The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

3 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I definitely agree with you there, I'd actually like another game with her as the lead character as it worked out really well I thought.

The ending definitely left the door open for more, but also gave enough closure for me to be content if they did not. At the end of Uncharted 4 it was somewhat implied that Sam and Sully would work together on something, so that could be factored in. I'd also like to see Charlie Cutter again. He was in Drake's Deception for the first third only but still managed to become one of my favourite characters. I imagine if they did make a new game it would be either Chloe or Sam as the lead, as Sully's a little old for the climbing sections and Cutter's not as big a character as the rest. Not sure about Nadine. We'll see what happens in the future, ND is all hands on deck with The Last of Us right now so imagine it'll be a while before we hear anything one way or the other.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

The ending definitely left the door open for more, but also gave enough closure for me to be content if they did not. At the end of Uncharted 4 it was somewhat implied that Sam and Sully would work together on something, so that could be factored in. I'd also like to see Charlie Cutter again. He was in Drake's Deception for the first third only but still managed to become one of my favourite characters. I imagine if they did make a new game it would be either Chloe or Sam as the lead, as Sully's a little old for the climbing sections and Cutter's not as big a character as the rest. Not sure about Nadine. We'll see what happens in the future, ND is all hands on deck with The Last of Us right now so imagine it'll be a while before we hear anything one way or the other.

Speaking of Sully though, I always thought of an Uncharted game where we played as him in his younger days would be great.  I have to admit, I'm not particularly fond of Sam - I'm not even sure what it is about him that didn't really click with me.  Playing Lost Legacy has made me want to re-play all the other Uncharted games on this account, great opportunity to do that too with the Remastered collection being on PS+ this month, I adore the series and getting to enjoy it all over again would be amazing.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Speaking of Sully though, I always thought of an Uncharted game where we played as him in his younger days would be great.  I have to admit, I'm not particularly fond of Sam - I'm not even sure what it is about him that didn't really click with me.  Playing Lost Legacy has made me want to re-play all the other Uncharted games on this account, great opportunity to do that too with the Remastered collection being on PS+ this month, I adore the series and getting to enjoy it all over again would be amazing.

I agree that would be interesting, but I feel it'll be unlikely since the movie in development deals with young Drake and Sully (apparently it'll be released this year, but I doubt it. They need to install a revolving door for the people who keep coming and going from the film). I liked Sam well enough, but I thought that his inclusion was a bit of an odd retcon, as he was never mentioned in earlier games. I need to play the series in this account as well, but my backlog is large enough as it is without inflating it further. It's definitely one of my favourite series. The epilogue of Uncharted 4 in which you look back at trinkets from previous games gave me a sense of warm nostalgia and remains one of my favourite moments in fiction.

• Like 2

Sign me up! Awesome idea, sounds super fun,

my list so far:

Lose the Weight - South Park the Fractured But Whole

Focus on Family - The Last of Us

Update Relationship Status - Until Dawn

Go to the Gym - God of War 

Find Time For Yourself - Red Dead Redemption 2 (Poker, Five Finger Fillet, etc.)

Get a Better Job - The Wolf Among Us 

Finish Your Masterpiece - Life is Strange 

Volunteer More - Murdered Soul Suspect

Do Better in School - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Cal is a padawan in hiding and there are the flashbacks where you play as him in training, hope this counts)

Make More Money - not sure yet

I'd like to opt out of the prizes, already have Spiderman and the dlc and don't want the gift card, someone else will appreciate it more :)

• Like 4

Count me in, a great idea!

Lose the Weight

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Cartman
Focus on Family

Severed - Finding out what happened to your family
Update Relationship Status

Stardew Valley - Finding love with one of the towns people
Go to the Gym

God of War - Kratos
Find Time For Yourself

Nier Automata - Fishing
Get a Better Job

Marvel's Spiderman - Reporter by day, super hero by night.
Finish Your Masterpiece

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Grafitti
Volunteer More

Cat Quest - Sidequests
Do Better in School

Final Fantasy VIII - Balamb Garden
Make More Money

Kingdom Hearts - Obtain over 10,000 'Munny'

• Like 4

Great Idea and this work perfect together with my ABC list and unfished games, so I want to join

Go to the Gym – God of War 

Focus on Family Life is Strange 2

Update Relationship Status - Tales of Xillia 2

Find Time For Yourself - World of Final Fantasy (sandstalker

Get a Better Job - XBlaze Code: Embryo

Finish Your Masterpiece - Infamous: Second Son

Volunteer More - Infamous

Do Better in School - Persona 5

Make More Money – Kingdom Hearts

Lose the Weight - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered

• Like 4

Week 2 Update:

Super busy work week for me. Lots of patients, and with that lots of paper work. Had time to finish a quick game and started Phoenix Wright.

Lose Weight: X-Men Origins Wolverine (PS3)

Focus on Family: Broken Age (Vita) 

Update Relationship Status: Detroit: Become Human (PS4) 

Go to the Gym: Captain America: Super Soldier (PS3) :platinum:

Find Time for Yourself: Queens Quest 3 (PS4) :platinum:

Get a Better Job: Phoenix Wright Trilogy (PS4) 

Finish Your Masterpiece: Tearaway: Unfolded (PS4) 

Volunteer More: Murdered Soul Suspect (PS3) 

Do Better in School: Kick-Ass 2 (PS3) 

Make More Money: Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure (PS4) :platinum:

Gonna try and play a case or two a day in Phoenix Wright and finish that off eventually. going on a week long vacation next week for a wedding so this week I’ll try and squeeze in a shorter game like maybe Murdered

• Like 3

First update:

I have finally put together a list but it still might change around a bit. I have also finished my first game of the event in Jump Force

Lose the weight: Dragon Ball Fighter Z

Focus on family: God of War

Update Relation Status: Trails of Cold Steel

Go to the Gym: Dragon Ball Z Kakarot

Find Time For Yourself: Yakuza 3

Get a Better Job: Shenmue

Finish your Masterpiece: Inksplosion

Volunteer More: Tera

Do Better in School: Date a live

Make More Money: Jump Force :platinum:

• Like 4

I'm gonna edit my list a bit since I think that work/school is gonna take up time, and I highly doubt I can plat games like Harvest Moon in a short time frame lol. Here are my edits:

Focus on Family - What Remains of Edith Finch

Go to the Gym - Guilty Gear

My Saints Row IV save had the glitch that won't let me fully upgrade my boss, so that might take longer than I want. I figure the original Guilty Gear is worth a try~

• Like 1