Is the game really that easy?

B4d4ssHunt4r

51 minutes ago, maniek515 said:

What exactly is hard about getting GOW platinum? 

He did not say it's hard. But I wouldn't call that "easy" Platinum, either. Final Valkyrie can be quite challenging for average gamer. You have to lookup YouTube or some other guide for Ravens (and possibly other collectibles), which was extremely annoying for me. I prefer AC Black Flag/Origins type of collectibles when the game gives you some sort of hint, but you still have to find it by yourself. The post game grind also takes some time (especially collectibles) because of the semi open-world (corridor) game design, etc.

For example I have Killzone Shadow Fall Platinum (currently sitting at 1.83% rarity). I could also call it "easy", but give it a go and try get it. The point is - the game itself does not have to be challening to be considered "hard" to plat for some people.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Starlove- said:

Also not impressed by tripple A games always having such pathetically easy lists

This ^ 

Almost all the "big" games that have been a big hit recently have easy plats, such as HZD, FFXV, GOW to name a few

Edited by Kyl542

Yes, it's piss easy. 

Playing the game's story will pop most of them, and doing a bit of free roam for fun will net you most of the rest of the trophies pretty naturally too. 

Unless you don't like doing any of the side missions, which outside of a few lame ones for Harry, mostly consist of Spider-Man Spider-Manning his way around Spider-Manhattan, the plat is a breeze.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

OK. No matter how you rationalize it, you're never going to convince me that platinum percentage is a good way to judge difficulty. It's not. If you want to think it is then props to you... But it's not.

not trying to convince anyone. just saying as with many others in this thread the game is ridiculously easy to 100%. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

not trying to convince anyone. just saying as with many others in this thread the game is ridiculously easy to 100%. 

And I'm just saying that the completion percentage isn't an accurate way to judge it's difficulty. There's Telltale games with a lower percentage. I meant, in comparison to other games with similar completion, it was harder than the mean average of the percentage. Sorry I didn't spell that out a little better for those who don't seem to understand it lol.

Now tell me it's easier than a Telltale game. Keep this ridiculous argument going lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

5 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

And I'm just saying that the completion percentage isn't an accurate way to judge it's difficulty. There's Telltale games with a lower percentage. I meant, in comparison to other games with similar completion, it was harder than the mean average of the percentage. Sorry I didn't spell that out a little better for those who don't seem to understand it lol.

Now tell me it's easier than a Telltale game. Keep this ridiculous argument going lol.

easier than a telltale game. no. 

Spiderman can keep your attention lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

He did not say it's hard. But I wouldn't call that "easy" Platinum, either. Final Valkyrie can be quite challenging for average gamer. You have to lookup YouTube or some other guide for Ravens (and possibly other collectibles), which was extremely annoying for me. I prefer AC Black Flag/Origins type of collectibles when the game gives you some sort of hint, but you still have to find it by yourself. The post game grind also takes some time (especially collectibles) because of the semi open-world (corridor) game design, etc.

For example I have Killzone Shadow Fall Platinum (currently sitting at 1.83% rarity). I could also call it "easy", but give it a go and try get it. The point is - the game itself does not have to be challening to be considered "hard" to plat for some people.

I got your point, also my bad, calling something not easy isn't calling it hard. I think GOW has more of an exhausting and boring plat rather than difficult, mostly because of these silly collectibles you mentioned (I'd say it's easiest one of all GOW games) 

Too bad the franchise lost its "personality" of an undisputed king of TPP slashers to become yet another one game with open world and pretty much nothing to do around it, but I'm going out of the subject here... 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

On 10/1/2018 at 2:44 PM, Armored Squirrel said:

Hell, even Knack 2 is an easy game.

Compared to the first game, definitely. I still wouldn't call it a cakewalk but if you suffered through the first one you'll breeze through that (couple of the time trials are harder than any of the ones in the first one, though). Don't know why you expect people to be surprised by that considering the stark difference in rarity between the two. 

On 01/10/2018 at 10:39 AM, ryan32289 said:

So I can see the rarity up to this point is now up to 42% which is uncommon among trophy hunters on this website which is said to be a pretty easy plat correct? I also see that it is bound to go up to 50% if not more in the coming weeks ahead. If so, then I may think about getting this game. Should I obtain this game since it can be a very "simple" plat?

I wouldn't call it easy comparatively to the other games around these days, the challenge tokens are actually fairly difficult. 

You can play on easy, and even skip puzzles with in-game settings and auto complete quick time events, none of this prohibits trophies. 

I tried to go for the record in fastest plat time but fell asleep during the long and tedious collectable run. 

Good game, waaaaaay to many collectables and not much variety. 

Spiderman is a super fun game that is worth playing whether you want the platinum or not.  It's one of those games that you sort of naturally get the platinum as long as you try to 100% everything.  Other trophies not tied to the 100% may just happen via normal gameplay or discovery, which is really fun since this version of Manhattan is an amazing playground to explore.

On 2018-09-30 at 5:46 PM, KingGuy420 said:

You can't really judge difficulty on %. God of War is sitting at 33% and I wouldn't call that an "easy" plat.

