The Pursuit of 100% Completion Profile

I can't get that 100% now, as a I didn't play my ps3 much so started a bunch of stuff I can't finish now, however I would never go for 100% I did that when I was big into Gamerscore for the xbox 360 and I suffered through some games that just don't needed to be grinded for a couple extra hundred hours just to keep that 100% alive.

So for the games I love I'll for sure go for that 100% and for most things I at least try to finish the game to get into that 40 to 50% at least.

Currently trying to bring up my % currently as a have so much started and unfinished stuff since I've never been huge in chasing trophies before but it makes me look into my backlog at stuff I never even had the chance to play through.

all in all I just don't want to avoid a really kick ass game just because the trophies are hard and I can't grind out the trophies for it, so I just play everything to enjoy it as much as I can.

Never had the aspiration to have a 100% profile because it's always seemed like a chore and I just wanna have fun. Even if I changed my mind got too many unobtainable plats on my profile to get it and stuff starting over after 9+ years.

• 5 months later...

This post is just what i needed.

I was thinking that my profile is very messy, cause i started games that are imposible to plat, some games that im not skillfull enough to plat, some that got bored in the process or even some i ended not liking even i thought i will.

But when i check a profile with so many plats, the 100% and everything i realise i dont feel any envy. Maybe cause ( i hope is not the case but) i feel like this kind of person avoids hard games and i dont want to miss the fun of a challenge for something so vain, or maybe cause the 100% completition by itself is meaningless.

So thanks to this post i have realised that i dont need this.

Sorry if i made some mistakes or im hard to understand, im not a native English speaker.

• Like 4

I’m currently trying to clean up my old games as well. Of course there are plenty of unobtainable trophies at this point, but i still want to get at least the obtainable ones. Seeing how some of these games didn’t sell well and because of that became rare and a bit expensive, it will take some time

Can't reach 100%, won't reach 100%. PES2015 prevents me from doing so. Doubt I would ever reach 100% even though that platinum would be obtainable.

However, this makes all this stuff more interesting. Let's see which is the biggest percentage I can reach within fun reasons. Also cleaning up old stuff feels more interesting now(with the exception of some select titles). It's akin to completing a collection with the missing elements, or observing your evolution as a gamer. You know...adding more spice to a hobby.

• Like 2

I don't, and will never, have 100% completion on my profile, and it really doesn't bother me.  Most of this is due to fighting games that I just don't have the skill to complete - Dead Or Alive 5, Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, etc.  Some of it is due to games with ridiculous DLC, like Uncharted 2 and 3, and some of it is games that I no longer own or just don't plan to revisit.

I've been able to keep my completion at around 90% for a long time now, and that's more than good enough for me.  Keeping it at 100%, even if it were possible, would just be too much work and stress.

Also, OP, if you are still aiming for that 100%, you should remember that some servers have been known to close with little to no warning, so that 100% can be taken away from you at almost any time, and there will be nothing you can do about it.  This is fine if you don't play many multiplayer games, but if you do, then you should always prioritise online trophies.  That's usually what I do, but there have been occasions where I ignored the MP even when I knew it was on its way out, and it cost me the platinum (looking at you, Bulletstorm).

At the end of the day, go for it if you can, but don't worry too much if something goes wrong.  Our completion percentages just don't matter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Just coming back to this post to share that I am working on my final game in pursuit of 100% completion. Currently knocking out the challenges in Days Gone then New Game plus run.

Congrats, amazing achievement seriously.

3 hours ago, JaviFriki87 said:

This post is just what i needed.

I was thinking that my profile is very messy, cause i started games that are imposible to plat, some games that im not skillfull enough to plat, some that got bored in the process or even some i ended not liking even i thought i will.

But when i check a profile with so many plats, the 100% and everything i realise i dont feel any envy. Maybe cause ( i hope is not the case but) i feel like this kind of person avoids hard games and i dont want to miss the fun of a challenge for something so vain, or maybe cause the 100% completition by itself is meaningless.

So thanks to this post i have realised that i dont need this.

Sorry if i made some mistakes or im hard to understand, im not a native English speaker.

I completely agree with you, most of the top “100” percent accounts are doing exactly what you say but some are not. MrTrofyHuntr is definitely not. Still I agree with you play whatever however. Your English is great, have fun

• Like 2

There is no way I will ever have a 100% completeion rate on my profile as I've had it for over 10 years and there are tonnes of games that were played years ago before I even got into trophy hunting which I don't ever have any intention of going back to.  Even the trophy hunting itself I've been having a long break from for a while now and i have to say I'm enjoying my gaming alot more as a result.  I'll probably start hunting again one day in the future but I just got that burnt out feeling for a while and though yea, bollocks to this!

There are many times I've thought it would be oh so sweet to have a 100% profile but if anything I imagine its way more stress than its worth.  Each to their own but it really doesn't bear thinking about constantly going over any game with a fine tooth comb that you can guarantee get that 100% to maintain it.

