New PSN Profiles for PS5

theSpirae

its a waste of time to start a new profile every time I really dislike ppl who change their id name a lot how about starting a new id ... a new start for a stupid reason that's mean they don't really have any goal in this life or they are not confident they always will change id names no personality.

I have too many PSN IDs different names and regions for buying games only. I enjoy creating rare names ?

My answer is no. I will spend my time only on one main account (Naomie_Len) even if I have too many different nicknames.

Edited by Naomie_Len
  • Like 1

I can't see why I would, honestly. Each to their own mind you.

I have had this account for 10 years now and it has a lot of memories, time and some very rare versions of games such as my "Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs" in which I'm one of only 8 people who have it and some world-first trophies.

Not to mention all the money that has gone into it too and you never know going forward if a developer decides to do what CD Project Red has with Cyberpunk and Xbox there may be carryover discounted or free PS5 versions as well as potentially bringing some of my saves cross from PS3/4 to 5

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 3:08 AM, jnf said:

doesn't seem liable to lose that much progress. I have bunch of progress on the PlayStation 3 that i've not synced but those stamps are all blank as I didn't hook my PlayStation to internet for years and once I did it kept resetting the date when I turned it off. Which ended up being the result of a bad battery inside the console.

So there a chance most the games I played on the previous generation could be gone if the console decides thier corrupted upon sync. But honestly I wouldn't be able to go on leader boards unless I hide all those blank time stamps anyways so i'm not overly worried if I lose that progress. As for ps4 I've not really played on that much as of yet so see how that goes for me, Hopefully playstation 5 gonna be good.

I have a ton of blank time stamps from playing Ps3 on release  myself and its no issue at all.

a lot of older games from before psnprofiles/trophies had timestamps are still counted on your profile, from what I can see.

also the power supply should be easy enough to replace on ps3, if that is an issue you’re facing.

I'm not against creating a new account, I mean people already have plenty for many reasons, but I do think it is a mistake thinking it has power to fix things on a fundamental level or give answers to some kind of existential crisis with games/trophies. If you're not happy with your gaming habbits now, there's no need to wait for PS5 to think why it might be so.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 10:46 AM, Eienshi-Ita said:

I have a ton of blank time stamps from playing Ps3 on release  myself and its no issue at all.

a lot of older games from before psnprofiles/trophies had timestamps are still counted on your profile, from what I can see.

also the power supply should be easy enough to replace on ps3, if that is an issue you’re facing.

not the power supply, it's the little battery inside, in newer models its same as watch battery but in the 60GB models its got some green plastic with wires so I havn't played with it.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it would be about a revamp for the profile screen via the PS5 XMB. Which is something I actually wouldn't mind.

But just ditching my old ass account for a new for basically no damn reason? Nah.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XXlIIll said:

I've just started a fresh new account. Sold my 2 PS4'S and a PS3 plus over 300 games for £800. Bought myself a PSVITA and 241 games for it

jesus christ, I'm feeling a mixture of "why!!!!!????" and "sweet, a Vita with a lot of games". congratulations. you found a way to start fresh with a good reason behind. Enjoy your Vita ?❤

• Like 1

10 hours ago, XXlIIll said:

For the most part is because I love visual novels and the Vita has plenty of them also a lot of great indie games I can't wait to play. Reason for getting rid of my PS4 and PS3 was because I got really bored of the AAA games they just feel like the same game over and over again.

I guess... but most indie games are cross-buy compatible. You buy once then get it on both the ps4 *and* the vita, sometimes ps3 too.

The trophies stack sometimes too.

I personally just bought the limited edition Death Road to Canada physical for ps4, Hotline miami Ps4, and have seen a shitton of great indie games on ps4/vita. For sure though, the ps4 is lacking visual novels.

I feel you just have to look. 

On the other hand, Ps4 also has absolute garbage like Kaiseki Spear of Destiny.....

I guess personally, I’d just feel like Id be losing money if I sold any of my consoles. Even if they dont work, I scrap them for parts for the ones that still do.

11 hours ago, jnf said:

not the power supply, it's the little battery inside, in newer models its same as watch battery but in the 60GB models its got some green plastic with wires so I havn't played with it.

damn, that might either require desolder-resoldering a new one, or maybe the plastic comes off to get access to the battery? Either way, thats gonna be a huge pain.

Edited by Eienshi-Ita
  • Like 1