Playstation Plus for November 2018

Ghost

1 hour ago, IntroPhenom said:

If Sony has half a brain they'll offer a huge blow out sale at some point.  And I mean, HUGE.  Tons of games, big discounts.

I like that idea! Like a full 80-90% off of all digital PS3 games and 70% off of the DLC’s as well. Or just give them a permanent 85% off price drop. A man can dream. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

A big sale on PS3 or Vita games would not impact PS4 sales.  People will buy new games when they're new, and stock up willingly on older titles if the deals are deep enough.

Speaking of Yakuza, what's the deal with the multiplayer aspect?  Just a two player type thing?  Doesn't seem like any of the trophies are related to multiplayer. 

There is no multiplayer.

As long as everyone sues everyone for everything nowadays, can someone get around to suing Sony (and Microsoft) for calling these games free?

They're not free. They're complementary at best, and at worst, they're the entire reason you (like me) paid for a subscription. These games ARE PS+, not some bonus for PS+ users, don't fucking call them free and act like you're being so charitable. It's a service, I'm paying for that service, don't shit on a plate and tell me it's a chocolate cake.

That being said, Bulletstorm is great, but they gave out the original years back on PS+ when it was a lot more relevant, so, eh? Yakuza, probably cool if you like that series, and the rest can choke.

If there was a way to cancel subscriptions and get how ever months you have left back in store credit, I'd have done it almost a year ago now. Damn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JaM said:

oh boy, brace yourself for a treat.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for goromi gif

Nothing for me again for November but I am glad for adding Yakuza Kiwami. (muehehe, that plat will never leave UR now)

You left out the "h" in threat. :P

All jokes aside, pretty good month. I may actually play this month's PS3 games.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Accidental triple post
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

As long as everyone sues everyone for everything nowadays, can someone get around to suing Sony (and Microsoft) for calling these games free?

They're not free. They're complementary at best, and at worst, they're the entire reason you (like me) paid for a subscription. These games ARE PS+, not some bonus for PS+ users, don't fucking call them free and act like you're being so charitable. It's a service, I'm paying for that service, don't shit on a plate and tell me it's a chocolate cake.

That being said, Bulletstorm is great, but they gave out the original years back on PS+ when it was a lot more relevant, so, eh? Yakuza, probably cool if you like that series, and the rest can choke.

If there was a way to cancel subscriptions and get how ever months you have left back in store credit, I'd have done it almost a year ago now. Damn.

There are other perks of PS+, especially now with online multiplayer, so no, PS+ isn't just for getting games. Back in the day, many people got plus because of the superior sales and for online storage. 

I'm also pretty sure free and complementary mean the same thing. When I go to a hotel, they give me free cookies. Playstation give plus members free games. I'm pretty sure they are not obligated to continue to give us free games, just like the hotel doesn't have to give me free cookies. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You should approach a lawyer and start the class action against Sony. Go ahead and use the arguments you listed here, it should provide some humorous litigation!

Seriously though, the membership is only $60. There is no reason to get so worked up on something so inexpensive. 

Love the games, looking forward to Bulletstorm and Yakuza. 

Thanks for the free games Sony!?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Best $2 I ever spent. Anyone thinking of passing on this because of the glitched trophy, should read my KYC reviews. #1 & #2. So worth playing for the sheer ridiculousness of it. :lol:

Was likely going to ignore it, but how can I resist a recommendation from you, let alone one made during a KYC event?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

There are other perks of PS+, especially now with online multiplayer, so no, PS+ isn't just for getting games. Back in the day, many people got plus because of the superior sales and for online storage. 

I'm also pretty sure free and complementary mean the same thing. When I go to a hotel, they give me free cookies. Playstation give plus members free games. I'm pretty sure they are not obligated to continue to give us free games, just like the hotel doesn't have to give me free cookies. 

Doesn't matter. Cloud saves aren't free either. They are included in the overall package, hence, complementary. 

Complementary, adjective - "combining in such a way as to enhance or emphasize the qualities of each other or another."

Free, adverb - "without cost or payment."

They don't mean the same thing. Your cookies are included in the overall cost. If someone is standing outside the hotel and offers you a cookie for no reason other than you met their gaze, that is free. If you had to pay to get access to the cookie, it is no longer free, is it. Simples.

6 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

You should approach a lawyer and start the class action against Sony. Go ahead and use the arguments you listed here, it should provide some humorous litigation!

Seriously though, the membership is only $60. There is no reason to get so worked up on something so inexpensive. 

Love the games, looking forward to Bulletstorm and Yakuza. 

Thanks for the free games Sony!1f601.png

I don't think there's genuine grounds for a suit, but then, I didn't think there was for when they got rid of Other OS and that turned out to happen anyway. 

Doesn't matter. It's 60 bucks, not 0 bucks, hence, it's not free. First off, I'm not worked up, second, I can get as worked up as I want when I'm paying a minimum of 80 retail here per year for the service. 

Enjoy the games. Bulletstorm is great and Yakuza should be pretty good too.

Would you have access to them if you didn't give Sony money? No? Not free. Simple, dude.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

What @Super-Fly Spider-Guy said about complimentary - no, it's not the same as free, it's to make a package deal more appealing. I wouldn't use the cookie analogy either since hotels don't advertise with it, but rather, "free" parking with a hotel. It makes the package more appealing, but the costs for the hotel of having a parking lot are definitely kept in mind when calculating the price of your room.

My main point: I am actually someone who pays for PS+ just for the monthly games. I don't do multiplayer, I've only once made use of my cloud saves (when selling a PS4 to be able to buy a PS4 Pro), and the extra discounts are a nice addition, but not the main appeal for me.

18 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

i think i know why they have to stop giving out ps3/vita titles. they're running out of possible choices :(.

4 out of 6 isn't bad. though wish arkedo wasn't one of em due to the fact that swap carries a 8/10 difficulty to complete.

barely got lucky a few times tackling a 8/10 difficulty RPG with the difficulty being that high because so many things could go wrong not to get a perfect ending.

I don't know if they run out of choices, when there is actually tons of games that they could at least try to bring into the program. I think they simply don't give a shit about ps3 and vita anymore. Sad.