The most Expensive Game you ever bought

LoveInHell

1 hour ago, Crzy Minus said:

Any new release in Canada when the game costs $80 with tax.

Actually I have a better answer:

Destiny 1

Base game at launch - $80

The Dark Below expansion - $20

The House of Wolves expansion - $20

The Taken King expansion - $50

The Rise of Iron expansion - $40

-

Total - $210

Maybe I spent more or less, but if I remember correctly that's how much I approximately spent. Mind as well include Destiny 2 in there too for the same reason, which might've been more expensive than 1.

Edited by Crzy Minus

35 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Definitely. The Souls series is my all time favourite game series and I took a week off work to play DS3 on day one. The only thing that sucks is where I currently live I have no where to display all my statues from all my collectors editions. However I wouldn’t spend that much money on a game these days.

Aaaah, I'm sure you'll have space one day to put up your statues. I wish I had the money and space to buy statues of game and anime characters but I don't. It's always impressive to see someone's room and you see game characters and/or anime characters statues collection, it's a really nice thing to have.

Edited by LoveInHell

Any of the SNES games I bought in the 90’s when they were $70-$80 new. ie Illusion of Gaia, Final Fantasy III, Earthbound. Aside from Civilizations II, III, or IV with all the expansions on PC, I’ve never again spent more than that on one game. Never been a cheaper time to be a gamer considering inflation!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Any of the SNES games I bought in the 90’s when they were $70-$80 new. ie Illusion of Gaia, Final Fantasy III, Earthbound. Aside from Civilizations II, III, or IV with all the expansions on PC, I’ve never again spent more than that on one game. Never been a cheaper time to be a gamer considering inflation!

That's true. I remember my mom watching me play the Sega Genesis collection (that was like $20 on the PS3 at the time) and commented that she remembered Vectorman 2 costing $70 dollars back in the day. 

Kind of hard to believe it seeing the prices of them now. Haha.

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever spent more than $100-$120 for a single game (& that's very rarely). Two of the more recent ones were the Limited Edition of Azur Lane: Crosswave, & Disgaea 1 Complete: Rosen Queen's Finest Edition. :hmm:

FullSet.png

d1c_ps4_esrb_full_trans_1.png

• Like 2

After doing some digging for the prices paid for some Japanese LEs, looks like this one is the most expensive:

the-legend-of-heroes-hajimari-no-kiseki-

With shipping and everything it ended up being $135.  Already paid for it despite it being a preorder because I'm in good shape financially right now and don't know when CS4 in English is coming out.  But me buying expensive LEs isn't too weird.

Most I've paid for a standard edition of a game would be Phantasy Star IV.  That one had a MSRP of $100 back in the day, though with me shopping around it was about as much as some other now classic SNES releases.

• Like 3

hqdefault.jpg

This neat little game. I bought it on the first day of release for around 70 or 80 dollars.

Back then RPGs were way expensive since it was a niche market.

I think Chrono Trigger may of cost around the same price as well.

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

hqdefault.jpg

This neat little game. I bought it on the first day of release for around 70 or 80 dollars.

Back then RPGs were way expensive since it was a niche market.

I think Chrono Trigger may of cost around the same price as well.

They were expensive due to the memory on them, not due to the niche of them. Chips were expensive back then, and the higher the memory, the more they cost.

6 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

They were expensive due to the memory on them, not due to the niche of them. Chips were expensive back then, and the higher the memory, the more they cost.

Hm. I remember my brother and I saved up to buy Street Fighter 2 for $74.99 when it came out on the SNES. Not a huge game, just hugely popular.

The Last Guardian- $250(Not sure if this counts or not since I bought two of the collector's edition and one of the regular edition of the game adding up to this total)
Sword Art Online Hollow Realization- $160(Collector's edition)
Atelier Ryza- $81(Probably the most I spent on a a base game, since the game was going up in price on the Switch)

• Like 1

Shadowrun on the SNES for $70, which would be like spending double that on a regular game today. I loved that game. Well, at least until I went to my friends house who was playing the exact same game. But, he was playing it on the Sega Genesis and it was a completely different game.And, oh my god was it a whole lot better. I couldn't believe it. Do you have any idea how much I had to con and hustle in middle school just to buy a Sega?