on PS3 but I loved MagRunner on X360, I think it's not really "underrated" as much as it is just obscure, though.

Not enough people take Kung Fu Rabbit seriously as a fun little platformer.

Dogfight 1942 gets slammed for not being as good as its big budget competitors but I thought it worked.

L.A. Noire gets flack for some of the main protagonist's choices and for the ending, but the only problem I see was that the Homicide storyline would work much better as a final story if drops of information about that had been scattered in earlier departments instead of the arson stuff.

Most people here hate Luftrausers simply because it has two unobtainable trophies but I like it, it's a short little game that's a lot of fun.

People slam Fez a lot for Phil Fish, but I still like the game.

I define underrated games into 2 categories. One category is games that flew under the radar like Lost Dimension. The other is for games that were slammed by critics but found a home with fans, such as Remember Me. So it depends on which category appeals to you. Those are my favorite underrated games.