Ratalaika has published 72 games and many have received positive reviews from critics

usapro2017

Almost none of the games Ratalaika published are of any interest to me. They basically ripped off long time franchises such as Mega Man and Mario. I have to speak against the developers on that, not the publisher.

I'm pretty certain Steam and Switch have more activity for these games anyway. People on those platforms don't give any shits about achievements or trophies. Our feedback doesn't matter to them anyway.

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sony doesn't give a shit about trophy integrity so they won't ever regulate Ratalaika's business practices. What Ratalaika has done is make the value of platinum trophy count meaningless by giving people access to cheap games that have brainlessly easy platinums. In the past the easiest plats were on visual novel games that were exclusively available in Japan and most of those games costed around $100 to buy, now you can buy cheap Ratalaika games on the PSN store and they go on sale often. Either way, nobody will think that you played a Ratalaika game because critics liked it. Most of the Ratalaika games don't require you to complete the entire story mode to get the platinum so I'd say of course people are gonna shit on the game when they didn't have to experience the whole thing to platinum it.

It lost value the moment you could stack Sound Shapes six times, which I ended up paying four times over to gain access to all of them.

Achievements and trophies back in 2005 - 2012 served as accomplishments, because a lot of PS3/360 generation games had extensive multiplayer requirements that often had players playing for dozens of hours at a time.

Look at the original Red Dead Redemption. One trophy requires you to be in a posse of eight people, and that's required for the platinum. The trophy Kingpin requires no less than nine players all participating in Land Grab. Pa Poker Ace requires you to win a poker game with the blinds at maximum with the max amount of players. That trophy alone can take hours to get.

There is nothing today in the AAA gaming realm with requirements like that, unless the game was designed from the ground up to be a multiplayer only game. So games in general have gotten a lot easier, not just in gaming mechanics but also with achievement/trophy requirements.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Hey now, those java games were great.

You take that back

Yeah they were great for early 2000s miniclip quality. Fucking Yeti Sports is pure gold compared to some of the crap being released on ps4 in the recent time. And one of the comments above almost killed me:

26 minutes ago, Sword said:

You actually have to finish the whole game and get all the secret endings too.

It's kinda funny finishing a game from Rat is something special for a trophy list of theirs, so it has to be mentioned :D Trophy hunting for the last few years in a nutshell.

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Another one of those threads trying to find a delusional excuse for the worst case of obvious trophy addiction?

Let me tell you something: if you play for a high trophy count, I simply feel sorry for you.

There is 2 options for all of you guys pumping up your numbers with those shitty games:

a - You play for leaderboards

b - You play for your own personal trophy number

Guess what: if you play for leaderboards, nobody gives a crap about the number of cheap plats unless you are ranked in the top 10 worldwide, even then only Hakoom is kinda known by others. So reason A is pointless.

If you play those crappy games for your own virtual dick enlargement I feel even more sorry for you, in a few years while others will remember the fun they had with great games, having great story or gameplay, your memories will be full of cheap ass games which have the quality of a java game from the early 2000s.

And yeah I know some people will come with the usual "play what you want" bullshit again and I agree, play what you want, but at some point you will realise your own problem.

P.S. If you want to quote me just to tell me what I just said (let people play what they want), don't even bother. Will not respond to that.

Very few people bother to look at each other's accounts, I only really look at them for possible recommendations of certain genres of games I'm interested in.

I've said it for a long time, trophy hunting for numbers is pointless. Hakoom plays around 12 - 15 hours every single day, he runs a trophy hunting service, and he likely has other guys go on his account to game share/earn trophies for him. So reason A was already pointless from the get go. What Roughdawg4 and MrUnknown are doing is absolutely fucking pointless.

I found only one or two guys in the top 50 on the leaderboards who didn't have a bunch of easy shit spammed on their profiles. I realized my problem when I stacked Sound Shapes six stacks. That was in 2017. Since then I've gone to playing games I want to play, and not let an easy trophy list dictate what you want to play.

