Game you've avoided because it was too difficult to Plat? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

I don't mind if I can't get the platinum...

... but I tend to delete games after 1-2 hours that have a weirdly difficult first trophy. The forever F ranks. There's some games that I couldn't even get one trophy, and I won't bother coming back to them. Possibly because they weren't enjoyable, possibly because it's safer just to hide a 0% before it gets stuck on 5% forever... I don't know. Most notoriously:

• Futuridium EP Deluxe
  • La-Mulana Ex
  • Ninja Senki DX
  • Uncanny Valley (not hard, but the first missable drove me crazy, and then I just never bothered)
  • etc

10 hours ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

But..But..Hardcore mode though

It's ridiculously unchallenging if you know where to go, when Mr X spawns, and get the infinite Samurai Edge with a REAAAALLY doable speedrun.

Edited by fbdbh

As a 100% completionist I don’t really avoid difficult games but with so many games I still want to play and limited time,  I always postponed playing them in favor of something easier. Also in the back of my mind I was ‘afraid’ I couldn’t maintain my 100% profile. But in the beginning of this year I thought screw it and started a few games I’ve been wanting to do for a while now. Wolfenstein 2, SMB, Sine Mora and Trials Fusion. Playing Trials Fusion at the moment and the game is kicking my ass but I’m loving it.

• Like 1

I usually don't avoid games just because there are difficult trophies. I played the Dark Souls Games and Bloodborne (this one ist platted) and got many trophies in those games. I just got annoyed by the grind you had to do to get some materials but other than that I got almost every other trophy. Maybe I'll get back to those games someday.

But there are still some games I can't and won't try to finish. First example would be Super Meat Boy. I like that game but I won't try to finish every level with just one life. Another example is Stardew Valley. I enjoyed it but there are two trophies related to a stupid and really hard mini game - one of those trophies requires you to finish that minigame without losing a life. Or Destiny in which you had to finish a raid without anyone in your team dying. Usually I don't bother with a platinum when there's a trophy that requires you not to die. Those trophies can be fun sometimes but in most cases I just give up.

18 hours ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Not really difficulty but heard it would take a shitload of time (Nioh).  

Would of not played Wolfenstein 2 but preordered months in advanced digitally and got the news late about stupid Mein Leben trophy.  Trophy aside, it's legit the worst game I've ever played, so it would not have been a lost there.

Think that's all 1f914.png

Worst game you've ever played? A bit much don't you think? Yeah it has it's issue's and Mein Leben is definitely a slap in the face for your average trophy hunter but it's nowhere near a bad game. 

Your standards must be stupidly high.

• Like 1

None.

I'm not particularly intersted in some types of games, like sport games, fighting games or FPS, thus I won't spend my money and time on those. But other than that, if I'm intersted in a game I will play it. And I will - try to - complete it. I like challenging games as long as they are fun, why shy away from what could be a great time? 

I have Necrodancer downloaded on my system waiting to be started. Maybe that will be the first game I can't finish, or maybe it will just take a long time, but I certainly won't avoid it only because of its difficulty.  

Edited by Arcesus7

20 hours ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

Resident Evil 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite so far ugh

Resi 2 honestly isn't that bad. I personally think the 6/10 label on the two roadmaps I've seen is too much, it's closer to a 5 or even 4. The jump from Assisted to Standard, IMO, was actually more intense than Standard to Hardcore. 

3 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Worst game you've ever played? A bit much don't you think? Yeah it has it's issue's and Mein Leben is definitely a slap in the face for your average trophy hunter but it's nowhere near a bad game. 

Your standards must be stupidly high.

As I said (just to be clear)  I'm not factoring the trophy into my thought about the game.

And yes, it is without a doubt the worst game I've ever played.  If you look at my profile, you'll see that I don't play many crap games (of course that's more of a personal taste thing) and yes, I do have very high standards when I'm paying a premium + MachineGames made two kickass games before and somehow managed to release this crap.

That's said, I'm willing to give YB and Wolf3 a chance.... but no preorders this time. ?

8 hours ago, Floriiss said:

None and neither should you. The challenge is to be confronted, not to be avoided.

As I got older, I found that it's better to take on challenges I would find enjoyable than to take on everything I don't want to bother with just for the sake of it. 

• Like 3

Both Wolfenstein games since Mein Leben is everybody's faaavorite trophy, but I got around to playing them and I loved them both. I'll get Mein Leben eventualloy but it's going to take a lot of time and I'm going to want to have to focus solely on studying it for weeks before I can feel comfortable about doing that run

Street Fighter V platinum is way out of my league, so i gave up on this one. I still play it from time to time but all the Fight Money mess and all that money grabbing strategy from Capcom is killing my motivation on the game, besides, i'm a noob, i can't even reach the gold league, so...

