What the?...

RoxasOnFire

If it was just a name change, wouldn't the list be auto-populated with people who played these? Seems to me that they updated the current trophy lists with the new logo and name, AND are going to re-issue the games as separate entries.

Edited by NewDust
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

So instead of just updating the existing PS4 list (that should have just been merged with the original PS3 list in the first place) they instead split it off to another separate list for the exact same PS4 game, then split that list off again for another region. This level of disorganization is just funny to me at this point. I guess 2K Games has been getting trophy list advice from sholvelware list makers :facepalm: 

It should absolutely have not been linked to the same list as the PS3 version, BioShock 2 removed the entire MP mode and DLC, which would've made the plat/100% impossible for people who only have the PS4 version.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I haven't seen anything about this and am 100% okay with playing it for a third time. 

Yeah when I saw it on Gamstat a few days back, I was confused. http://web.archive.org/web/20200519000426/https://gamstat.com/games/tracker/

Koi2V4a.png

I was thinking it was a publisher change or something, but I guess standalone makes sense. Haven't seen anything on a new Infinite release. Being the case, I'd think the two sets for 1 and 2 are WW and JP, yes?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DeejBruce said:

It's the same list, They just renamed the list so for some reason it's showing up as a new list.

No, there's two separate lists for each game. 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10871-bioshock-2-remastered https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10873-bioshock-2-remastered https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5286-bioshock-2

So, even if the OG list was renamed and pushed with a new name, there's still a second list. 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman

Just now, Kent10201 said:

The list has changed to the new list on PSN though. The old list only exists on PSNP. 

So what you're saying is, the old list can't be earned anymore, and that the two new lists would be based on the region of the user? Hmm I never seen any trophyset behave that way.

Just now, ArmoredSnowman said:

So what you're saying is, the old list can't be earned anymore, and that the two new lists would be based on the region of the user? Hmm I never seen any trophyset behave that way.

I have no idea. The old list on PSN has been updated to the new list, so the old list no longer exists on PSN. But does this mean that any trophies earned now will go to the new list or the original list on PSNP? If the old list becomes unobtainable because of this that's complete and utter bullshit. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kent10201 said:

I have no idea. The old list on PSN has been updated to the new list, so the old list no longer exists on PSN. But does this mean that any trophies earned now will go to the new list or the original list on PSNP? If the old list becomes unobtainable because of this that's complete and utter bullshit. 

Okay, the new games have new titleids, as seen with my previous post, therefore, I don't believe that people would get the new lists without buying the new games. I see someone has earned trophies for the OG list an hour ago. I think, the OG lists have been renamed to Remastered as well, and PSNProfiles aka @BlindMango would need to rescan those lists. If I'm correct, there should be 6 lists all saying "Remastered".Surely, Mango can check their NPWR ids and see that they're different trophysets?Koi2V4a.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Okay, the new games have new titleids, as seen with my previous post, therefore, I don't believe that people would get the new lists without buying the new games. I see someone has earned trophies for the OG list an hour ago. I think, the OG lists have been renamed to Remastered as well, and PSNProfiles aka @BlindMango would need to rescan those lists. If I'm correct, there should be 6 lists all saying "Remastered".Surely, Mango can check their NPWR ids and see that they're different trophysets?Koi2V4a.png

I didn't think of this possibility. I think you may be right. That certainly lessens my concern so thanks. Hopefully you are correct.

• Like 1

I'm sure 2K will announce something soon - or it'll just pop up on the PSN store - but these lists are NOT the games we already own, even if the images have changed on PSN in your lists.

That's not how the trophies on PSN and how they pull through to here works.

Each game has it's own CUSA code, an individual reference which tells PSN what the game is. These two (well four) games have different codes to the original games which were part of the collection - meaning these are 'new' editions of the game. So, My guess, as I said before, is a split individual version of each title (as they were previously sold as a double pack, two games coming under the same CUSA code). Splitting them into two new codes means they can be listed and sold as two individual games.

The only other time something like this is done is when a game launches in different regions (creating a stack) and the publisher chose to have separate lists rather than merging them (as long as the content is 1:1 the same), or in the case of things like The Witcher 3, where the GOTY edition had the DLC on the disc rather than a code. This meant the base code for that game was different to the base code of The Witcher 3 which came out before it, thus it got a new reference CUSA and a new trophy list.

We'll find out soon, I imagine, but I can guarantee that these aren't the 'double collection' disc and digital download which came out a few years ago - even though the content is probably going to be identical, these are individual versions - like the Nathan Drake collection (only they merged the lists rather than giving the new CUSA a new list.

11 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Has anyone tried earning a trophy in the new list if they have already started the old list? I think that would answer a few questions.

It won't unlock trophies on these lists - the games we currently own don't link to these CUSA references, meaning these are new versions of the same games.

I've just grabbed my EU version of the collection - both Bioshock 1 and 2 came under the CUSA CUSA-03985 and infinite was CUSA-03986

However, The 'new' listing for Bioshock is CUSA-13058 and Bioshock 2 is CUSA-13059 - they have been split up, they are now single entities, thus new trophy lists - they are nothing to do with the original collection double-disc. :)

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Has anyone tried earning a trophy in the new list if they have already started the old list? I think that would answer a few questions.

I don't think it's possible for an existing game to switch to a brand new trophy list after release.

What's happened here is that the standalone versions have separate trophy lists, and at the same time the original list has had its name and picture updated to match them. Games have their names and profile pictures changed all the time. It never creates a new list or confuses PSNP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reiner- said:

Because Infinite sucks ballz.

Nooooo, I liked Infinite, people are too harsh.

So what's the deal with this - is this a new game or it's just the BioShock Collection on PS4 that (strangely?) got a new trophy list title on this site? Wouldn't it be kind of weird to make a Remastered version, if that's the deal then they're REALLY stretching this series out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlindMango said:

So instead of just updating the existing PS4 list (that should have just been merged with the original PS3 list in the first place) they instead split it off to another separate list for the exact same PS4 game, then split that list off again for another region. This level of disorganization is just funny to me at this point. I guess 2K Games has been getting trophy list advice from sholvelware list makers :facepalm: 

I have been emailing all the devs and telling them "@BlindMango hates it when..."

It is surprising how much influence I have (or maybe it's the $$$ I stuff in the envelope)

Anyway, you're welcome, and enjoy the weekend ?

• Like 4

If this is indeed not another stack and just simply updating the game icon for trophies then I guess that’s okay? Another trophy stack for the BioShock games seems a tad ridiculous at this point...although I’d welcome it as it’s my favorite game series ?

• Like 2

Just now, HoorayForTyler said:

If this is indeed not another stack and just simply updating the game icon for trophies then I guess that’s okay? Another trophy stack for the BioShock games seems a tad ridiculous at this point...although I’d welcome it as it’s my favorite game series ?

I mean, Bio2 and Infinite only has 2 lists and Bio1 only has 3. Compared to something like Root Letter which has something between 10-20 (and, btw, its a good game, but doing it 10 times... no thanks), 3-4 is hardly much.