UlvenFenrir

worst post game grind ever

127 posts in this topic

Soo...looks like Machinegames made the platinum even longer now with the new update. I just got the last base character upgrade and no trophy pop. I guess I need all the new ones too now. :(

Edited by Hourisathand
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes unfortunately you do (I can confirm). The positive thing is that with the new pep signal the heavy weapon masters are clearly faster! I'm really close (10K coins short) and I'm only at 32 hours total game time!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a fan of The New Order and The Old Blood, and would love to play Youngblood, but I keep hearing about bad grinds for coins and whatnot.

 

Now I would like to know if these claims are true. Thanks. :)

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zizimonster said:

I'm a fan of The New Order and The Old Blood, and would love to play Youngblood, but I keep hearing about bad grinds for coins and whatnot.

 

Now I would like to know if these claims are true. Thanks. :)

 

 

I honestly gave up on this game a long time ago and have no idea (and only doubts they made it better with patches)

 

But if you enjoyed TNO and TOB (which I have too) - I'd suggest skipping this one. Not because of the platinum but because the game is sub-par and you'll find yourself thoroughly disappointed. 
If you want a AA game for some silly co-op fun rather go Sniper Elite or The strange Brigade (Zombie Army trilogy is also fun with a friend)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 4:58 PM, dave9009 said:

Yes unfortunately you do (I can confirm). The positive thing is that with the new pep signal the heavy weapon masters are clearly faster! I'm really close (10K coins short) and I'm only at 32 hours total game time!

 

This isn't cool. I was under the impression that only the original abilities were still needed. I only need a couple ore of the original ones. It is going to drag on even longer for me then.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason that when I am reaching mastery level 10 with one of my hammer weapons.. The trophy "hammer time" isn't unlocking..  I have the Laserhammer, Kugelhammer and Uberhammer all to master level 10 and the trophy has not unlocked yet??????? Like what the fuck? I am not going to start over since I am almost got all my weapons to master level 10.. So it is possible to unlock the "one women army" trophy before "hammer time".. I don't know what is going on..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 2:33 AM, zizimonster said:

I'm a fan of The New Order and The Old Blood, and would love to play Youngblood, but I keep hearing about bad grinds for coins and whatnot.

 

Now I would like to know if these claims are true. Thanks. :)

 

 

 

The patches are definitely a huge improvement and do make it closer. I don't know about "much" closer. I think the game is worth the price. But the coin grind and weapon mastery grinds are insane and the patches have only helped a little with that.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 7:28 PM, Valkirye22 said:

I honestly gave up on this game a long time ago and have no idea (and only doubts they made it better with patches)

 

But if you enjoyed TNO and TOB (which I have too) - I'd suggest skipping this one. Not because of the platinum but because the game is sub-par and you'll find yourself thoroughly disappointed. 
If you want a AA game for some silly co-op fun rather go Sniper Elite or The strange Brigade (Zombie Army trilogy is also fun with a friend)

Thanks for the advice.

I honestly don't know if I love co-op or not, but I had a hella fun playing Splinter Cell Conviction many years ago. :D

 

18 minutes ago, emailking said:

 

The patches are definitely a huge improvement and do make it closer. I don't know about "much" closer. I think the game is worth the price. But the coin grind and weapon mastery grinds are insane and the patches have only helped a little with that.

I guess I couldn't care less about this game now. :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 1:47 AM, jonesey46 said:

I don't understand why people come on to this website, a website dedicated to trophy hunting, and have a go at people for trophy hunting. Sure, if you don't like a game you shouldn't really bother playing it but that's just not how it works for a trophy hunter. If it was that easy then this website wouldn't be as popular as it is.

 

It's no different than me going to a forum dedicated to rock music and saying I don't like the new stuff Green Day has been making as opposed to what other bands have done. It's subjective. People trophy hunt for different reasons. I prefer to get most out of my games and therefore I think trophy hunting does that pretty well.

 

On 9/9/2019 at 1:47 AM, jonesey46 said:

Anyway, I finished this game last night and whilst I initially enjoyed it quite a bit, the pointless grind left a sour taste in my mouth. I am a big fan of the Wolfenstein series, including The New Colossus AND I'm even a supporter of the Mein Leben trophy, despite not yet achieving it, because there's a point to Mein Leben, its a trophy that requires skill (and albeit, a lot of luck) whereas most of the trophies in Youngblood are utterly pointless. Youngblood's endgame grind only serves to show that the game is shallow and has very little content.

 

Machine Games have a lot to answer for and hopefully, they get their shit together for Wolf3.

 

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus will definitely be one of my most hard earned platinums.... when I get around to it.

 

I'm sort of sad to hear a lot of criticism surrounding Youngblood. I was really hoping we would get some sort of sequel or prequel to The Old Blood. I really enjoyed that game and if I had more time on my hands I would be willing to platinum that game again on another account.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the worst grinds iv done were.

 DUNGEON TRAVELERS 2 just before i beat the last boss got 5k kill... there a trophy for 20k... spent 67 hours killing lvl 1 monsters guuug.😥

 

Or MOE CHRONICLE you need to get a drop item for a every person....theres 50 all which come fron different rare monster 5% & have a 1% of dropping item. 

I spent 2 too 7 hours each day for 2 months. Hate RNG 😖

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree with the OP, worst post game grind ever.  What a waste of time, just glad it is over and I can now delete it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got the platinum. I liked the game for the most part but the grind...terrible

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys

 

I've got one trophy left until Platinum and I'm stuck on More Human than Human trophy.

