Spiersaz

Fallout 3

Uncharted 2

The Last of Us

Bioshock

On a more serious note:

Dante's Inferno

Shadows of the Damned

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct(I may be the only person in the universe who had fun with the game)

The Darkness 2

DMC:Devil May Cry(loved it, one of the funnest games of 2013)

Dead Space 3(I think people just hated it because it was more action based than horror, but if you look at it as its own title. and not part of the series, you will enjoy it)

Edited by drummerklg

• 1 month later...

-Kingdoms of Amalur was an amazing surprise and deserved more credit.

-Kane and Lynch (series): More like my "dirty little secret" than "underrated, there is so much potential and the second game had one of the greatest art designs in a long time. 

-Alpha Protocol: Great story and tries to do what Mass Effect did, but with a Bourne Conspiracy vibe. Bad gameplay and AI hamper the experience, but still a great game.

-The Saboteur: I loved everything Pandemic did and their swan song was a fantastic game based with Nazi occupied Paris as a back-drop.

Edited by ARIXANDRE

• 2 weeks later...

LA Noire. I love detective stories, love that post WWII vibe, the suits, the trilbys, the music. It makes me really sad that a lot of people might have overlooked this one.

While playing the game, I thought of maybe being a detective when I grow up. LOL. But the game's really nice in my opinion.

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes

I had over a hundred hours of fun with this game, and it's kind of sad not too many people know about it.

I have been a fan of Basara ever since it was on the PS2. And yes, I've experienced a lot of fun playing it, especially if you're playing with someone on split-screen, getting a 10,000 combo, grinding those accessories, etc.

I play a lot of underrated games because are my favorites. I've only these in my mind now from the current generation:

Alien Rage - it's a good challenge even on normal. (this game doesn't have easy mode)

Viking Battle for Asgard - good God of War alternative.

Two Worlds II - good Skyrim alternative, also with multiplayer.

Kindoms of Amalur - another good Skyrim alternative.

Game of Thrones - really, it's a good game (similar to Dragon Age Origins) and it's very rare for a movie/tv show based game.

Avatar The Game - another good movie based game.

Shadows of the Damned. Awesome title just not mainstream enough to make a buzz. Also it released in the summer of that year and normally that means nobody probably even knew about it. Come to think of it, the creator, Suda 51, is known for his quirky taste so you could probably look up any of his games and most would qualify as underrated.

Enslaved, Dead Space 3 (great game for what it is), Darksiders, Final Fantasy XIII, Blur.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver games, these were so much better than the blood omen games. I've been impatiently waiting for a ps3 release for years. :(

• Like 1

I would definitely agree that Reasonance of Fate is underrated. It has a very unique story along with its gameplay - I enjoyed both. A very original game.

Eternal Sonata too I agree with, though I think the design of the characters throws people off. 

I think the Yakuza series is probably the most underrated game ever. That game is one I seldom see on people's profiles, let alone if they have them all (played Yakuza 1 + 2  and own Yakuza 3, 4 + Dead Souls). For the handful of people that I know plays it in real life, they ignorantly say it's a game for weeaboos (people who wishes they were japanese or something) or want a Shenmue knock-off. Both are untrue. Yakuza is a game for people who like good games, period. Great story, great characters and great fun. 

Killer is Dead is underrated as well - I have yet to finish it, but from what I saw so far, it should receive a lot more attention than it does. I think Suda51 games are a bit underrated in general anyway, though. 

Edited by miki-iki

I would definitely agree that Reasonance of Fate is underrated. It has a very unique story along with its gameplay - I enjoyed both. A very original game.

Eternal Sonata too I agree with, though I think the design of the characters throws people off. 

I think the Yakuza series is probably the most underrated game ever. That game is one I seldom see on people's profiles, let alone if they have them all (played Yakuza 1 + 2  and own Yakuza 3, 4 + Dead Souls). For the handful of people that I know plays it in real life, they ignorantly say it's a game for weeaboos (people who wishes they were japanese or something) or want a Shenmue knock-off. Both are untrue. Yakuza is a game for people who like good games, period. Great story, great characters and great fun. 

Killer is Dead is underrated as well - I have yet to finish it, but from what I saw so far, it should receive a lot more attention than it does. I think Suda51 games are a bit underrated in general anyway, though. 

I totally agree. I have those games, and I'm looking forward to the journey. To add onto that:

The Saboteur: Man, that game's severely underrated. I enjoyed how its in black and white until you take over a area, then once you leave to another area, its black and white. The transition from black and white to color is done pretty well.

Remember Me: I LOVED this game!!! The story was pretty good (and it did leave a bunch of open ended questions as well). The visuals are amazing, the combat's pretty good (think Batman-ish). The character Nilin is amazing as well. Glad its free from PS+ so I can play it over and over again. (Got the plat before the game was free. Don't care, will still play it)

There's a couple of more that I can't remember at this moment. When I do, I'll edit this post.