Opinions on "Easy" platinums.

DecSim01

I think maybe some of these games wouldn't be so bad, trophy-wise, if you had to actually finish the game to earn them all. It's more the trophy requirements at fault than it is the game being "bad" in some instances.

Except for Little Adventure on the Prairie... there's nothing excusable at all about that mess. 

Edited by Sofa King
grammer
  • Like 2

Overall i play the games i enjoy, wether they're easy or not has no big bearing.

What I do care about is if someone gives me shit over "only" having x amount of plats (which is retarded enough to give me shit about, but i digress), yet their own profile has 80 stacks of mr massagy and little house on the praerie. Suffice it to say I'm not exactly gonna take difficulty advice from some dipstick who barely managed to figure out how stacks works in the simplest of games.

Nor will i indulge a game design philosophy discussion from someone who's track record is bottom of the barrel in the chase for trophies.

• Like 2

Do whatever makes you happy. Why care about what others think? ? But I wouldnt spend too much on them "easy" plats. Ain't rich and got plenty of better games to spend money on ><

As a long time trophy hunter I've wrestled with my opinions on "easy" platinum's and I finally have reconciled with myself that ultimately you should do whatever gives you the most enjoyment and fulfillment, because that's what games are there for.

I personally like to maintain a running blog of each Platinum I get and the story behind me achieving it, so if I were to decide to start getting "easy" platinum's, I feel as though that would compromise the quality of my blog. That is my personal reasoning for not being interested in those types of Platinum.

But I understand people's desire to see numbers go up, and all power to you. Hell, I play Runescape.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Do whatever makes you happy. Why care about what others think? 1f605.png But I wouldnt spend too much on them "easy" plats. Ain't rich and got plenty of better games to spend money on ><

I totally agree with you! However I as well am not "rolling in dough"... When some of the EZPZ's cost only 2 or 3 bucks each, I have a hard time saying no! Again, as long as we're having fun and enjoying ourselves, that's all that matters!

Getting trophies is fun. Seeing them pop in rapid succession is fun, so i understand why people play these ezpz games. I have played my name is mayo, mr massagy and some visual novels i just skipped through for the trophies but some people, a minority, really overdo it. When the last 20 or so games are all ezpz trash games, i just start to wonder if the player still enjoys gaming or just enjoys seeing his leaderboard rank rise.

Trophy hunters often mock steam achievements for having games where thousands of achievements pop instantly. But playing slyde or 4 stacks of whatever trash game that honestly nobody enjoys playing, especially not 4 times, is just the same with extra steps.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I don't play them and I don't care what people think about my trophies. I play for myself. Your opinion, good or bad, won't change my gaming routine. I think likewise about other people's profiles and I rarely ever check them, unless it comes up as a subject of an incomplete game and I look up that specific game to find out what there is left.

I guess people are just too used to doing things for the looks, fame and glory, that they forget there is more to it than a number, a ranking and a position. It's all about the enjoyment for me. The destination is irrelevant if the journey was horrible, as much as the platinum is meaningless if the experience was trash.

Number of platinums is just a number. Completion percentage is just a number. Unearned trophies is just a number. If there were no ranking websites, no places like PSNP, PSNTL, TT, Exophase, would people still play all the games they do?

I know I would.

Preach. I feel the same 100% on fonem

i have 500-600 games (at least 100 that i never even played yet) so with that being said, theres going to be some easy ones in the list. i got trashed once by everyone on here for having that mayo game as a platinum even though i have tons of hard platinums. really once you hit about 50 plats its kind of like there will never be enough and people will always have more so whats it matter. if the game is cheap and fast i say go for it. i just put over 400 hours into read dead. had 350 hours in skyrim, and alot of the big games take me a average of 100 hours to complete. so if i wanna throw in a cheap 5 minute platinum i think ive earned that right to do so. now on the other hand, the people who have like 5 country accounts and do it with the same game 5 times are a bit petty lol. but whatever. whatever makes them happy. i think every trophy hunter is a bit different. some want that full 100% list, some want just the platinum and skip dlcs, some want as many plats as possible, some play as many games as possible etc etc

At the end of the day a plat is just a plat. Everyone values their platinum differently, some people like to challenge themselves and go for plats that are hard. While others don't care and just like seeing a big number. As long as the person getting those ez plats is having fun I see no issue. But I do think it's pretty sad (i don't know if this is the right word??) when I see someone have 300+ plats and they are all ez games. (Dying Reborn etc)

But honestly props to those people because that's some next level dedication, I get burnt out every now and then while they keep going.

