A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

My friend talked me into getting Outriders so I think I'm going to swap Monster Hunter World: Iceborne for Outriders since I know it'll be a faster and more relaxing platinum than MHW: Iceborne. 

I'm not actually sure when I'll return to MHW: Iceborne... I've been feeling really... burnt out on trophies? It's weird. I've been doing a lot of reflecting on my account & why I trophy hunt and I realize I put way too much stock into what other people "care" about my account recently which seems hypocritical considering all the advice I try to give people. After thinking about it for awhile it just kinda sunk me into a sad state where I just haven't played much. :(

But with Outriders coming up and a chance to get to play with some friends, I'm hoping that things turn around! :) 

Edit:

So my list would look like this now:

✯  Level 1  ✯

✅ Monster Hunter World (PS4) // 3-16-2021 

✯  Level 2  ✯

➳ Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4) > Outriders (PS4) (Comes out 4/1/2021) SWAP GAME

➳ Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4)

✯  Level 3  ✯

➳ Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4)

➳ Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4) 

➳ Lego: The Hobbit (PS4)

✯  Level 4  ✯

➳ CrossCode (PS4)

➳ Tales of Vesperia (PS4)

➳ Tales of Berseria (PS4)

➳ Tales of Zesteria (PS4)

✯  Level 5  ✯

➳ Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remaster (PS4)

➳ Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4)

➳ Star Ocean: Till The End of Time (PS4)

➳ Star Ocean: First Departure R (PS4)

➳ The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS4)

Edited by Sword
  • Like 4

It's one of those games where you have to connect to their servers with a constant connection, but it can be played solo or with up to 3 people. Game itself isn't anything impressive from what I've seen so far (like a mix of Destiny and Borderlands maybe), but my friend was getting it and since it looks like an easy platinum I figured I'd play along with him. 

Level 1

Spiderman Spider-Man: Miles Morales ps4  plat

Level 2

Life is strange 1 ps3 plat 

Sly cooper 1  vita plat 

Level 3

Sly cooper 2 vita plat

Calbel's African adventures ps3 plat 

Ghostbusters ps4 remaster plat

Level 4 

concrete genie ps4 plat

Ice age 3 dawn of the dinosaurs ps3 plat, a game i started with 1 percent over 12 years ago

Back to the future ps4 plat

Tekken 6 ps3 plat

Level 5

Tekken 7 ps4 pat

MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR - GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION ps4 plat only

Lego city undercover ps4 been on my playlist a while

Assassin creed 2 ps4 plat

Horizon zero dawn ps4 plat only

Update4, sly cooper 1 is finished on vita, it was a little harder than the ps one due to screen size being an problem for my big hands. i am taking a sly cooper break. not sure what i work on now. i have swap MK11 for concrete genie. 

• Like 3

@arsenal4life1471  Yep that answered my question, I was thinking about using one for my switch as I wanted to take one of my long games off this pyramid and move it to the next one.  I was starting to plan out my next pyramid, probably a bit early but I love to over plan things lol.  And I didn't want to put all 3 deponia games have on one pyramid as it would feel cheap to me to do that.  Since they are overly challenging or long games.  

Mini end of the week update from me.

Due to my anniversary being last week I didn't make much progress since I was giving most of my time to my wife.  I did just this last Friday select and start my next game in the pyramid since my wife said since I was a good boy up until then I was free to play on the weekend.  (Yea!!)  I started Lost Dimension (PS3) from my fifth level.  I did late last night manage to get the first playthrough complete, and am now working on the platinum which I hope will be complete later today maybe tomorrow depending on how work goes today since I haven't read an email in 11 business days and probably have a crap ton of things to attend today.

And that is another Platinum in the bank.  