If we are talking of a game that i completely avoided due to it's difficulty...let me think, probably Wolfenstein 2 because of that infamous mein leben trophy and Final Fantasy IX because of that stupid rope trophy that gave me so much headache a long time ago.

Now i'm avoiding the Crash Bandicoot Insane Trilogy and Uncharted 4. But that's only because of my lazyness, i know i will be playing those games sooner or later when i get in the right mood ?

Oh, and i know i will be struggling with Catherine Full Body, but i will try to plat. it with all my heart, i love that game!.

I almost forgot!, i avoid almost every muliplayer fps/battle royale BS out there (eeewww i hate those games), with the only exception of the masterpiece called Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare, that ip is so much fun! :yay:

Edited by fabiansc83

1 hour ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

I know this is off topic, but what's wrong with Wolfenstein 2? Can you please be more specific. For me there's no big difference between TNO and TNC. In my opinion TOB is the weakest part, but far away from a bad game.

Gameplay and story (the bread and butter) of this franchise was horrendous, specially the shooting.  These games got so many cool characters and they were all mostly under and or misused.  No chapter select, no extras (999 mode), no NG+, etc.... like why are these features that were on previous games not here!?

The difficulty is crazy even on normal, you can't tell where bullets are from, lag, GLITCHES, etc.  A game like this should not have Mein Leben tied to a trophy.  I lost 2-3 of my good runs because it crashed mid+ way through and at that point I just gave up.  They should of at least divided the game into episodes like they did on the DLC and I can assure you this trophy wouldn't be much of an issue.  Lost power? Got killed due to bullshit? Bethesda mode got activated? No problem, just restart the level and try again.

This game feels like it was made by AMATEURS.

Oh and the season pass.... CASH GRAB!  Plain and simple.

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--

1.- Mirror Edge: I got infuriated by the control layout. I feeled it unresponsive and difficult so i uninstalled the game.

2.- Dishonored: Got discouraged after i checked the trophy list. One list that includes a trophy for completing the game killing nobody, another one for completing the game only purchasing one particular upgrade, a 3rd one for clearing the game only killing vital targets, a 4th one for clearing it on "Low Chaos" and a 5th one for doing it on "High Caos". Too much playthroughs, too much stealth for my mind. The worst: I am not a stealth gamer, i prefer non stopping action type "You alone against the world/a race/ an entire army".

Edited by Vampirehunter145

Does anyone in this thread actually play games for the enjoyment ? Doesn't really seem like it... Wolfenstein II was a really fun game.. despite having that insane trophy... I don't think I've ever said I'm gonna not play this because of the trophies.... I don't think I'm any less of a gamer if I have B's and C's on my profile

17 hours ago, fbdbh said:
  • Futuridium EP Deluxe

I am loving Futuridium EP Deluxe. It is such a great game with awesome visuals and amazing soundtrack. Some of the trophies can be a pain but I enjoy the game enough that it has not bothered me yet.

Maybe give it another shot

Edited by ijacob9876

I actually used to avoid games that had hard trophies/platinums because of my ocd completionist nature. However, I came to the realisation that I would only be doing myself a disservice by missing out on great games because of a few petty digital achievements. I'm glad I made this choice as I could finally experience great titles such as Uncharted 4, Dead space 2, Metal gear solid 4 and Wolfenstein 2. In the process, I even managed to achieve the hardest trophies like completing the mein leben mode in wolf 2 which was quite a satisfying moment for me considering that I'm pretty bad at fps shooter games. Doing this really gives you a whole new perspective on the trophy hunting experience. Trophies I once thought were impossibilities for my skillset were achieved and in doing so, makes you really feel like there's no plat that's out of your reach so long as you're willing to have a go and set your mind to achieving it. Plus you get to flex your trophy collection and bask in the fact that you are one of the few gamers that have managed to reach the top ?   

• Like 4

I avoid a lot of old sports games that have shut down servers or have insanely grindy trophies. The NBA 2K franchise instantly comes to mind, there's a good reason why a lot of trophy hunters only go for The Prelude titles.

Both the Madden and MLB the Show franchises have seem to have gotten a lot more lenient in their trophy lists these past couple years. But those games were designed for casual sports fans, who couldn't care less how easy or hard the trophy list is.

I don't mind a challenge every now and then, but if that challenge gets to the point where I'm not having fun at all with the game, then it's not worth it in my opinion.

Marvel's Spider Man is a good example of a game that has a fairly easy trophy list, but I can see why that is boring for some.

There have been plenty of games where I stopped playing for a while because I got too frustrated or decided to do something else. Super Meat Boy I will come back to at some point, same with Batman: Arkham City. Both had tested my patience.

Then again, games like Friday the 13th and Destiny 2 I have absolutely no interest towards, and those multiplayer grinds are not something I enjoy all that much anyway.