Eh, I would. While some Valkyries are hard, especially you know who, ability spam solves that problem. You can plat on story mode. Doesn’t make the Valkyries a walk in the park, but makes it easy to win via spam.

On 2018-10-01 at 3:40 AM, KingGuy420 said:

The game is easy. It doesn’t matter how often someone sticks through a TT game. You can plat Spidey on easy. It doesn’t require you to gold every challenge. It’s totally easy, like GoW and Horizon. 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 3:32 AM, BloodyRutz said:

Overstatement. I can also name a few with not so easy Plats - Monster Hunter World (grind), Divinity 2 (challenging game), Destiny 2 (Prestige Raid). There's something for everybody. Also it's not like these two things are even related - these games are big hit simply because of them being really good (haven't played FF XV yet).

Also why exactly is that a problem? I've enjoyed getting Platinum in MWH for 300+ hours. Trophy list in MHW goes hand-in-hand with the game design and the way it's meant to be played. But I don't want to play single-player story-driven games like Spider-Man or GoW for 200 hours just for the sake of it being intentionally hard.

Let it for developers to decide. You can boost your ego in some other game or whatever is the reason you want every Platinum to be "unachievable".

Don't get me wrong, I like hunting trophies for all the games - easy or hard. But I don't like the mindset, which a lot of people on this site seems to have, that getting virtual trophy in the game is some kind of life achievement, which is just the percentage of best gamers "worthy" to get and all other games with so called easy trophies are shit.

Not that I'm saying ALL trophies should be easy to get - they should be eirther completion related (for ex. Spider-Man) or challening (for ex. MK X) imho.

I consider Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus to be a hard platinum simply because of Mein Leben. It's a AAA game that was published by Bethesda and developed by MachineGames.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:39 AM, maniek515 said:

I got your point, also my bad, calling something not easy isn't calling it hard. I think GOW has more of an exhausting and boring plat rather than difficult, mostly because of these silly collectibles you mentioned (I'd say it's easiest one of all GOW games) 

Too bad the franchise lost its "personality" of an undisputed king of TPP slashers to become yet another one game with open world and pretty much nothing to do around it, but I'm going out of the subject here... 

Cheers! 

Kratos went from the ideal badass who slayed Greek gods to a washed up has been who is overprotective about his son. Would be a fantastic game, but the 'God of War' title spoiled it for me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 2:46 AM, KingGuy420 said:

You can't really judge difficulty on %. God of War is sitting at 33% and I wouldn't call that an "easy" plat.

Not pretty sure of that... Consider that there was not a trophy for the difficulty in gow... A lot of people did it on very easy mode, for sure. I think santa monica could reward better this point. I think spiderman is an easy game, ultimate mode too. Stats tell clear : )  But well done and funny.

• 3 months later...

To add to all this, I have my trophy cabinet on my profile filled with my favourite plats, because they are games I love. I'm not ashamed to showcase them there in fear of someone telling me they aren't worth showcasing because they are easy games. They are my favourites that I have platinumed regardless of their difficulty and time requirements, such as God of War, Nier Automata, Bioshock, Doom etc.

Wanting every game to have a hard trophy list is unnecessary and not reflective of the specific game or audience, sometimes it's nice to just sit down with something that doesn't need a guide to regularly check back on, and a story and world that shows you everything it has to offer and shows you the finish line to the plat. Sprinkling in Spidermans and God of Wars amongst harder AAA games is much better than having all hard or all easy.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Rarity can show if a game is difficult but also if its extremely popular. 

Even with a website such as this which is dedicated to gamers who love trophies, we're in the minority when compared to the rest of the gaming audience out there. So games like God of war, Spider-Man, Uncharted. These are not only gamers which sell consoles, but are also awesome to play and hard to put down. If you knew a game sold something like 6 million units but has a platinum rarity of something like 1-3%, then you know that its pretty much a hard as nails game.  

23 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Rarity can show if a game is difficult but also if its extremely popular.

+ can show simplicity of trophy list.

23 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

So games like God of war, Spider-Man, Uncharted. These are not only gamers which sell consoles, but are also awesome to play and hard to put down.

Imagine being a casual player and going blind into these games without seeing a trophy list and see how many % you got in these games, because that's how people who doesn't care about trophies function. When you get 100% in Spider-Man in-game, there's a big chance you only miss "With Great Power..." trophy (for visiting Ben Parker grave). The other two games has lot of trophies about which casual player wouldn't care, like killing all ravens in GOW or killing X amount of people with particular gun in Uncharted.

In my opinion, "Hard to put down" means "trophy for finishing a game will be common", not "platinum will be common". Bloodborne is game that's difficult and simple trophy list make platinum pretty common for such a game. In Super Meat Boy, you have ultra rare "Wood Boy" trophy which any player could achieve after 2-3 hours, but it's a specific action to do (beating a chapter without dying) and very little people would get it without knowing such a trophy exist.

Edited by sashamence

• 3 weeks later...

Completing the game on Ultra Hard difficulty is at 25.84%. It is a relatively simple game to get into so I imagine it'd still be in the 30-40% range, but the game isn't so over-whelmingly easy I doubt you'll make it through without dying at least a few times. It is still a good bit easier than GOW or HZD IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...