Ultra Rare hunters are also pointless. There's always going to be someone better, I think Zajac can attest to that.

Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days before achievements. No social media integration, no online co-op, hell not even multiplayer. Just you, the game and some classic couch co-op with some friends. That was the way gaming was meant to be.

17 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Also great memories inbound from flash games

I never had more fun than in the late 90s when I was publishing on Newgrounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Very few people bother to look at each other's accounts, I only really look at them for possible recommendations of certain genres of games I'm interested in.

I've said it for a long time, trophy hunting for numbers is pointless. Hakoom plays around 12 - 15 hours every single day, he runs a trophy hunting service, and he likely has other guys go on his account to game share/earn trophies for him. So reason A was already pointless from the get go. What Roughdawg4 and MrUnknown are doing is absolutely fucking pointless.

I found only one or two guys in the top 50 on the leaderboards who didn't have a bunch of easy shit spammed on their profiles. I realized my problem when I stacked Sound Shapes six stacks. That was in 2017. Since then I've gone to playing games I want to play, and not let an easy trophy list dictate what you want to play.

Ultra Rare hunters are also pointless. There's always going to be someone better, I think Zajac can attest to that.

Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days before achievements. No social media integration, no online co-op, hell not even multiplayer. Just you, the game and some classic couch co-op with some friends. That was the way gaming was meant to be.

Well, you could just disable trophy notifications and just play single player games and it would feel like the older days.

I know what you mean though, I havr been playing a lot of Switch and Megadrive/SNES recently and it's nice playing for fun and not worrying about trophies.

Edited by usapro2017
  • Like 1

Spaz I have seen you in recent months go for some really difficult trophies, and good on to you.

However:-

> It lost value the moment you could stack Sound Shapes six times, which I ended up paying four times over to gain access to all of them.

I guess the important question is why did you feel to the need to buy all these stacks?

Just don't worry about shit or games with easy trophies. The flood gates are open now, have been for years, there are games with easy trophies released every week now, you either join in with everyone and buy all these games wasting time or money. Or just sit back and enjoy games.

Get off the leaderboard trophy hunting game man, it's just not worth it.

• Like 1

I actually like the games they put out. Yes the trophies are extremely easy to get and no their games won't take you 50 hours to finish. But sometimes I don't have alot of time. I like playing for like 30 mins and finishing a game when I don't have much time. It's short fun. And these games are GREAT for short bursts of fun! They are very cheap! Usually under $5! Give a couple a try. You'll probably enjoy them for what they are! Unless you are die hard only get the hardest trophies and everything else is trash kinda person. Then you won't like the games. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Lol. Lets be real, people (on this site) purchase Ratalaika games for the plats only.

nah, just twitter sweepstakes. there's this girl who gives away game codes by doing absolutely nothing, just post a quick review in your profile and that's it. at least, that how it was a few years ago, when I cared about these. I don't know now.

don't quote me asking about this, thanks.

1) I don't really care about the leaderboard. It's neat to look at on occasion -  but I don't invest much into it.

That being said, 90%+ platinum games are pretty gross to me. I feel like they create a really unhealthy addiction for a lot of people that feel the compulsive need to make the numbers on their profile go higher and higher. I already know the responses I'll get to this "it's a trophy forum, what do you expect?", and "why do you care about other peoples profiles just let everyone do their thing". Cool. I'm not calling for them to be banned. But I think it's fine to have the opinion the over-whelming majority of these games are lame - and while they're cheap at $2-$5, with how frequently games go on sale, you can get very reputable games for that cheaply. 

If someone has "Cat Quest" in their profile, cool, I've actually heard good things about it - but if I see an account with 30+ 95%+ rarity platinums I just sorta wonder what they trophy hunt for given it's less of a hunt and more of a "trophy placed in a silver spoon". 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Anyone played FoxyLand? I might give that game a try. 

I did. First levels are easy, then there is little difficulty increasement but nothing bad. 

