What video game consoles did you have growing up? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Snes

PS1

N64

PS2

Dreamcast

Xbox 

GBA 

DS lite

PSP

PSP was the first console I bought with my own money. I remember buying a Japanese system form a local import shop for about £300 it came with Ridge racer and Hotshot golf. 

I started collecting games about 14 years ago when I got a full time job. Bought systems I never owned like a Saturn, Megadrive, Gamecube etc. 

My first console was a Nintendo GameCube in 2001 which I had until 2005 when I got a PlayStation 2. Then in 2007 I got a Nintendo Wii and then in 2008, an Xbox 360. I didn't get a PlayStation 3 until late 2009. Those are all the one's I grew up with the main ones I played being PlayStation 2, Wii (with GameCube games) and PlayStation 3.  I had a good collection of games, many of which I still have to this day (mainly the PlayStation 2 ones). 

The consoles that were (and some of them still are) part of my life:

Master System

Game Gear

Sega Saturn

PS2

PS3

PS4

PS Vita

I loved and had fun with all of them, but the PlayStation systems are the best!

The first gaming device I owned was a Christmas Present from my Grandparents which was the original Gameboy with Tetris. I didn’t get another console until another Christmas when I was 15 (1995) when my parents decided to pick me and my brothers up a Sega Saturn. They had been convinced by the Salesperson this was the console that would dominate over the Playstation! It came bundled with Daytona, Craig Stadler Golf and a football game.

it wasn’t until December 1999 when I joined the Playstation family buying the PSone which came with Gran Turismo 2 and Disney’s Tarzan game whilst at University. From then on I’ve bought each Playstation console on release.  

In between I had a Wii too but that didn’t get much use before being sold.

My first and I’d say main console growing up was a PS2.  I Played many classic kids games like Ratchet & Clank, Lego Star Wars & Sonic Heroes. I also played some less age appropriate games that I loved like God of War, Spartan: Total Warrior & Destroy All humans. After that was the PS3, then the Wii, 360, Xbox One, PS4, 3DS, PS3 again and my latest was (the highly under rated in my opinion) PS Vita which I love to death

First one I ever remember having was the Commodore 64. Remember playing such games as Tutti Frutti, Monty Python's Flying Circus & Who Wants To Be A Millionaire on it.

After that was the Sega Mega Drive. Remember playing games like the Sonic The Hedgehog series, Comix Zone, B.O.B, Gynoug, Micro Machines & Dizzy The Egg.

After that was getting the first Playstation & have been a Playstation fan since getting the first console in the series & the Playstation 2 as Christmas gifts as was still in school when they both came out but over the years have been able to by a PLaystation 3, Playstation 4, PSP & Playstation Vita myself.

ps1 - i was too young to remember but i have photo of me playing spyro the dragon
ps3 - earned it in 2010
ps4 - bought in 2015, when i was coming back to house i turn on the radio and heard about paris terrorist attack, i was so angry of that when i come back i forgot to take my console from car

Thanks for the dope answers everyone! I REALLY enjoyed checking out your collective memories, good and bad times, and it was interesting to see people's "timelines" of systems as well! Not to mention, some of those knock off/retro consoles had really neat looks to them! We appreciate the answers as always! :)

I was not allowed any game console as a kid... gaming was frowned upon ? So I did what anyone would do in my situation: I played PC games in secret on my dad’s PC ? Commander Keen & especially Wolfenstein 3D were so much more exciting when hearing footsteps on the stairs meant frantic saving and scrambling to hide the evidence!! All this secrecy in hindsight kickstarted my career as software developer. I learned how to type through one of those type-the-word-before-the-laser-gets-it-games, I learned how to tinker with computers when I got my own (I accidently formatted my dad’s C drive... whoops), programming followed soon after. Et voila. 

Anyway, I made up for it later. Bought myself 3 PS3s (one for every room) and an Xbox 360 and later a PS4. Will get a PS5 obviously. 

The first console i ever owned is this bad boy here, which is still working:

20190603-231002.jpg

I received this from my father when he bought a PlayStation 2 around 2004, with Konami Krazy Racers as my first game ever (which i liked more than Mario Kart because it had more content and better controls). Later on i bought Minish Cap, Rayman 3, and PMDRRT but i eventually lost them all because i was the typical dumb kid that didn't care about his things and obviously didn't know that these games would become pricier and rarer in the future. Recently i picked up some titles for the system but i didn't bother about re-buying the old ones (i prefer spending money on games i haven't played).

In 2005 my father bought me my first ever home console, an Xbox 360, which lasted until 2011 (i know it's crazy, considering the console's hardware issues). After that i bought a Nintendo 3DS and more recently (about three months ago) a PlayStation 4 and a Nintendo Switch.

Edited by Exteos_Zero