 

I'm on Level 104 and the game stops giving 'abilities' after level 100 - i need 10 more to finish off the ability powers.

 

Now that it's not giving me anymore, how can i keep achieving them?
I've played the game solo the entire time and racked up 50 hours.

 

What can I do?!?!?!?!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ROBYZ02 said:

Hi guys

 

I've got one trophy left until Platinum and I'm stuck on More Human than Human trophy.

 

I'm on Level 104 and the game stops giving 'abilities' after level 100 - i need 10 more to finish off the ability powers.

 

Now that it's not giving me anymore, how can i keep achieving them?
I've played the game solo the entire time and racked up 50 hours.

 

What can I do?!?!?!?

If you need more gears to upgrade abilities join other people's sessions and help them complete side-missions, they will receive gears and so do you. You don't need to start the mission just finish it with someone else since you've completed your own. That's how I did it. Good luck! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember games before trophies/ achievements. You'd play them for the F word (fun) and stop when they were no longer the F word. I sold my soul to trophies ages ago so I'll do the grind, be proud I did.

 

You want to avoid unnecessary grind? Play for the F word then move onto the next game. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 7:56 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'm almost done with Wolfenstein 2 now and if i have enough time before Control comes out, i'll definitely give Youngblood a shot. I've never really minded natural grinds, y'know, grinds which are synonymous with RPGs etc because you kind of expect them as part of the genre. In fact, I kind of like those. From what i'm seeing with people's comments with Youngblood, is that the grind isn't natural and a little meaningless, which is why folks have beef with it.

 

I'll definitely give it a go and see for myself soon, even if there is a bolted on pointless grind at the end, i'm still down for more stuff set in the Wolfenstein universe. I'll just dose myself up on coffee and podcasts when the grind time approaches :)

 

Coop makes it much more bearable and fun. If you do the final levels for what you're missing, it really wasnt bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hey there everyone :)

 

Please don't be mad at me if it's been already posted in this thread, I didn't want to read 100+ posts.

 

As for the Hammer weapons, the second to last gesture "Hammerschlag" (in German) is now available, replenishing your Hammer ammo and rendering trips to Lab X obsolete. 

 

You would normally need to reach level 92 and finish the 20 treasure hunts to get "More human than human" as of patch 1.08. 

 

A great tip provided by Blackangel887462 (all credit goes to him!) is the following :

 

In order to get your account up to level 92 and get enough coins, have a secondary account being able to hand in some quests (I did it with "The assassin", "The tape" and "Zeppelin sabotage"), join with your main account, hand the quests in with your secondary, download the save file with your secondary from your USB again, rejoin with your main, hand the quests in, rinse and repeat. 

You don't have to leave with your main account, it will be kicked automatically. 

 

Greetings from Germany! 

Edit: Your main account won't actually reach level 92 despite having earned enough skill points for having finished the quests, but this doesn't matter. 

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you just play coop post game and keep doing side quests with other people it’ll be faster. Most side quests don’t take long and awards you one skill point on completion. As for coin grinding, opening boxes and forward time for 24hrs is the way to go.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive played grindy games before........this may not be the worst but its fucking terrible. Like the sheer lack of shit to do at the end is terrible. I'm bored to tears of playing the same level 1 over and over and over and over again. Developers that add stupid pointless grinds for no reason are pathetic and this is coming from a huge fan of what machinegames has done with wolfenstein.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i finished this game months ago, and this thread still pisses me off thinking about that stupid grind

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i finished this game months ago, and this thread still pisses me off thinking about that stupid grind

Me too 😂 I still have notifications set up for this thread because I am a masochist and enjoy reflecting on the misery that was this game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dare anyone here complaining to plat Fortnite (save the world) and then still tell me this is the worst grind. I promise you wont make it half way before wishing it was as short as Youngblood. I'm not even finished with Fortnite yet and I will never complain about another grind in a game ever again in my life and yes, i've done Dragon Ball FighterZ too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 10:46 AM, DanielVT said:

Ive played grindy games before........this may not be the worst but its fucking terrible. Like the sheer lack of shit to do at the end is terrible. I'm bored to tears of playing the same level 1 over and over and over and over again. Developers that add stupid pointless grinds for no reason are pathetic and this is coming from a huge fan of what machinegames has done with wolfenstein.

 

Yeah, it's very unfortunate. I had been anticipating Youngblood for quite some time, but the game turned out mind-numbingly grindy based on comments on online forums, and I think it's ugly. I've been holding off purchasing this game unless things get better, but I doubt that. :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/4/2020 at 3:24 PM, zizimonster said:

 

Yeah, it's very unfortunate. I had been anticipating Youngblood for quite some time, but the game turned out mind-numbingly grindy based on comments on online forums, and I think it's ugly. I've been holding off purchasing this game unless things get better, but I doubt that. :(

 

The post game content isn't really bad. The only grind you need to get is for coins and ability points for both trees. As far, I'm aroun 60% for guns and 86% for abilities. I feel like the update added the treasures hunt to help the farm of those, and actually helps with the 100k bullets to the matter too. I'm around 80k and I think by the end I wouldn't need to do the mindless Laserkraftwerk's AFK grind. Let's see how things turn then. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

 

The post game content isn't really bad. The only grind you need to get is for coins and ability points for both trees. As far, I'm aroun 60% for guns and 86% for abilities. I feel like the update added the treasures hunt to help the farm of those, and actually helps with the 100k bullets to the matter too. I'm around 80k and I think by the end I wouldn't need to do the mindless Laserkraftwerk's AFK grind. Let's see how things turn then. 

 

So, how long does it take to platinum the game?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.