Opinions on "Easy" platinums.

DecSim01

I am not against easy plats. Most people have busy lives, so they won't have the time to play through the hardcore titles.

I think it's selfish and inconsiderate to play hundreds of hours for a 9/10 plat while you have a serious girlfriend/wife and probably have kids with 'em.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dropsofjupiter said:

Suppose they’d have to give it to ya for free. It’s Disney - no rum. 1f607.png

Lol true enough but luckily my agent set it up so there's always rum in my trailer and it looks like a sponsor deal or some shit. Disney provides because they like the money I bring them.

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with playing easy games as long as they are worth playing. I'm talking about games like Donut County or A Way Out. I will not waste my time and money playing crap just for trophies though. There are just far too many good games I need to get to and I care more about playing those then I do earning trophies.

23 minutes ago, thepeaguy said:

I am not against easy plats. Most people have busy lives, so they won't have the time to play through the hardcore titles.

I think it's selfish and inconsiderate to play hundreds of hours for a 9/10 plat while you have a serious girlfriend/wife and probably have kids with 'em.

plats > families 

• Like 3

On ‎10‎.‎02‎.‎2019 at 3:36 PM, pahiran said:

Whether or not the game has an easy platinum should never be the issue. Its just an issue of whether or not the game is fun because that's what all video games are meant to be. If you straight up bought a game just for trophies than you should think about the days when you bought games before trophies even existed and what made you buy it.

In the Old Days without Trophies I usually played Games not as long as I do now. I finished the Game and went to the next one. Now I usually stay a bit longer, to collect some reachable Trohies in this Game. For me is to find the right Balance the way to have Fun and Success with Videogames and Trophies. 700 Hours to platinum Trove, 1500 hrs in the Multiplayermode in Battlefield 1 and 44 Minutes in Heroes Trials.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

If you look at my profile you'll see quite a few lately. 

Personally, the games I play are fun and I get enjoyment out of them.

I am slightly addicted to trophies and I get a lot of enjoyment from gaining them.

I have two mindsets...one to keep my trophy percentage up...two to have fun while getting trophies. 

I am slightly ashamed of a few of them though. I will not lie about that. Ultimately it's what I like and I look at it that way, but I do see the point of them being kinda pointless in the grand scheme of things.

1 hour ago, Zippyhammer said:

I don't really mind, I don't buy them, except that I really wanted Resident evil 2 Remake to be my 50th Platinum, and I had 47. so I got "My name is Mayo" and "Jack & Jill" to quickly bring my platinum trophy to 49 so I could enjoy RE2 right away 

It was such a life saver :'P

That's one of the reasons I played the two games I played, I want The Last of Us to be my 10th Platinum. Those two games put me up to 8.

Edited by DecSim01

First at all, you don't have to worry about people's opinions.

I think doing easy plats ONLY for having more and more, is useless. I love to hear that magic sound when i got a new trophy, but not necessary wasting my time in awful games. And here's when you come and say "hey, you are playing videogames. Isn't that a waste of time?" I think there's a big difference when you are playing a fantastic game and having a lot of fun, instead of getting bored rapidly only for a number on your profile. And even the waste of money can be a pain in the ass, just look at those who bough Sound Shapes on all regions only for an easy plat...

However, there are some easy platinums that are fun to play, like some telltale games or life is strange.

Remember this is still my opinion and you must do what you want no matter what the others think. If you enjoy doing easy plats, then don't worry. It's YOUR profile.

Edited by AN0n1m8
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sanetsuken said:

why

I gain more satisfaction from platinums that are challenging to get rather than those that require practically no effort.

1 hour ago, Baranov_925 said:

maybe the hardest platinums make him happier

Precisely.

not every short platinum is crap, point no 1. second i dont understand why some people must hate easy plats so much. everyone should play what they want. blame others as cheaters or no live people is ridiculous.

For me i love it, to get fast trophies, pushing leaderboard and personal points to maximum. But also love the Triple A Games. If it it Red Dead Redemption 2 or for example A Way out. two very good games with total different time requirements.

Edited by Diddi89
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, zeit86geist said:

everyone should play what they like to play... dont mind easy plat, got a couple myself but every now and then i need a challange so i plat a game with minimum 5/10 difficulty...

difficulty is so subjective these days... for example i read that dead rising for ps4 was a 7 or 8. i found it quite simple.... tedious... but nothing insane.. 

1 hour ago, AN0n1m8 said:

First at all, you don't have to worry about people's opinions.

I think doing easy plats ONLY for having more and more, is useless. I love to hear that magic sound when i got a new trophy, but not necessary wasting my time in awful games. And here's when you come and say "hey, you are playing videogames. Isn't that a waste of time?" I think there's a big difference when you are playing a fantastic game and having a lot of fun, instead of getting bored rapidly only for a number on your profile. And even the waste of money can be a pain in the ass, just look at those who bough Sound Shapes on all regions only for an easy plat...

However, there are some easy platinums that are fun to play, like some telltale games or life is strange.

Remember this is still my opinion and you must do what you want no matter what the others think. If you enjoy doing easy plats, then don't worry. It's YOUR profile.

any artifex mundi game.... i love that shit

I have played a lot of easy games, including virtually all telltale games and many visual novels/walking simulators. 

I enjoy the process of gaining trophies rapidly and I don't mind stacking games or playing lots of easy/crappy games.

However, I have also played my fair share of relatively challenging and time consuming games as well, so I'm not a complete trophywhore/completionist