Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

Oof, I got a notification today that Best Buy had attempted to charge my card for the PS5 pre-order and that they blocked it as suspicious activity!  I immediately marked the transaction as approved and called Best Buy and the guy said that they would be trying again within the next 8 hours, but man, I'm already stressed enough about this going smoothly, as we just moved 4 days ago and I had to change my shipping address!  Adding this to the old stress pile is fun!  I did already get my controller and HD camera from Amazon, so the address change went through no problem with that site, so hopefully I'm good!

I was very lucky to able to preorder the ps5 on amazon. It was in the middle of the night on the day before preoders startet. I just wanted to see how the product page looked, and to my suprise it was available. So I thought „why not?“ and placed an order.

The next day I read online what a clusterfuck the whole preorder was and how super lucky I was.

I wanted to wait originally till next year to buy a ps5, but I am not unhappy.

Edited by Ranari_Kai
  • Like 1

I had an email from GAME on Monday saying that I could still get my PS5 pre-order on 19th November depsite non-essential shops not being allowed to open as we begin a month long national lockdown.

I had to go and pay in full for the console and I received a unique number for me to collect my console on the say of release, which involves turning up at the shop and showing my 'ticket' and then them opening the door and handing me my package.

It all sounds a bit dodgy but it is a loophole of sorts and I am grateful for that.

2 weeks from now and I will be unboxing the behemoth that the PS5 is, can't wait.

Edited by Japanime_Gamer
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I would have gotten it day one if I could have secured a pre-order. Planning on getting one at the first opportunity though. 

Hope you find one!  Keep an eye out for the day after retail outlets hand out the pre-orders.  I spoke with an EB Games employee who said that they were going to be making appointments for pre-orders to come in and that anyone who missed their appointment would get their pre-order cancelled and refunded.  They were then going to put those PS5s on the floor for first come first serve on the 13th.  I can't imagine many people would miss their pickup time, but you never know!  Maybe check around and see what other retailers are planning!  Good luck!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

I had an email from GAME on Monday saying that I could still get my PS5 pre-order on 19th November depsite non-essential shops not being allowed to open as we begin a month long national lockdown.

I had to go and pay in full for the console and I received a unique number for me to collect my console on the say of release, which involves turning up at the shop and showing my 'ticket' and then them opening the door and handing me my package.

It all sounds a bit dodgy but it is a loophole of sorts and I am grateful for that.

2 weeks from now and I will be unboxing the behemoth that the PS5 is, can't wait.

same here !!!!!

• Like 1

Very much doubt I'll be buying a PS5 until mid 2022 at the earliest, if even then.  I have more than enough backlogged PS4 games to tide me over until then.

Besides, the PS5 will have literally 2 games available at launch that I would want to play.  By waiting until later, there will be more games available, there will be a newer and improved model by then, it will be cheaper, and all the bugs and problems that the initial wave of PS5s have (and they will have them) will be resolved.  You could literally give me a PS5 for free on launch day and I would just give it back to you.  No interest whatsoever in buying one for at least 18 months, as I said above.

• Like 1

No availability so no.

I would like one at launch because I am going to buy one within the first year anyway so it will be the same price and same model so no benefit to waiting.

It is true that I don’t need to play any PS5 titles at launch so waiting is not a big deal.  I also have a large PS4 backlog but that is a wash.  If I work on that, I just build up a PS5 backlog so it evens out.  There will be the same amount of backlog either way.

• Like 1

Got some mixed feelings now. Kinda want it because of the DualSense, but don't wanna bank that much cash right away. That being said, I'm also concerned if my PS4 Pro will lose too much resell value if I wait much longer. Im my country, the PS5 will launch for the equivalent of US$873, and a second hand PS4 Pro costs about US$483. The large gap looks good enough for me to sell, as I assume there won't be much demand for a PS5 at launch, and I could sell an enhanced last gen experience for a decent buck, add a bit extra cash and get a PS5. My concern is if my country's economy will get a bit better, so the PS5 will become more affordable and an interest on a PS4 Pro would be close to zero because of the smaller gap in price. HELP ?

I've never really understood the "I have a backlog of PS4 games to work through and there's nothing much for PS5 at launch" argument.  I can see money being an issue, but if your only reason for not getting a PS5 is the PS4 backlog, why wouldn't you want to play those PS4 games on a machine with much shorter load times and performance?

• Like 2

I by some miracle managed to grab a pre order at Amazon, this will be my very first console I will (hopefully anyway I'm not celebrating until it turns up!) be getting on release day. With the way this year has gone it has just been so nice to have something to actually look forward to. ? I won't be packing away my PS4 or PS3 just yet though!