Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

idek if i already sayed something or not but Yes i am getting day 1 bc i can 

also i hope it will have some good online game(s) day 1 because i go through offline games in about 5 to 10 hours & i go through most online games in about 200 to 500 hours then i still usually play them so yh so lets say 1000 hours : ) 

Check my PSN account out : )

It's kinda 50/50 for me. On one hand I really wanna replace my PS4 already since I got it pretty much just a few months after it launched so its quite old, but on another hand I don't think it's really wise to get consoles at launch since there will most likely be launch issues that will become apparent in the first batches of units, also bearing the fact that at the moment, there really isn't much incentive to switch over other than to get a better running console. They need games at launch that will make peple really buy them. I think so far it's just that game Godfall. If they announce FULL PS1,2 and 3 backwards compatibility though that might just push me over...Well, it also depends on the price at the end. If it's another PS3 $600 situation then it's a hard pass.

• Like 1

I hate the idea of a new system being technologically incapable after a few months or a year. I waited 2 years to get the PS4, and kept playing dime-a-dozen games on PS3 to fill the gaps in between, as well as catch up on titles that I never got to touch on the previous gen. Probably will do the same with PS5, especially considering that I have a PC I can game on as well.

It depends on what games will be at the start of PS5 and of course price is very important. The first games on PS4 were Knack and Killzone Shadow Fall. I have never played Killzone because of mixed opinions. Maybe it will be in PS+ and I'll give it a try. Knack was good for me but according to overall opinion it was average game. I hope they will give us Horizon Zero Dawn 2 on the first game, but I doubt it. Rather we will play it in 2021

I still feel my PS4 has a lot of juice left, he's only 2 years old. The only thing that can make me buy day one is an Horizon Zero Dawn 2 reveal, as it is the "oldest" of those big exclusive hits. Other than that, I'm totally fine waiting up until July/2022 or so, I can even make it my bachelor's gift! I just want a reveal, can't stand those minor leaks anymore.

I've never bought one day one, but since my ps4 just died a few weeks ago I've been leaning towards yes. I just need a new hard drive for my ps4 but it's pretty old and I don't seem to trust it anymore. So, instead of buying a new console and the ps5 is compatible with ps4 digital games, I'll probably pick up something day 1 if I find a bundle I like. Before my ps4 died I literally had no interest in the ps5 at all.

1 hour ago, JJTEY14 said:

I've never bought one day one, but since my ps4 just died a few weeks ago I've been leaning towards yes. I just need a new hard drive for my ps4 but it's pretty old and I don't seem to trust it anymore. So, instead of buying a new console and the ps5 is compatible with ps4 digital games, I'll probably pick up something day 1 if I find a bundle I like. Before my ps4 died I literally had no interest in the ps5 at all.

I would just buy another PS4 if I were you.

I’ll most likely be waiting for the later models of the PS5.

Edited by Bliss

4 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

It's backwards compatible with PS4 so you won't need that console anymore, hopefully with the rest too but we'll see.

Will it be compatible with both Disc and Digital PS4 games? And are there any confirmation from Sony or another credible source stating that it is FULLY backwards compatible with PS4?

4 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Will it be compatible with both Disc and Digital PS4 games? And are there any confirmation from Sony or another credible source stating that it is FULLY backwards compatible with PS4?

Yes both will work although they did say that not every single game may be backwards compatible and they're still working on that (i'm guessing maybe the very old PS4 games) but yeah PS4 is pretty much confirmed as they use the same architecture.

I never did get the PS4 - skirted by on my ex-gf's and brother's for just a handful of games - so it would be ideal for me if the PS5 has backwards compatability. However, I'd like it to be for 100% of physical and digital games, and even then, it might be cheaper for me to get a PS4 and wait a few years for the 5 to have had its teething problems (which you know will exist) sorted out.

Early bird gets the worm, but often times the early adopter gets the shaft!

I don't think I have ever purchased a console Day 1, but I did get a PS1 early after launch however.  I usually like to squeeze all the juice out of the lime so to speak with every console I own before I move on...games are usually dirt cheap at that point as well.

Edited by rotoninja