Edited by ihate_ray

I'll play an easy game if it's one I think I will enjoy. No point in playing rubbish games when I can spend that time and money on games that make me happy as well as having a large backlog so there's really no point IMO. Over the years I have gotten increasingly invested in more challenging games/ones with rarer trophies due to a having a greater sense of reward with the process of working and becoming good at a game often being more stimulating but I do enjoy a good and simple easy plat such as life is strange or murdered soul suspect for a change of pace every so often and allow myself to just be purely invested in the story and world. I think a balance is healthy and keeps things interesting.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sofa King said:

I think maybe some of these games wouldn't be so bad, trophy-wise, if you had to actually finish the game to earn them all. It's more the trophy requirements at fault than it is the game being "bad" in some instances.

Except for Little Adventure on the Prairie... there's nothing excusable at all about that mess. 

I've basically said this myself. I wonder what the percentage for that Jack n' Jill game would be if you had to actually complete the whole game for the platinum. 

Whether or not the game has an easy platinum should never be the issue. Its just an issue of whether or not the game is fun because that's what all video games are meant to be. If you straight up bought a game just for trophies than you should think about the days when you bought games before trophies even existed and what made you buy it.

Edited by pahiran

1 hour ago, pahiran said:

Whether or not the game has an easy platinum should never be the issue. Its just an issue of whether or not the game is fun because that's what all video games are meant to be. If you straight up bought a game just for trophies than you should think about the days when you bought games before trophies even existed and what made you buy it.

I've thought about it. Times have changed. Trophies have been added and I occasionally take them into consideration to the point that trophies sometimes are part of my mercurial buying decisions.

It's all about what I feel like doing at any given time. 

All platinums are easy if you have few or no obligations.

Play what you enjoy; your trophies and achievements are a reflection of your time and tastes. And when you want to compare others’ profiles, remember that their ranking means the same as yours, regardless of where either of you fall: absolutely nothing.

Edited by crauuecrauue

As many people in this thread have already stated, your money and time are your own and nobody should be judged based on any made-up definition of what makes an easy or hard platinum. Antagonizing people who play games for easy platinums just because you yourself decided to limit yourself from doing so can’t be the right way no matter your stance on the situation.

That being said, i think it’s quite hard to deny that the value (for lack of a better term) of a platinum has gone down quite a bit. In the PS3 days, Hannah Montana was somewhat infamous for being an easy platinum but compared to its PS4 equivalent, which i’d argue to be My Name Is Mayo, it could almost be considered grindy. Of course all platinums were never created equal and i by no means want to imply that they should be. But i still don’t think this was a positive change.

• Like 1

People can do what they want, but i find people who do easy plats for the sake of them being easy absolutely pathetic. Now, some easy games are okay. Like telltale games etc cuz they have substance. I have Tetra Escape, but i played it without guide and i liked the little puzzler. But people who plays those 1-20min plat or JAP novels need to retire themselves from trophy hunting asap. Imo you hunt trophies for two reasons: Either as an accomplishment(kinda like winning a trophy irl sports) by beating decent games, wether is a well rounded trophy list from a triple A title, or some hard as nails indies. Or they play enjoyable games who happens to have an easy trophy list(Ratchet and clank, Spyro, Crash etc.).

But you guys who spam and stack JAP novels, Slyde, Masagy, Mayo, Little praire etc..you guys are hardcore pathetic.

Bring the downvotes.

• Like 2

I admit it: I play some easy games but not for the plat.  Right now I'm trying to play Hollow Knight and getting my ass handed to me.  Jumping into an easy game to just have fun is a stress release  before I go back in and get really frustrated.  As others have said, just playing for the enjoyment works for me.

I say one or two of them here and there are ok. But when you start doing cross region and platting the same game 4+ times. Yeah no. I refuse to have anything cross region on my list. That's just ridiculous to me, buy the same game 3+ times just for a few plats. If it's cross buy, sure I'll do that, but not buying the same game multiple times just for easy trophies.

Once I hit 300 I'm not touching any of those quick plats ever again, unless if it's something I'm actually interested in like the I am the hero game, that one is probably the most enjoyable quick plat. I've been trying not to do them but sometimes its really hard to resist.

• Like 1