Xbox Series X

fbdbh

Weird design.  I don't dislike it, but since it's a completely different shape than the other Xbox's... I don't think there's really a spot for it in my entertainment setup.  It can't just swap into the Xbox Ones spot.  Unless it's really short, but from the pictures it looks like its about as tall as 3-4 controllers stacked so yeah.  I assume the grid/grate at the top is a vent, so I probably can't squeeze it anywhere that might block that.

Everything I have is expecting a horizontal layout. That's... complicated.  Maybe it works fine laying it on its side?  You'd think so, right?

Hellblade II is awesome news though.  A few more exclusives like that and I may end up getting both next gen consoles someday... hell, my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate runs until 2021 and should only cost $15 per year after that so I might as well keep the Xbox train rolling anyways.

Edited by Dreakon13

Um, I can't say I really like either the design or the name to be honest. Both are  awful! Though I'm intrigued so I might buy it depending on what exclusives they announce for it other than Hellblade 2. I don't have any interest in the first game so I really don't care about the sequel. I liked some of the cinematography and music of the trailer of Hell blade 2 but other than it was...meh. The Ghost of Tsushima was gorgeous in every way possible and I can't wait to see more of it. I'll have to see what the gameplay is like but so far I'm really excited.

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Who feels hellblade 2 over shined ghost! When i saw ghost I was just Meh!!! Dont look good at all!! Dont get me wrong looks great! But you cant say after the hellblade 2 trailer ... ghost looked anything great at that point! Xbox just stole Ghost thunder in a big way!!!

How? Ghost is a game people will experience in a few months and makes it clear what is a CGI scene and what is gameplay.

Hell Blade 2 is a system and unknown time away and gameplay isn't a thing yet. It is just CGI and Live Action video

That name is just awful and likely to be confused with the Xbox One X by non-gamers looking to buy a gift for someone. Even I didn't realise at first that this wasn't related to the Xbox One X in some way. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, it reminds me of the Wii U, even if I'm sure this new Xbox won't have an issue selling like that did.

As for the design of the console, I don't hate it. Just kind of boring I guess? I think it would look dumb if you put it horizontally. :P But eh, I don't really care how consoles look anyway.

I can see some average individuals confusing it with the Xbox One series of consoles. This looks like a newer Xbox One Model and the name doesn't help that. It reminds me of the Wii U as others have said. That was the next major console from Nintendo but the name and it's design just looked like a newer model of the Wii which confused people. Hopefully it doesn't affect Xbox's own success but next major consoles need to stand out. Xbox certainly needs to work on their naming of consoles.

Edited by dottyduke1

Excited as I am for Hellblade II, it doesn't sell me a new Xbox on launch. Neither does a new Halo, since I can get that on my Xbox One. all these studios that Phil is so proud for acquiring should have a stellar launch lineup ready if I'm going to be buying both new systems!

Console is way too big imo. No matter if I put this vertically, horizontally, or chopped it in half, this would not fit in my TV stand. I hope the PS5 is not this big, or it'll be difficult to find a place for it.

I'm also not too keen on the name either. My mom once bought Wii U games for our Wii, so I could definitely see parents buying XB1 games instead of Series X games. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Grammar

The name of this console is my only real problem with this. I mean, you could think of this as another revision of the XB1 with that title. They should’ve called it the “Xbox 1080”.

Speaking of that number, will this support full-HD or will consumers be forced to buy a new TV if they’re not up to date with today’s resolution standards? There are many people I know IRL like myself who are financially stable but can’t afford new products when they don’t need them (a new refrigerator for example, unless it stops functioning correctly).

• Like 2

Well it's Sony's game to lose as far as aesthetics and naming imo now lol ?

They just pulled a Wii U. Good job Microsoft ?

Otherwise I feel like we got to see what the next generation of games can handle and senuas sacrifice 2 looks so damn good, and was running in-engine.

Next gen is really gonna be a beautiful thing, minus the fridge and name for Xbox Series One X... Wait... Xbox X....... Xbox one X.. Series X One Xbox..

Fuckit

Xbox Scarlett (why dont they just keep the damn name Scarlett) 

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Console is way too big imo. No matter if I put this vertically, horizontally, or chopped it in half, this would not fit in my TV stand. I hope the PS5 is not this big, or it'll be difficult to find a place for it.

I'm also not too keen on the name either. My mom once bought Wii U games for our Wii, so I could definitely see parents buying XB1 games instead of Series X games. 

At least it'll be fully compatible with past xbox gens so it won't be a big deal if they buy the wrong console game