One Game at a Time or Multiple? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Hey y'all!

As many of you know @Bushido7745785 and myself host a podcast called Plat Cast and every week (or so) we ask a topic for discussion here on psnprofiles and we read out your responses on our podcast and our topic this week is:

With all of these AAA games coming out all at once, our question this week is "Do you play one game all the way through or do you bounce around betwen games?

Also, join our discord! We talk about anything and everything and is the best way to suggest topics/chat with Zack (he is there he just lurks!) and myself discord.gg/hbTaVvh 

• Like 1

Nice topic! 

Unless a game appeals to me in an unique way(i.e. Witcher 3, god of war, Hellblade), i tend to bounce between games. Most of the time a game gets too grindy and when I feel like I am losing interest I quickly switch to another game, just so I won't ruin my impression about it. 

• Like 1

I'm switching around a lot. I have 2-3 games i play coop with friends and i have 2-4 games i play on my own. At least 1 on PS4 or PS3 and 1 on Vita.

Coop played current games Dead Island and World War Z bith once a week for 2 hours.

On my own i played Unravel 2 for most of the time for the last 2 weeks, sometimes i became frustrated failing a speedrun so i changed to Indigo Prophecy. I played a few chapters until i had some trouble with a long QTE so i switched back to Unravel 2.

After i got Unravel 2 :platinum: i played through Doom 3 PS4 campaign through without changing games in between. Played yesterday a bit more Indigo Prophecy but became bored and started Worms Battlegrounds ?

On Vita i stay on 1 game mostly. Except htoL#NiQ which i don't enjoy thx to the touch control it has. So i play Danganronpa 2 instead.

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I tend to jump between games quite a bit because with big open worlds like Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon and the like it feels to overwhelming to me seeing the vast areas I have left to explore. So the jumping between games makes that more manageable for me cause it feels "fresh" when I come back to a game a little later. 

I've changed my approach quite a lot this year alone:

After joining psnp in April I tried to complete every game I (re)started, to get my horrible completion percentage up ("started" in the higher 40s, 48 I think).

It worked, but after a while it bored me to do longer games only. So I mixed it up and did easy, short plats before doing my longer game. You can hate me for that if you like, but I don't really care. If I enjoyed the hour I don't think it's wasted. If you see a profile as ruined because it doesn't have much ultra rare stuff, cool - it's your opinion and we don't have to share the same one :)

Then I've started to do a PS3 game one day, and a PS4 game the other day, clean up some ps3 backlog. To be quite honest, after years of ps4 only, going back isn't that much fun for me anymore. Switching to the DS3 pad hurts my hands after a while and the DS4 isn't really working so well with all ps3 games. There's some ps3 games I'd like to play again, but after the Skyrim incident I'm salty and haven't used my ps3 for a few months now...

(the daedra trophy glitched twice on me, once with the dlc installed, okay my bad could have read the warning about it, and then again without the DLC installed... "It just works" some guy from Bethesda might say)

Since Borderlands 3 I'm friends with @Fnee2000. We've done the plat for BL3 more or less together all the way trough during release week.

And since then we started up our little weekend project that we do for a bit over a month now. Currently playing another title of the borderlands series, Pre-Sequel. That's normaly my friday and sunday for gaming, hard to do any other days for us, because there's a 6h time difference I think.

I hope we continue this for much longer, I really enjoy having a reliable partner.

For the other days I picked 1 singleplayer game and 1 multiplayer game to do, currently F1 2019 and Witcher 3 GOTY. So Monday / Wednesday for F1 and Tuesday / Thursday for Witcher for example.

That only leaves Saturday blank where it's either coop time with Fnee or I do my solo stuff.

• Like 1

I typically play 2 or 3 at once. Currently playing Death Stranding...which is my main game. But also playing Collar x Malice, a vn, on Vita. If I start feeling burnt out or too frustrated on main game, I will play something quick and fun. Just played MechaNika & loved it. Then jumped right back into Death Stranding.

I don't multi-play game of the same genre i.e. If I am playing a RPG game (Dragon Quest 11), I will not play another RPG game (e.g. Ni no Kuni). I bounce around games like Draqon Quest 11 and Call of Duty as they are both different genre.

Or in the case of the games i'm playing in Vita, I switch on playing Lego game and SAO game.

I'm a teacher so I have to be super-organised, so my huge backlog requires that I stick with a game until I finish it otherwise I'm left with a sea of half-finished games that I'll have to start over again when I come back to them so it actually saves time. But occasionally if a game that particularly appeals to me comes out, I'll play it even if I'm in the middle of another.

• Like 3

Sometimes I like to focus on one game, but other times I just like to jump in between multiple games. Lately it's been Modern Warfare, to Stardew Valley, and back to Black Ops 4. You've just got to have fun with it, if you're playing one game and your mind wants to play another, play it! It's about having fun.

• Like 1

I stay with a single game if it is a really good game. If the game is not amazing but still alright to play, I might play 1-2 other games on top and jump around between them occasionally, same if I play a multiplayer only game one of my friends wants to play with me. Even the best games do not keep my undivided attention forever though, some amazing games I played had long grinds or high difficulty trophies attached to them, in that case I added at least one game to not overexpose myself to the more boring parts of that one game.

I bounce between games, I usually play one game on my PlayStation Vita (generally something easy or time consuming) and one game on my PlayStation 4.

So at the moment i am playing Riddled Corpses EX (great game btw highly recommended) on my PS Vita to balance out playing Trails of Cold Steel III on my PS4 since that is a long ass RPG. 

This way i slowly work towards two platinum games and break it up a bit too keeping my gaming experience fresh and engaging :D

Either multiple (definition: two or more) or a mixture is definitely the best way. Focusing on a single game is only practical at times. It's too easy to get burnt out or grow stale of a game a lot of the time by focusing on one, especially when it's an open-world, RPG, racing, or online multiplayer heavy game. 

6 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

There's some ps3 games I'd like to play again, but after the Skyrim incident I'm salty and haven't used my ps3 for a few months now...

(the daedra trophy glitched twice on me, once with the dlc installed, okay my bad could have read the warning about it, and then again without the DLC installed... "It just works" some guy from Bethesda might say)

How many of the artifacts do you have @JayDeLosDioses.  If you have 14/15 you can get the one for Hircine twice I believe if you let the werewolf live the first time.  After you go to Bloated Man's Grotto and side with Sinding you get the uncursed ring of Hircine.  Then you can go back into the cave and kill Silding and skin him which should get you the saviours hide as well.  Both of which should count for your 15. 

Over the years I figured out that if I play multiple games at a time I end up not finishing any of them.

So what I do right now is play only 1 game if that game is short, 20 hours or less, if the game is long I play it until Im start to get burned out and switch to a short game, complete that, and come back to the long game.

It also helps my wallet, no more buying everything I see.

Edit: how can I listen to your podcast? Is it on youtube?

Edited by Montyzu

@Together_Comic I have every single item in my inventory, excluding the book that is removed when you read it. I did the Hircine exploit to get both items aswell. Did the book quest last, so at one point I was carrying all daedric items with me.

Two different save games, one with all DLCs. And one rushed one without any DLC or other items ever collected, except gold and lockpicks. Because I read somewhere that a bigger save file can glitch the trophy aswell.

Twice no trophy for me. 

Edited by JayDeLosDioses
  • Like 1