As someone said before, there's nothing bad with the games the thing is that most of them doesn't require you to complete the game to earn the platinum. However, many games are made by other developers, Ratalaika just port the games. 

From the Ratalaika games I played one of them could be an ultra rare platinum if they didn't add a character that is invincible when attacking, that game is Blasting Agent. I Iried Hard mode with the starting character but couldn't get past the second boss, and the third boss is virtually impossible to beat with him. So, I followed the trophy guide and choose the other character (unlocked by completing the game on normal) and while I "died" several times during the boss fights, I could still complete the game on hard. If there weren't a second playable character, there would be very, very few platinum achievers.

I know the PS4 versions of One More Dungeon have a very rare platinum, unlike their Vita counterparts, but that's it.

Maybe if they actually forced you to complete the game for their games, their platinums would be mostly rare or uncommon.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, realm722 said:

That being said, 90%+ platinum games are pretty gross to me. I feel like they create a really unhealthy addiction for a lot of people that feel the compulsive need to make the numbers on their profile go higher and higher.

The above quote makes it sound like you're attacking anyone with a 90%+ completion rate, but you have a 95% completion rate

34 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

The above quote makes it sound like you're attacking anyone with a 90%+ completion rate, but you have a 95% completion rate

I believe he means games where 90 or more people out of 100 have earned the platinum, not necessarily a profile with a high completion rate.

We should play what we want and earn the trophies that we want to earn while we still can. Stop fighting, start gaming. Because as we all know, Sony does not give a shit about trophies anymore. And we also know what happens when Sony does not give a shit about something anymore, it goes away. (In fact, are we even sure that the PS5 will still have trophies? ;) I honestly have no idea because I do not follow any leaks or rumours).

In defense of this one publisher, it's one of a very few amount that still actually cares about trophies when it comes to selling their games. For bigger publishers the trophy list is just another box to tick before they can release their game. Adding good or bad lists, quick or long plats, it does not matter because it does little to nothing to their sales. They would probably be glad to be rid of the system to save some time and money on development and QA.

Long story short, enjoy this while you still can. ;)

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Just don't worry about shit or games with easy trophies. The flood gates are open now, have been for years, there are games with easy trophies released every week now, you either join in with everyone and buy all these games wasting time or money. Or just sit back and enjoy games.

Get off the leaderboard trophy hunting game man, it's just not worth it.

Games with easy trophies =/= Bad games.

I have some very easy games that I enjoyed. The Little Acre, Deponia, Clockwork: Tales of Glass & Ink, and so forth. Those are completely fine and well.

The people who buy the crappiest games out there that are Little Adventure on the Prairie quality and Orc Slayer quality, purely and specifically for the trophies, are wasting their time and money. I don't do that anymore, and I haven't done so for three years now.

Somewhere between the PS3 heydays and the PS4 midcycle, the floodgates got opened. Sony shouldn't treat their PS4 and PS5 consoles like Steam. Look at the PS3 library then compare it to the PS4 library and tell me they care about quality control.

I don't play for rankings. It's just happenstance I'm in the top 6000.

1 hour ago, realm722 said:

1) I don't really care about the leaderboard. It's neat to look at on occasion -  but I don't invest much into it.

That being said, 90%+ platinum games are pretty gross to me. I feel like they create a really unhealthy addiction for a lot of people that feel the compulsive need to make the numbers on their profile go higher and higher. I already know the responses I'll get to this "it's a trophy forum, what do you expect?", and "why do you care about other peoples profiles just let everyone do their thing". Cool. I'm not calling for them to be banned. But I think it's fine to have the opinion the over-whelming majority of these games are lame - and while they're cheap at $2-$5, with how frequently games go on sale, you can get very reputable games for that cheaply. 

If someone has "Cat Quest" in their profile, cool, I've actually heard good things about it - but if I see an account with 30+ 95%+ rarity platinums I just sorta wonder what they trophy hunt for given it's less of a hunt and more of a "trophy placed in a silver spoon". 

Well said.

• Like 2