DLCs you enjoyed the most?

A-Rebirth

PS3 (or both gen, with remastered editions):

• The Last of Us: Left Behind and, in a lesser measure, the new maps and Grounded mode
  • L.A. Noire: additional cases
  • GTA IV: both DLC

Honourable mention to Assassin's Creed III: The Tyranny of King Washington for the idea (also, love alternative history)

PS4:

• The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine mostly, but both DLC are very good
  • XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate: Jack the Ripper

Honourable mention to Sniper Elite 3: Hunt the Grey Wolf, but only because I'm a sucker for shooting small psychos with weird moustaches through the ball(s)

Well, Dark Souls III needs to be named for sure, both pieces of DLC are great, The Ringed City having the best boss battle in the game (Gael). I could say the same thing about Bloodborne, with Ludwig and the Orphan of Kos being both incredible bosses to fight. 

But if I needed to pick one single game, I think the three pieces of DLC for Nioh need to be my pick here. I really enjoyed those, plus 100% completing the game meant playing everything on Way of the Demon, which added an extra layer to the game that was absent during the regular initial playthrough (build optimization). 

I tend to always get disappointed with DLC, yet still get them for games I love because of... OCD? FOMO? I don’t know *sigh*

Having said that, I loved the DLC for Bioshock: Infinite. Essential tie-in with the original Bioshock.

Nothing else comes to mind, although some DLC is certainly good, i.e. Left Behind for Last of Us.

Edited by Sifferino
Typo fix

Bloodborne - The Old Hunters DLC

The Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone DLC and Blood & Wine DLC

Crash Bandicoot - Stormy Ascent DLC

Crash Bandicoot: Warped - Future Tense DLC

LA Noire - all four DLC packs (A Slip of the Tongue, The Naked City, Nicholson Electroplating, Reefer Madness)

Assassins Creed Brotherhood - The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC

Velocity 2X - both DLC packs (Critical Urgency, Dual Core)

Mafia III - Stones Unturned DLC

That's pretty much it...

- Horizon Zero Dawn frozen wilds was awesome

- alice madness returns for PS3 was good bc it was a complete game as a bonus (the previous game to madness that was 12 years older and for PC) so the series was complete on the disc. I loved that and the game was very challenging

- ALL Rise of the Tomb Raider DLCs, I played the hell out of them, they were SO great, each and every DLC was exciting, great idea, great gameplay I loved the whole thing. Shadow of the TR was just shit.

- FF15 Comrades Multiplayer. I really enjoyed that and had a lot of fun with my friends beating it together

Am i the only one who play fighting games here? Cause i loved any dlc for Tekken 7 and especially 2B dlc for Soul calibur VI.

Besides that its worth having the dlc for Spider man, Horizon zero dawn and Rise of the tomb raider.

For Witcher 3 any dlc was on the goty disk, thing i enjoyed as well.

P.S the 2 best free dlc for me was the 2 stages in Crash bandicoot trilogy!

...on second thought had to edit just to add also the classic soundtrack dlc for Resident evil 2 remake!

Edited by C7OUD_STRIFE_
Remembered more

Mostly last gen because i didnt play much dlc on ps4 yet so,

- Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmare and Desperate Escape

- Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den and Protector Trials

- GTA4: The Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony

- Mass Effect 3: Citadel

- Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina

- Dishonered: Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore witches

- Bioshock Infinite: Burial at sea episode 1 and 2

- The Last of Us: Left Behind

- Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Edited by SHADOW-KILLER-S2

probably not the answer you're looking for but...all of them...i own dlc to all the games I own, played or unplayed, and so far have enjoyed every single one...if I had to choose a worst I would have to say some of the glitchy/laggy mp dlc ones from max payne 3...looking at my list, nothing else stands out...all were great add ons to the vanilla...

Season of Imfamy (Arkham Knight) - It adds quests for Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, Ra and Mister Freeze. This were probably the best quests in the game since the final boss battles didn't envolve the batmobile. It also ended Freeze's story in a high note.

Old Hunters (Bloodborne) - Everything I want to say about this has already been said

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thrintus said:

Kingdoms of Amalur on PS3 had two terrific expansions. I also really enjoyed all Dishonored DLC's (yes, even the trials). 

Why ‘even’ the Trials?

the trials were awesome, man! So much good stuff in such a small package!

were they not well received? Did people not like them? I’m genuinely curious, cause I’ve never really heard anyone talk either way about them, but assumed they would be well loved, given how much I enjoyed them ???

Edited by DrBloodmoney

The witcher 3 - both DLCs (Especially Blood and Wine)

Bloodborne - My favourite part of Bloodborne is the DLC with best bosses of the series and my favourite area (the hamlet)

Dark souls 1 and 3 - all of them (Mainly The Ringed City which is my second favourite soulsborne DLC right bellow The Old Hunters)

Mass Effect 3 - Citadel (To this day i think this is the best fan service i have ever experiences)

Borederlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Why ‘even’ the Trials?

the trials were awesome, man! So much good stuff in such a small package!

were they not well received? Did people not like them? I’m genuinely curious, cause I’ve never really heard anyone talk either way about them, but assumed they would be well loved, given how much I enjoyed them 1f914.png1f914.png1f914.png

Some of the trophies were frustrating (those who have them know what I speak of... urgh), but I don't judge a DLC based solely on that. However, there's some aspects that are inexcusable, such as the purely RNG-based mission where you had gather clues to kill the guilty culprit. A complete chore to gather 3 stars on that, especially on Hard. There's also very little replayability imo, aside from improving your score. And to be frank, almost all of the missions are just slightly altered campaign missions.

That being said, it's one of my proudest 100% games and I really enjoyed it. But I'd rather have had another story expansion, and maybe the Trials as a free DLC.

• Like 1