Games to lose your mind with?

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

To not take too much space in this topic, I'm posting the personal reason of my question under spoiler:

Spoiler

Yeah, I know, the answers are already in my huge backlog (almost 13k unearned trophies, and I'm not a reviewer, a youtuber or anyone else who owns games just to try them a bit... I'm just a compulsive buyer of every game that comes out at D1 and same as people buying plenty books just for the beautiful cover and in the end they just read 5-6 every year lol. 

I have been through two emotionally heavy months recently, full of stressful events and also, with the upcoming Christmas holidays, I truly need a game to mentally detox myself and make me forget the last two lousy months (even got two flu in the same month without concrete reasons like being in cold weather, so the cause was only stress 

I'm not saying I want to clear my huge backlog, I don't care about that.

I'd like to ask you a game that can involve your days so much that you can even forget what day is it in the first week you're playing (and also sleeping a total of 22 hours in the first week lol). 

Of course I can already imagine the titles since I know plenty of games, but you know that more you own games, more you ignore most of them sometimes lol

Death Stranding is already a good game I'm totally involved, 96 hours of playing time and 156 Standard Premium order on Lol rank... And I'm still at chapter 6, need to unlock the Structure of 

Spoiler

Photographer in Mountain Knot City, right after connecting the  "Mountain guy", that asks you anthibiotics to deliver him from the Doctor. 

And only yesterday, I've already achieved "Growth of a legend" trophy:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9955-death-stranding/tjoe1bkhjtqxm?trophies=earned&secret=hide

(Only saying it's already a good game to distract myself

I have started as you can see the third stack of The Witcher 3 GOTY NA Version, but I got a little bit bored because it's the third time I'm playing it (and still haven't achieved the platinum in the other two stacks). 

So, feel free to post any list that can drain your awareness of being alive in real life lol 

Thanks! 

I would have to say rayman legends. Not really because of the time i played daily but i made sure i played everyday to get the awesomnous trophy which took about 6 months of daily play. I even played in a morning before work to see what medal i got because that was the time that challenge ended

Good job it was an amazing game

• Like 1

One of my picks would be Everybody's Golf, as weird as this suggestion may sound. While I'm not sure it falls under what you're looking for, I personally found it incredibly relaxing to play to wind down at a period in my life when I was under some heavy stress. I actually hold the game in high regard, lmao. I'm not the biggest golf fan but it's arcade-style gameplay just let me to switch my brain off and chill.

• Like 2

Deluzion90 already sort of said this. But Persona 5. I was the same and just couldn't put it down. Even while I was at work all I could think was "I could be playing Persona 5 right now..." that game captured my heart and was so well polished the experience was solid the whole way through. 

• Like 1

Any Tales Of game, particularly Graces, Xillia, or Berseria (which I see you've started). These all have immersive worlds and stories, and will take you at least 60+ hours to complete.

I also highly recommend the Zero Escape Trilogy. It's the only game that's ever had me calling out of work so that I could continue playing. The only thing with these is that they're not terribly long (maybe 10-20 hours a piece) and are only good if you don't use a guide to solve the puzzles (though I do recommend using one so that you can get all the different endings).

• Like 2

@tjoe1bkhjtqxm I would say go backward to go forward, FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX I saw in your list. Get those platinums!

Or FFXIV and really get lost in the game. Even if your not into mmorpgs you may like this one as you can mainly do pretty much everything solo(Go summoner(my main) and have a ton of fun while making it easier to solo!))

FFXIV will def take over your life <3 feel better!

Edit: or Tales of Symphonia

That game is amazing compared to the other Tales Of games and you'll love it

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Thank you all, I'll start Persona 5, then Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen 

I could not have given you better advice if I had tried. All of these games have lured me in (and, in the case of Skyrim and Inquisition, lured me in multiple times). I will likely play Persona 5: Royal when it is released, and Dragon's Dogma lured me into so many playthroughs on the PS3 that I feel like I've played it twice and then some.

Enjoy!

16 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Thank you all, I'll start Persona 5, then Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen 

Dragon's Dogma is also fantastic. The combat and relationships in that game stand above many in the same genre. That's a really solid list of long games. Enjoy!

On 12/6/2019 at 0:19 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

To not take too much space in this topic, I'm posting the personal reason of my question under spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I know, the answers are already in my huge backlog (almost 13k unearned trophies, and I'm not a reviewer, a youtuber or anyone else who owns games just to try them a bit... I'm just a compulsive buyer of every game that comes out at D1 and same as people buying plenty books just for the beautiful cover and in the end they just read 5-6 every year lol. 

I have been through two emotionally heavy months recently, full of stressful events and also, with the upcoming Christmas holidays, I truly need a game to mentally detox myself and make me forget the last two lousy months (even got two flu in the same month without concrete reasons like being in cold weather, so the cause was only stress 

I'm not saying I want to clear my huge backlog, I don't care about that.

I'd like to ask you a game that can involve your days so much that you can even forget what day is it in the first week you're playing (and also sleeping a total of 22 hours in the first week lol). 

Of course I can already imagine the titles since I know plenty of games, but you know that more you own games, more you ignore most of them sometimes lol

Death Stranding is already a good game I'm totally involved, 96 hours of playing time and 156 Standard Premium order on Lol rank... And I'm still at chapter 6, need to unlock the Structure of 

Reveal hidden contents

Photographer in Mountain Knot City, right after connecting the  "Mountain guy", that asks you anthibiotics to deliver him from the Doctor. 

And only yesterday, I've already achieved "Growth of a legend" trophy:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9955-death-stranding/tjoe1bkhjtqxm?trophies=earned&secret=hide

(Only saying it's already a good game to distract myself

I have started as you can see the third stack of The Witcher 3 GOTY NA Version, but I got a little bit bored because it's the third time I'm playing it (and still haven't achieved the platinum in the other two stacks). 

So, feel free to post any list that can drain your awareness of being alive in real life lol 

Thanks! 

I mean Fallen Order, Assassin's Creed Odyssey/Origins, and Superhot were nice time-sinks. 

For me it was Tales of Berseria, I love the Tales games so much with my first being Graces and Vesperia on the PS3 which became my life back on the ps3 days where I poured hours of my life into getting the platinums. I loved Berseria as I thought Velvet was such a cool characters. 

Vesperia was probably my number one game though, i haven't played the PS4 version, just the PS3 one but I got the platinum twice, once in my old account and again in this account as I loved the game that much

Dark Cloud 2 is one of my go to games when I feel depressed, stressed, or generally down. Played through the whole game 8 times just on PS2. It's on PS4 as well with a platinum. However, there's tons of missables and the combat and leveling system might be too much for newcomers. It might not be the best game to disassociate yourself with.

I'll also reiterate Tales of games are good ones too.

• Like 2