GTA V is coming to PS5 in 2021...

ElevExplorer64

Since when where you under the delusion that the remaster generation wasn't the remaster generationS?

Off to a great start, it seems it'll be on psplus at release date, so expect new costly heists to bang those sharkcards.

Well, at least they made online free, so that's a bonus.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

Im so glad this dumb ass commercial was at the beginning of the show and was quickly forgotten about.

It definitely says something that this game lasted more than an entire console generation. I have no interest in it at all. Im sure it will be $60 (or whatever the standard price is for next gen games) on ps5 as well.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Why bother expanding on an existing IP, or, better yet, developing a new one if your current cash cow has generated literal billions in revenue?

Seriously don't even know why people are surprised. GTA Online makes Rockstar billions annually, no way they just let that go with next gen.

33 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

I'm worried now. How are going to play the online now? I've recently bought a pack for the online and planing to play it before the year ends. This is stressing me out tbh.

The PS4 version isn't going anywhere. You can still play on PS3 even though it hasn't been supported for years.

• Like 1

Look I'll admit when GTA V came out back in 2013 ... I enjoyed it. Yeah I'll admit it. I didn't think the story or the characters were the best I'd ever seen from R* but the experience was still absolutely solid from start to finish in my humble opinion. Of course online then happened and yeah I was even able to enjoy that for a while although over time that mode became such an unbelievable broken mess that free to play is not gonna bring me back anytime soon (mind you I quit that garbage before the "doomsday" heists were even a thing so I dread to think how bad its become these days)

Kind of sad to see that R* used to be a developer that in a timespan of 5 years (2008 GTA IV - 2013 GTA V ) could push out 3 (4 if we count LA Noire even though they technically only published this one to my knowledge) arguably quality games: (Red dead Redemption 1, Max Payne 3, LA Noire and obviously GTA V) 

Fast forward to now and we're coming up on 8 years since GTA V released ... how many new games have we gotten from R*? 1 now with the added bonus of 2 remasters of the same damn game (Guess R* found their version of Resident Evil 4 or Skyrim which needs to be remastered for literally every system ever apparently) which puts the average life expectancy of each version of GTA V at 2,6 years ... FAN-TAS-TIC 

Edited by Rune2303
Forgot to mention GTA V as one of their 4 games In my rant. Whoops
  • Like 2

The fact this opened the show is just the biggest wet fart from Rockstar in their history.This is the beginning of a new generation after an entire generation that Rockstar only made one game for. This should've been them laying down the marker for what's to come from them - instead it's another "remaster" of GTA V. That's not a good sign of their intent for the coming generation.

I get it from their POV, though. GTA: Online is beyond a cash cow at this point and throwing on another layer of paint to the game is the easiest $500 million dollars they'll ever make.It's just sad though, Rockstar used to be about pushing the envelope and now they're seemingly content rehashing and sitting on the the same game for a decade.

• Like 1

This was such a weird announcement in the event, why start off with this lol. Makes sense that Rockstar is milking this billion dollar generating game to no end. Although I'd much rather they make Bully 2 or, although not as likely, LA Noire 2. 

• Like 1