Lost Dimension (PS3) is now fully complete and platinumed.  It wasn't a bad little game, it had some good anime style cut scenes, the story was decent and held my attention.  The music was great and never felt like I was listening to a 20 sec loop on repeat for hours. It did require a minimum of 2 playthroughs to plat, since some side missions and the true true ending don't unlock until ng+.  I don't mind that at all, the RNG was a pain in my backside.  So throughout the game levels of the tower you are trying to get to the top off to stop the bad guy, in order to progress to the next one you have to find the traitor on your team, convince your teammate that person is the traitor, then vote them out.  All good, except you have to get max affinity with each person (not in the same playthrough at least) in order to get the true true ending in ng+.  Well the problem is right before you vote, the game decides who will be the traitor for the next level then, and when you start a ng+ it decides before you go into the final boss battle, the unskippable end credits, and intro tutorial for yes even the ng+.  I mean really I already know how to play I loaded from a clear save file come on.  So if you get to the point where you figure out who the traitor is for the level you are on and it turns out to be one of the people you are still doing the affinity quests for well time to go restart the level before if you remembered to copy a save to the cloud or usb first for just this occasion.  Since you can't get max affinity for any of your team until you are on the 4th level you can get screwed a few times over with the RNG monster.  So much fun...  only took me 7 hours of restarting, playing a bit finding the traitor, then reloading doing it again.  (most of these were ng+ restarts as it kept loving to pick one of the 3 people I needed still out of the 10 possible options).   Now there are a few people who argue well you don't have to do this, you can not select the traitor for elimination and let them move on, get your max affinity and then just do another playthrough.  And this would be ok except when you go to the final battle, they turn on you and you have to fight them all kited out along side the final boss....  oh well it was a minor inconvenience at best and I did this while on meetings all morning for work anyways.  So I am willing to over look it.  I give the game a 7/10 rating overall as the RNG hurt it a bit, and all the none skippable scenes in the beginning and end.  

LEVEL ONE
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa :platinum: (PS4) Fun story interesting concept for doing the multiple playthroughs 7/10 rating.

LEVEL TWO
Final Fantasy 15  :platinum: (PS4) visually stunning, but lots of fluff and bland story 6/10 rating.
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4)

LEVEL THREE
inFamous Second Son :platinum: (PS4) 8/10 rating.
Record of Agarest war 2
:platinum: (PS3) Nostalgic sprite models, and decent story 7/10 rating.
Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR
Darksiders (PS3)

Detroit Become Human :platinum: (PS4)
Time and Eternity (PS3)
Thief (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below :platinum: (PS4) 6/10 rating.

Lost Dimension :platinum: (PS3) 7/10 rating.

Murdered Soul Suspect :platinum:(PS4) Fun and interesting story, little too much on collectables 8/10 rating.
Drive Girls (Vita)

Song of Memories (PS4)

For my next game I am leaning towards drive girls or darksiders,  and still considering switching out either thief or trails of cold steel 4 for the first deponia game.  (the game I switch out will go into the next pyramid)

Good luck to all my pyramid peers out there, and may the POWER OF THE PRYAMID guide you to success.

• Like 3

Update for me since it's been about a month since I've posted on here. Still playing basically all backlog games atm but I just haven't had ANY motivation to play any of the last 5 games on my pyramid lol. I started Far Cry 3  a couple of weeks ago and made it about half way through game but ended up putting it down to play some new games on Switch (mainly Hades & Monster Hunter Rise). Then I got wrapped up beating people asses on UFC 4 for a few days and now I'm ready to get back to FC3, hoping to have it beat with the plat by this weekend. 

Spoiler

Level 1

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning :platinum: (100%)

Level 2

Call of Cthulhu :platinum: (100%)

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)  

Level 3

MediEvil :platinum: (100%)

GreedFall

Dragon's Crown (Vita) (30%)

Level 4

Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5) :platinum: (100%)

Far Cry 3: Classic Edition (46%) In progress...

