Real-name Requests

bigrake1

Uhh, my name is David...and I'm an addict. At first it was just one, y'know? It was exciting, fun and a lot of other people were doing it too. It made me feel good about myself, then it started to be all I thought about. Soon i started using whatever i could get my hands on, no matter if it was the premium regular stuff or cheap and uncheerful stuff to fuel the habit. Then it was less fun, I was losing sleep and gaining agitation, it was then I realised, it was just Hannah Montana and Ice Age 3, it didn't matter at all. I've since changed my ways and my account since then and so far I'm 6 years clean, but if even one person can learn a lesson from me then this has all been worth it. Thank you.

P.S I don't mind if people on my friends lit know my name as I don't usually add people I don't know on at least some friendly level or know I will get to know them to that standard. 

I am a rather private person, so if we know each other IRL, then sure, I'll accept it. But with strangers I tend to refuse and send a regular friend request back. I don't mind giving my first name to people I trust, or whom I am on a friendly basis with. However because my surname is quite rare, I've set up a fake one to bamboozle people.

The thought of strangers on the internet being able to know my address or what I do for a living based on my name makes me kind of uncomfortable tbh. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lorajet said:

I've never quite understood why people demand real name requests.  I mean, why is it so important?  The names we use on PSN should be enough, or even on this site. :rolleyes:

I could care less what anyone's real name is.

I think for certain people its just another OCD they have. I used to like my friend list organized/uniformed. I used to not take real name as it messes up the order. Now Im ok with it, mostly for friends I had talk to regularly. Its a conflict to myself. Some just dont like it even though I know where they live, their name, school they go to everything...#shrugs.

I got several real name requests over the last couple of weeks and I hate it. I barely know most of my "friends" on PS4 and I don't understand why they need to know my real name. One of them kept messaging me with "real name request?" over and over again until I deleted him from my friends' list. Not a single one of my IRL friends I sometimes play with have asked for it.

I also don't like when people put their face as their profile pic. This is not facebook.

I don’t have any problems in sharing my real name. I always accept the requests. It’s just my name and I actually feel more comfortable using it than my PSN ID. Hopefully, we will be able to change ID’s soon and I will be able to change mine to something similar to my real name.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well I knew you would notice if I took the rum. I figured I was safe just taking some useless body parts instead :P 

Lol you know my priorities. Although this doesn't explain the missing kidney, it's not a useless body part :shakefist:

On 10/7/2018 at 10:05 PM, bigrake1 said:

I don't see a thread on this issue, but I was wondering how comfortable everyone was with receiving real-name requests on PS4. I received one today from an individual on my friend list who I don't know all that well, and I have mixed feelings about that. Thoughts?

While I don't give out my real name randomly online, I don't think it's that big of a deal in the end.