Game you've avoided because it was too difficult to Plat? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

I don't really give up on games that I've already started unless they become unobtainable. More often than not I embrace difficult platinums, especially if it's something that I actually like and vibe with. However, there are the crazy exceptions like Furi, Super Meat Boy, and Injustice that I know I probably won't be doing anytime soon. ?

Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus

Mein Leben, don't have motivation to start game over again dying most the way though. 

1 hour ago, Crazy said:

I don't really give up on games that I've already started unless they become unobtainable. More often than not I embrace difficult platinums, especially if it's something that I actually like and vibe with. However, there are the crazy exceptions like Furi, Super Meat Boy, and Injustice that I know I probably won't be doing anytime soon. 1f605.png

Super Meat Boy frustrated me so much, but I got it ? so totally worth almost deciding to throw the playstation out the window

3 hours ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Not really difficulty but heard it would take a shitload of time (Nioh).  

Would of not played Wolfenstein 2 but preordered months in advanced digitally and got the news late about stupid Mein Leben trophy.  Trophy aside, it's legit the worst game I've ever played, so it would not have been a lost there.

Think that's all 1f914.png

Wolfenstein 2 is bad?! ?

Games that are difficult for the sake of being difficult  I outright avoid because they're made for people with too much time on their hands which is something I don't have. Things like high standard difficulties don't scare me away however and I usually prefer to play on those anyway since it helps me improve my ability with the game.

1 hour ago, Livingstone7728 said:

Wolfenstein 2 is bad?! ?

Yup.  The game is absolutely abysmal.  How they went from making near masterpieces with TNO and TOB to this is beyond me.  Hope to God that Youngblood and Wolf3 are more like the first or even the original games.

No preorder from me this time tho. ?

4 minutes ago, Johnniner7 said:

RE 2 remake is actually fun plat and not hard at all go and get it bro 

I would but I'm not into horror games.  This one I rather watch on twitch, YouTube, etc.

Fear the man with the hat! ?

40 minutes ago, majob said:

Games that are difficult for the sake of being difficult  I outright avoid because they're made for people with too much time on their hands which is something I don't have. Things like high standard difficulties don't scare me away however and I usually prefer to play on those anyway since it helps me improve my ability with the game.

Same here.  Wolf2 vs Metro games and it's difficulty settings are a perfect example.  The first one is peak garbagery and the other has careful thought and reason behind it.

I downloaded FFIX when it was on sale quite a while ago, but I haven't booted up the game. The 'Skip to My Lou' trophy looks intimidating and requires you to jump rope 100 times in a difficult mini game. The 'Bloodlust' trophy also looks daunting, requiring you to kill 10,000 enemies. It doesn't help that I 100%'d the game on PS3 when the game didn't have trophy support and I'd basically have to do it over again on PS4 

A game i played on another account is Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (PS4). Wanted to see how the campaign is but didn't want to go for anything more...

What i gave up: Need for Speed Prestige League. Couldn't get any bronze in a drift event even after 10 hours repeating one of them.

In general sooken i avoid difficult games (like many others Wolfenstein 2) or online heavy games (a friend gave me Rainbow Six Siege as a gift but i didn't play more than ~ 5 hours and also on another account)

What game(s) have you avoided/given up on because the plat was too difficult? 

Simply All kinds of those games that are require you hard  online grinding and challenge especially the multiplayer  pvp ones like reach rank 50 or max level and getting the high score kills in one match (mvp) really this one the most annoying one 

Oops I forget to mention also to complete a ranked or public match only 

Edited by DEYBAJ

I would never avoid a game because of trophies but I will write off getting the platinum if there is a no die run on the hardest difficulty without saves. I would probably try the trophy every so often but I really cant ever see me managing to get this type of trophy.

I'm not really concerned about my completion % as my step son plays games on my account so there are certain games on my trophy list (Overwatch & Fortnite) which will never have a high completion % as he doesn't trophy hunt so my average is pretty much ruined from the get go.

One thing I do though is let trophy difficulty/length affect the order I play my back log. I have had Persona 5 for months and I have started other games ahead of it despite being told every week on The Plast Cast what an incredible game it is.

Once I am done with Yakuza Kiwami I keep saying I will start it (Maybe after some quick plats of PS+ indie games first).

I will get the Persona 5 plat in 2019! There I have said it so now I have to do it.

9 hours ago, blake__306 said:

I downloaded FFIX when it was on sale quite a while ago, but I haven't booted up the game. The 'Skip to My Lou' trophy looks intimidating and requires you to jump rope 100 times in a difficult mini game. The 'Bloodlust' trophy also looks daunting, requiring you to kill 10,000 enemies. It doesn't help that I 100%'d the game on PS3 when the game didn't have trophy support and I'd basically have to do it over again on PS4 

Hail to the King trophy requires you to do 1000 jumps.. ?

One of the reasons, I'll be playing this one on the Switch.

• Like 1

The Last of Us Remastered. The platinum includes some multiplayer trophies which are too much of a grind. I have plat-ed some easier games. You can see in my profile but I dislike very grind-y platinums. I love The Last Of Us as a game. Its definitely in my Top 5. I am also planning to play it in Grounded when i get the time but I'm not going for the platinum. 

I avoid games that have ridiculous trophy requirements demanding help from other players, insane multiplayer grinds like Friday the 13th are a good example for that, did not even take this one for free. I also avoid any game that can't be completed anymore because I do not want that to be the reason for having incomplete games. Difficulty alone is not really a reason for me to avoid games, hell I installed and completed most of Super Meat Boy until the ironman runs forced me to put it on hold. I got a multiple hundred hour grind plat done yesterday as well, so my profile is proof that there aren't many games I shy away from. So far I haven't given up on any games for good, even Super Meat Boy will get some attention this year. Maybe I will avoid Outlast 2 because I read that the game is plagued by bugs to make the already annoying multiple hour ironman run even trickier to complete, but I can't say that for sure at this point.

There are plenty of games I avoid, but mainly because of the time the platinum would take, or because of online modes/trophies where you need other people or have to grind endlessly.

This goes for example for the late GTA Titles, Red Dead Redeption 2, all Multiplayeronly games, most RPG games, and many more.
I wait for the guide to be online before starting a game, with nearly no exeption.

If I do REALLY wanna play one of those games I know I won't platinum, what happens maybe once a year, I use a dummy account.

I can't say I would ever avoid a game because it has hard trophies. Being a middle aged adult now though I tend to avoid games that are really long, or most specifically games with heavy amounts of online or seemingly infinite amounts of DLC, oh and I've always avoided games that are online only!

Sadly I liked the look the look of Friday the 13th and Dead By Daylight but those games are online, super grindy and seemingly infinite amount of DLC.
Never going to get those, even if they are free. Middle aged = Free time is scarce!

• Like 2