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5) (80%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (Vita) (There's 2 games in this collection so I'm counting them separately) :platinum: (100%)

Level 5

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5) (47%)

Borderlands 3 (15%)

The Division 2 (14%)

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider :platinum: (100%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita) (100%) (100%)

• Like 2

@arsenal4life1471 Thanks for letting us know. It's really unfortunate, as I was actually really considering a PS3 to play some old Tales games. Now it seems like that's going to be a fruitless effort. I really don't wanna get physical copies of games and some games I was looking at were digital only, so ugh... 

Thanks for the update @arsenal4life1471. It's such a shame how shitty Sony has treated the Vita during it's life span. I'm a late adopter but I've been having a blast with it the whole 1 year I've owned it. Luckily for me I started panic buying physical games last year (30ish so far) because I had a feeling this day would come sooner rather than later lol. I've only got around 5-6 more vita games I want to pick up before the shut down (probably more once I see some list of vita gems I've never heard of). I'm planning on making a proper list this weekend and dropping some stimmy money on some digital games, will update my pyramid once I figure out what to swap though. 

8 hours ago, Arethien said:

@arsenal4life1471 That's a great idea with a PS3 and Vita additional swap! I was actually in small panic mode that because of one particular LONG game in my piramid I won't be able to cleanly jump onto my PS3 clean up. I need to clear this pyramid asap and make another with maybe more PS3/Vita games. But I was actually worried about my Telltales physical season pass discs. Don't they need PS Store to download episodes not on disc?

...and ...my much loved kitty passed away. Only games left for me now... 1f62d.png

i am sorry about your cat, i lost my dog a almost a year ago. regarding your question, if you brought the episodes of the game it should show up in your download list even after the store close

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (ps3)  (100%)

LEVEL TWO

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4 (ps4)  (93%)

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 (ps4)  (100%) SWAP

LEVEL THREE

For Honor (ps4) (80%)

Ben 10 (ps4) (82%)
Lego Star wars 3 Clone wars (ps3) (100%)

LEVEL FOUR
Mafia 3 (Ps4)  (92%)

Ace Attorney (Ps4) (93%)

Doom (Ps4) (32%)

Tekken (Ps4) (100%)

LEVEL FIVE

Rainbow Six Siege (ps4) (81%)

Detroit Become Human (ps4) (88%)

Sly 2 (ps3) (37%) SWAP RIP PS3

My Hero One Justice (ps4) (100%)

Crash Bandicoot (ps4) (53%)

COMPLETED GAMES:10

PLATED GAMES:6

TOTAL POINT TALLY (if im not wrong)- 22

Edited by Darkkingyy1
  • Like 2

@Darkkingyy1 your the first to use the swap !!

@Arethien This may just help you out if you are going to use this swaps make sure you use swap out the longest games!! :) IF your worried about those telltale games i would maybe download them so your sure they all work but im sure its not a necessity but it may give you a bit of piece of mind.

@FFATMA This is your chance to come back lol

@Pray_4_the_End Well the swaps are there if you do jump into a purchase.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

1 Normal swap per pyramid

1 Ps5 swap when you get a Ps5/have one already and not used it yet (the swap that is)

And now.

1 Ps3 store closing swap. ( Must be a purchase from the Ps3 store only Basically no physical.) (Available till 2nd July 2021)

1 Ps vita store closing swap. (Must be a purchase from the Ps vita store only Basically no physical) (Available Till 28th August 2021)

Thanks for the update @arsenal4life1471 I was actually spending most of last night when I noticed the sony webpage officially updated the closure info going through my backlog of ps3 games to make sure I had all the dlc purchased for any physical game I had started but never finished, and those I had but never opened yet.  I am doing vita games tonight.  I wish they would have given us more like 6 months before the closure, or at least run one last sale.

11 hours ago, Arethien said:

...and ...my much loved kitty passed away. Only games left for me now... 1f62d.png

Sorry to hear this, it is always hard to lose a long time much loved pet. 

• Like 1