Day one buy or not

Blood-Stalker1

So am asking if this game a day one game or not 

is it a big game?

and not a to easy trophy list 

did not have any good luck with day 1 games of late 

so yes or no on the day 1 buy 

I like to get a opinion from people what they thinking about Rage 2 

Metacritic has it as a 73 based on 28 critic reviews. Check out Karak from ACG, he is one of my favorite reviewers and he recently posted a Rage 2 review. I haven't watched it yet, but hopefully it helps you make a decision. 

Parker

• Like 4

Having Bethesda tied to it has stopped me from rushing out to buy it. Reviews at the moment aren't outstanding but best to wait for actual gamers to play it and hear what they think. Well that's what I'm waiting for anyway.

45 minutes ago, Parker said:

Metacritic has it as a 73 based on 28 critic reviews. Check out Karak from ACG, he is one of my favorite reviewers and he recently posted a Rage 2 review. I haven't watched it yet, but hopefully it helps you make a decision. 

Parker

For me the only reviewer i watch and listen to. If he tells me it's a good game then i'll consider it and vice versa. Great fun reviews to watch and i generally agree with him after playing a game. That makes it easy for me to look at his opinion as if it is my own so that's also why his reviews have an influence about which game i buy and which don't

1 hour ago, Parker said:

Parker

So according to this review it seems like it would be best to wait a week or so for some updates to polish the game up a bit.

Edited by reiner-

It looks good to me but every time I buy a Bethesda game they put me to sleep and I don't know why I have bought Prey, Wolfenstein, Fallout 4, The evil within and Skyrim and I don't think I have gotten more than an hour into any of them.  For whatever reason I just can't get into Bethesda games.

Reviews are good enough for me to keep my pre-order. ACG is one of my most trusted reviewers as well so him saying the game is a lot of fun but with a few tech issues on consoles was encouraging. 

Edited by Killbomb

Not buying this one day one. Besides my backlog, Bethesda game tend to drop in price very soon. I bought the first RAGE day one. Allthough it wasn't perfect it was very entertaining with a disappointing finale. But I could have saved 30 euro if I waited one month. 

2 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

It looks good to me but every time I buy a Bethesda game they put me to sleep and I don't know why I have bought Prey, Wolfenstein, Fallout 4, The evil within and Skyrim and I don't think I have gotten more than an hour into any of them.  For whatever reason I just can't get into Bethesda games.

i would stick with Wolfenstein at the least.

Evil within was a chore. even after 2 games im still lost with what happened.

i do recommend Rage 2 if you liked Doom on ps4. if not then pass for now.

I am really interested in Rage 2, a mix of DOOM and Mad Max, count me in. I really enjoyed the Open World of Mad Max, and from what I saw so far it seems similiar.

I dont know about any DLC plans, but I would wait for a price drop anyway, and if it comes to it I would wait for the complete edition.

4 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Gotta force yourself through that feeling and let the game hook you. 

Just bought the game and one hour into the game i am hooked. Damn i realky hate the marketing for these gama. Made me hate it. After looking at the gameplay i just knew i had to get. I am glad i got this on day one. Seriously don't know how my wife is going to react since i was busy with DMC5 and Sekiro. Now busy with Rage 2, the map is really big and there is lot for you to do. So yeah i am in trouble with my wife for buying this game. If you are waiting for Borderlands 3 then get this one. I can say that you will not regret it. Fun bloody game

• Like 2