I'd rather just play whatever I want whenever I want without having to worry or stress over it.  Gaming has always been my favourite past time and I never want it to become something that is no longer enjoyable.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

Congrats, amazing achievement seriously.

I completely agree with you, most of the top “100” percent accounts are doing exactly what you say but some are not. MrTrofyHuntr is definitely not. Still I agree with you play whatever however. Your English is great, have fun

Thanks, and correct my intention was to share hope that high completions can still be done when one works hard overtime and is committed to a long term goal. Each gamer is different and we should celebrate this and any successes that are achieved on their gaming journeys. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Excited to share I have finally achieved a 100% completion profile after finishing up my last trophies for Days Gone. It was a memorable journey and I look forward to maintaining a high completion percentage going forward. Hard work does pay off everyone! Such a great feeling! Game on fellow trophy hunters!

• Like 2

Definitely not possible on this profile now, have too many games that have online trophies that I never got and never will because of server shutdowns.

12 minutes ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Excited to share I have finally achieved a 100% completion profile after finishing up my last trophies for Days Gone. It was a memorable journey and I look forward to maintaining a high completion percentage going forward. Hard work does pay off everyone! Such a great feeling! Game on fellow trophy hunters!

Congrats MTH! 

57 minutes ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

51 hidden trophies. Not true 100%   nice profile tho

• Like 4

I like to have as close to a 100% profile as possible. I don't have anywhere near as much time for games as I used to when I was younger so I generally pick a game & stay with it until I get 100% on it (games that take your average player a couple of days to a week to get the platinum on can easily take me double or longer due to time constraints) while occasionally revisiting older games to restore my 100% as new DLC adds new trophies to them.

Currently I have 2 that aren't 100%, Lego DC Supervillains which I play solely as couch co-op with my fiancee so we will finish it eventually & Assassin's Creed Odysessy which is what I'm currently playing.

I do like to do certain things for milestones occasionally though, I left Persona 5 (my favourite JRPG) unfinished for nearly 9 months so it could be my 100th platinum as an example.

I don't really know what people would consider easy or hard 100% games in my list, I purely play games for enjoyment & only buy games I know I will enjoy. Off the top of my head, the easiest ones I can think that just required finishing were Guardians of the Galaxy & Tales of the Borderlands which I don't regret for a second as the story telling in them was amazing.

One thing I don't have though is any of those ridiculous games people finish in like 20 minutes & play like 5 different versions of the same game for multiple platinums, I don't have a huge amount of time to play games as it is without wasting it on things like that.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath

• 5 months later...
On 11/5/2019 at 3:45 AM, StewartBros said:

I don't, and will never, have 100% completion on my profile, and it really doesn't bother me.  Most of this is due to fighting games that I just don't have the skill to complete - Dead Or Alive 5, Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, etc.  Some of it is due to games with ridiculous DLC, like Uncharted 2 and 3, and some of it is games that I no longer own or just don't plan to revisit.

I've been able to keep my completion at around 90% for a long time now, and that's more than good enough for me.  Keeping it at 100%, even if it were possible, would just be too much work and stress.

Also, OP, if you are still aiming for that 100%, you should remember that some servers have been known to close with little to no warning, so that 100% can be taken away from you at almost any time, and there will be nothing you can do about it.  This is fine if you don't play many multiplayer games, but if you do, then you should always prioritise online trophies.  That's usually what I do, but there have been occasions where I ignored the MP even when I knew it was on its way out, and it cost me the platinum (looking at you, Bulletstorm).

At the end of the day, go for it if you can, but don't worry too much if something goes wrong.  Our completion percentages just don't matter.

I apologize for bringing up an old thread, but this is probably one of the best responses I heard in a long time.

It really isn't worth having a 100 percent profile. I'm utterly amazed I'm sitting at a 96.51 percent completion, and I still got games I barely touched at all that I plan to revisit.

I nearly gave up on Super Meat Boy, but due to lifelong experience with platformers and the fact that I'm generally good at them, I kept going until I finally earned that platinum. I cannot say the same for fighting games and just a lot of multiplayer games in general. There is nothing Street Fighter has that I can fully finish, my best shot would be the 30th Anniversary Collection, but they had to throw in that Blue Belt trophy which makes that 100 percent a complete chore.

A ranks are good enough. S ranks are ideal of course, but we can't always have those. Too many games, too little time. I just don't find enjoyment in 100 percenting everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Why are you assuming that completionists skip games because of trophy lists? That’s just stupid. 

Why wouldn't they? Some games are extremely difficult and if it has a chance to hinder "muh 100%" surely they would skip it. Find me a completionist with Futuridium Deluxe on their profile or Superhot VR . . . or supermeat boy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Why wouldn't they? Some games are extremely difficult and if it has a chance to hinder "muh 100%" surely they would skip it. Find me a completionist with Futuridium Deluxe on their profile or Superhot VR . . . or supermeat boy

This just tells me you have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about.

• Like 3

I've never not played a game because of the trophy list.  I play a game because it looks interesting and then I play it until I get ?.

Don't assume that just because it's what you would do, it's what everyone does.

• Like 1