DecSim01

Opinions on "Easy" platinums.

128 posts in this topic

everyone should play what they like to play... dont mind easy plat, got a couple myself but every now and then i need a challange so i plat a game with minimum 5/10 difficulty...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"At the end of the day, the only person who cares about your trophy list is you".

 

That's a piece of advice I saw on another forum about a decade ago and it's as relevant now as it was then. As far as I'm concerned, if you can look over your trophy list and be happy with it then that's all that matters.

 

For myself, I've got a fair number of easy games on my profile that I imagine several people would scoff at. But at the end of the day, I had fun playing pretty much all of them and that's all that matters to me.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am Happy with my 7 Plats and in a Month  or 2 i will start  again 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not against easy plats. Most people have busy lives, so they won't have the time to play through the hardcore titles.

I think it's selfish and inconsiderate to play hundreds of hours for a 9/10 plat while you have a serious girlfriend/wife and probably have kids with 'em.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dropsofjupiter said:

 

Suppose they’d have to give it to ya for free. It’s Disney - no rum. 1f607.png

Lol true enough but luckily my agent set it up so there's always rum in my trailer and it looks like a sponsor deal or some shit. Disney provides because they like the money I bring them.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem with playing easy games as long as they are worth playing. I'm talking about games like Donut County or A Way Out. I will not waste my time and money playing crap just for trophies though. There are just far too many good games I need to get to and I care more about playing those then I do earning trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, thepeaguy said:

I am not against easy plats. Most people have busy lives, so they won't have the time to play through the hardcore titles.

I think it's selfish and inconsiderate to play hundreds of hours for a 9/10 plat while you have a serious girlfriend/wife and probably have kids with 'em.

plats > families 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really mind, I don't buy them, except that I really wanted Resident evil 2 Remake to be my 50th Platinum, and I had 47. so I got "My name is Mayo" and "Jack & Jill" to quickly bring my platinum trophy to 49 so I could enjoy RE2 right away 

It was such a life saver :'P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‚Äé10‚Äé.‚Äé02‚Äé.‚Äé2019 at 3:36 PM, pahiran said:

Whether or not the game has an easy platinum should never be the issue. Its just an issue of whether or not the game is fun because that's what all video games are meant to be. If you straight up bought a game just for trophies than you should think about the days when you bought games before trophies even existed and what made you buy it.

In the Old Days without Trophies I usually played Games not as long as I do now. I finished the Game and went to the next one. Now I usually stay a bit longer, to collect some reachable Trohies in this Game. For me is to find the right Balance the way to have Fun and Success with Videogames and Trophies. 700 Hours to platinum Trove, 1500 hrs in the Multiplayermode in Battlefield 1 and 44 Minutes in Heroes Trials.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at my profile you'll see quite a few lately. 

Personally, the games I play are fun and I get enjoyment out of them.

I am slightly addicted to trophies and I get a lot of enjoyment from gaining them.

I have two mindsets...one to keep my trophy percentage up...two to have fun while getting trophies. 

 

I am slightly ashamed of a few of them though. I will not lie about that. Ultimately it's what I like and I look at it that way, but I do see the point of them being kinda pointless in the grand scheme of things.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy platinums are a platinum padders dream! Telltale all day!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard they're easy.

 

 

 

Like your mom.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zippyhammer said:

I don't really mind, I don't buy them, except that I really wanted Resident evil 2 Remake to be my 50th Platinum, and I had 47. so I got "My name is Mayo" and "Jack & Jill" to quickly bring my platinum trophy to 49 so I could enjoy RE2 right away 

It was such a life saver :'P

That's one of the reasons I played the two games I played, I want The Last of Us to be my 10th Platinum. Those two games put me up to 8.

Edited by DecSim01
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ashamed to admit that I've bought around half of my platinums¬†ūüôĄ

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RockyRoller said:

I'm ashamed to admit that I've bought around half of my platinums 1f644.png

 

why

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sanetsuken said:

 

why

maybe the hardest platinums make him happier

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

maybe the hardest platinums make him happier

 

but why. he didn't earn 'em. There's no point

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First at all, you don't have to worry about people's opinions.

 

I think doing easy plats ONLY for having more and more, is useless. I love to hear that magic sound when i got a new trophy, but not necessary wasting my time in awful games. And here's when you come and say "hey, you are playing videogames. Isn't that a waste of time?" I think there's a big difference when you are playing a fantastic game and having a lot of fun, instead of getting bored rapidly only for a number on your profile. And even the waste of money can be a pain in the ass, just look at those who bough Sound Shapes on all regions only for an easy plat...

 

However, there are some easy platinums that are fun to play, like some telltale games or life is strange.

 

Remember this is still my opinion and you must do what you want no matter what the others think. If you enjoy doing easy plats, then don't worry. It's YOUR profile.

Edited by AN0n1m8
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sanetsuken said:

 

why

I gain more satisfaction from platinums that are challenging to get rather than those that require practically no effort.

 

1 hour ago, Baranov_925 said:

maybe the hardest platinums make him happier

Precisely.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RockyRoller said:

I gain more satisfaction from platinums that are challenging to get rather than those that require practically no effort.

 

Precisely.

 

 

but you buy them

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not every short platinum is crap, point no 1. second i dont understand why some people must hate easy plats so much. everyone should play what they want. blame others as cheaters or no live people is ridiculous.

For me i love it, to get fast trophies, pushing leaderboard and personal points to maximum. But also love the Triple A Games. If it it Red Dead Redemption 2 or for example A Way out. two very good games with total different time requirements.

Edited by Diddi89
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zeit86geist said:

everyone should play what they like to play... dont mind easy plat, got a couple myself but every now and then i need a challange so i plat a game with minimum 5/10 difficulty...

difficulty is so subjective these days... for example i read that dead rising for ps4 was a 7 or 8. i found it quite simple.... tedious... but nothing insane.. 

1 hour ago, AN0n1m8 said:

First at all, you don't have to worry about people's opinions.

 

I think doing easy plats ONLY for having more and more, is useless. I love to hear that magic sound when i got a new trophy, but not necessary wasting my time in awful games. And here's when you come and say "hey, you are playing videogames. Isn't that a waste of time?" I think there's a big difference when you are playing a fantastic game and having a lot of fun, instead of getting bored rapidly only for a number on your profile. And even the waste of money can be a pain in the ass, just look at those who bough Sound Shapes on all regions only for an easy plat...

 

However, there are some easy platinums that are fun to play, like some telltale games or life is strange.

 

Remember this is still my opinion and you must do what you want no matter what the others think. If you enjoy doing easy plats, then don't worry. It's YOUR profile.

any artifex mundi game.... i love that shit

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with easy platinums, unless it's when you're buying VNs and blazing through them as fast as possible and never actually reading them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have played a lot of easy games, including virtually all telltale games and many visual novels/walking simulators. 

I enjoy the process of gaining trophies rapidly and I don't mind stacking games or playing lots of easy/crappy games.

However, I have also played my fair share of relatively challenging and time consuming games as well, so I'm not a complete trophywhore/completionist

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.