Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

12 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Overall I found the game itself to be fun but there isn't enough content in it for it to be considered a full game. After experiencing the story, this game should have been the DLC to a game that doesn't exist - Wolfenstein 3 depicting the events between 2 and Youngblood.

So is it basically the same as Wolfenstein The Old Blood? I really enjoyed that one aswell as the The New Order. I didn't really give Wolfenstein 2 the chance it deserves. I've read about the Mein Leben being a pain, but then again don't we need a challenge every now and then?

Spoiler

At some point between Wolfenstein 2 and Youngblood, B.J went on an epic adventure to take down Hitler, at least i think it is, all i've got to go on is NPC's telling me how epic it is. It's referenced multiple times throughout the game. One of the opening lines in the first level is 'Remember girls, you are the daughters of the man who killed Adolf ***ing Hitler'

Reading this kinda got me hyped again and now I want to finish what I've started a while back. Old Blood and Wolfenstein 2

• Like 3

8 hours ago, neospoon said:

So is it basically the same as Wolfenstein The Old Blood? I really enjoyed that one aswell as the The New Order. I didn't really give Wolfenstein 2 the chance it deserves. I've read about the Mein Leben being a pain, but then again don't we need a challenge every now and then?

Reveal hidden contents

Reading this kinda got me hyped again and now I want to finish what I've started a while back. Old Blood and Wolfenstein 2

It's one of my favourite video-game universes for sure. Old Blood felt tonally like a combo of the original old-gen games and a b-movie horror, super fun and I really digged the challenge elements to it. Wolfenstein 2 was great, but I still think my favourite is till the first one. That completely blew me away on release. They took this character who was basically a 2D face and turned him into a fully fleshed out character that you really rooted for. I have such high hopes for Wolfenstein 3 if/when it comes out.

• Like 2

Advanced issues found

22 minutes ago, Liioni said:

Side note: Darkest Dungeon is not a good game to play when the kid is awake! 1f635.png

When I played it using the Occultist, I thought that the game was trying to communicate with me using binary, I was getting so many 0's and 1's heals from him. 

• Like 4

I am going to have to make a mandatory swap. My copy of Kingdom Hearts III GLITCHED. One of the treasure chests in the Gummiphone did NOT register and I had opened that chest already so it's lost for good, meaning I can't get the trophy for 100% of the Treasures on the Gummiphone, which means I have to restart the entire game. It's heartbreaking. I am going to have to uninstall and reinstall that damn game and I don't think I will want to touch it, I will make it Platinum #150, which won't happen until summer 2020 because, Pokemon has my life right now. Once I finish 100%ing Pokemon Sword, I will come back to trophy hunting. Right now I am going through every Pokemon game in existence for a personal mission and I can't do too much else. :(

So I'd like to swap out that game for another game, maybe re: Chain of Memories. I enjoyed that game a bit.

EDIT: Let me give a brief explanation of why I can't platinum Kingdom Hearts III until summer 2020 despite being halfway done. One of the chests in Monstropolis, which had the Fencer's Earring in it, was opened during my exploration of that world. However, Jiminy's Gummiphone list for the treasures in that world did not register that chest as collected. And I had checked every other chest, the game tells you what treasures you have collected, the Fencer's Earring was the only one 'not' collected even though the chest which had it was opened. Yes, I probably sold the dang thing, but the Treasures list would have registered it because I opened its chest. IT DID NOT, so it is a glitch which means I cannot get the trophy for that section unless I delete my save and restart the entire game to that point. I do not mind going through the game a second time, but with Pokemon Sword and Shield and Sims 4's newest expansion on the horizon, I will be too busy playing old Pokemon games to have much time for Playstation games. I do intend to do a Castlevania Requiem marathon for Halloween, though. I might also try to work a bit of Dragon Quest XI too because that game is dope.

EDIT 2: Sorry about my ranting, it's just disheartening when a game you love glitches out on you and makes the platinum impossible without a redo. I had hoped that one of my favorite series would not do this, but I guess R&D didn't catch this. I'll have to report it and see if they can catch it and patch it out. Anyways, other than the Castlevania Requem thing for this weekend for Halloween(my sister invited me to her Halloween party so I will be busy Friday evening) and maybe some Dragon Quest XI, I won't be playing any PSN games until maybe my birthday on December because Pokemon Sword and Shield and Sims 4 Discovery Universiity drop on the same day, November 15, and my life will be consumed by those two things so I am getting ready for those by refreshing myself with Pokemon games and, since they're RPGs, they require a lot of work. (Especially since I am doing an insane challenge on my copy of Pokemon Moon.) I'm not going to drop out yet because I have four months to try to make up time, but for now I am pretty much off the radar and won't update for a while. :|

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
  • Like 3

On 10/21/2019 at 7:25 PM, AuroraHistoire said:

I haven't played the 'Citadel' DLC yet. I've heard only good things about it, so I'm a bit excited

I finished the 'Citadel' DLC yesterday and can confirm it is pretty good.  The only DLC worth the price tag imo.  That being said I experienced untold amounts of frame rate drop doing some of the arena stuff just as a heads up. 

• Like 2