MidnightDragon

Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

613 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Overall I found the game itself to be fun but there isn't enough content in it for it to be considered a full game. After experiencing the story, this game should have been the DLC to a game that doesn't exist - Wolfenstein 3 depicting the events between 2 and Youngblood.

So is it basically the same as Wolfenstein The Old Blood? I really enjoyed that one aswell as the The New Order. I didn't really give Wolfenstein 2 the chance it deserves. I've read about the Mein Leben being a pain, but then again don't we need a challenge every now and then?

Spoiler

At some point between Wolfenstein 2 and Youngblood, B.J went on an epic adventure to take down Hitler, at least i think it is, all i've got to go on is NPC's telling me how epic it is. It's referenced multiple times throughout the game. One of the opening lines in the first level is 'Remember girls, you are the daughters of the man who killed Adolf ***ing Hitler'

Reading this kinda got me hyped again and now I want to finish what I've started a while back. Old Blood and Wolfenstein 2

Quick update to say I'm using my first swap.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS4): 0%

Batman: Arkham City (PS4): 0%

Brave: 0%

Caveman Warriors: 0%
Chroma Squad: 100%:platinum:
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition: 0%
Degrees of Separation: 100%✅
Detroit: Become Human: 0%
Fear Effect Sedna: 100%:platinum:
Iconoclasts: 100%✅
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PS3): 100%:platinum:

Minecraft: Story Mode (PS4) 100%:platinum:
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4): 100%:platinum:
Okage: Shadow King: 0%
Outlast 2: 0%

Rayman Origins (PS3): 0%

The Coma: Recut: 0%

The Witness: 0%➡️91% ➡️ Plants vs Zombies (PS3): 0%

I really wanted to finish The Witness just to say I did it. However, I was not having fun for the majority of it. It was the most bare bones "game" you could have. I will be the first to say that I am not a smart man (no matter what anyone says), but I do like to play games with puzzles that challenge me, and I really like walking simulators. That being said, I need a little more then just another puzzle as an incentive to keep playing. There wasn't even any background music or really any background noises aside from your footsteps and clicks from puzzles, which really bothers me on a mental level. I used a guide for the second part of the game after I got fed up with it. The straw that broke my back was the final challenge. Like I said, I'm not a smart man, and the random puzzles they throw out to you on a time limit was starting to give me a headache and my chest hurt. So I don't give myself a heart attack, I have replaced it with a better, more fun game (or so I've heard), and if I can find someone to beat it for me/help me beat it, I'll inform you.

Update 4.5

Mass Effect 3 

Date Started: 9/30/2018

Trophies when Event Started: 28/69

Event Starting Percentage 31%

Trophies after Update 3: 31/69

Updated Percentage 35%

Trophies after Update 4: 42/69

Updated Percentage: 48%

Trophies after Update 4.5: 50/69

Updated Percentage: 70%

Mini Update since I was far to irresponsible last night and spent far to many hours doing this instead of other things that I should have been doing (I had fun though so I am going to call worth).  Went ahead and finished the game.  Ending was subpar for such an enjoyable 3 part series and definitely fails where mass effect 2 succeeded.  That being said the plot points in this one were very engaging (see spoiler for details). As far as the insanity difficulty, I was actually impressed with the balance of everything.  It seemed like everything was just difficult enough (with the exception of marauder shields, that guy is a legend and the real final boss and I mean that with complete sincerity... I died to him more than any other single segment).  

Spoiler

I particularly enjoyed the Tuchunka missions and the plight of the Krogan, as well as brokering peace between the Geth and the Quarians as well as seeing Tali's story arch pay off. The lost on Thessia and Liara's reaction were also heartbreaking.  Really hurts that the ending wasn't what I was hoping for. 

All thats left for the platinum is upgrading the guns (simple enough just have to play through the tuturial again and get access to the normandy and 5000 kills which is currently just north of 3000.  Gonna do the DLC first and then go back and clean that up.  I anticipate finishing sometime around Wednesday or Thursday.  

Happy hunting everyone

~TC

8 hours ago, neospoon said:

So is it basically the same as Wolfenstein The Old Blood? I really enjoyed that one aswell as the The New Order. I didn't really give Wolfenstein 2 the chance it deserves. I've read about the Mein Leben being a pain, but then again don't we need a challenge every now and then?

Reveal hidden contents

Reading this kinda got me hyped again and now I want to finish what I've started a while back. Old Blood and Wolfenstein 2

It's one of my favourite video-game universes for sure. Old Blood felt tonally like a combo of the original old-gen games and a b-movie horror, super fun and I really digged the challenge elements to it. Wolfenstein 2 was great, but I still think my favourite is till the first one. That completely blew me away on release. They took this character who was basically a 2D face and turned him into a fully fleshed out character that you really rooted for. I have such high hopes for Wolfenstein 3 if/when it comes out.