Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time rated for PS4, Xbox One in Taiwan

Those screenshots, it looks like Cortex is going to be playable if the last two are anything to go by.  If so... I'm down for that.  But it just makes me wonder as to why he's playable, what's his goal in the end, all that sort of stuff.

But also an October 9th release? That's 4 months away, hopefully a trailer will also be released soon.

• Like 1

I'm fucking pumped!!!

i doubt they charge full retail for it, but even if they do, its day 1 for me.

12 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Those screenshots, it looks like Cortex is going to be playable if the last two are anything to go by.  If so... I'm down for that.  But it just makes me wonder as to why he's playable, what's his goal in the end, all that sort of stuff.

But also an October 9th release? That's 4 months away, hopefully a trailer will also be released soon.

probably that typical cliche where "villain turns good, to help heroes, only to really have a secret agenda and still was bad the entire time " kind of plot. But either way I'm excited ? 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Cortex was a playable character in Crash Twinsanity. This can be the cliche plot of "if someone has to take over the planet, it's me" so he'll join forces with the heroes to save the planet. 

Edited by TurtlePM

It's a shame that Spyro isn't getting the same attention that Crash is currently getting as there's already been an N Sane trilogy and the Nitro Fueled remake, whereas there's only been the Reignited trilogy for Spyro... Granted, the Reignited trilogy came out a year after N Sane. Hopefully after this new Crash game, they will work on a new Spyro game

1 hour ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

They better get this right or we won't see another Crash game in years.

i really just want a solid mix of crash 1 2 and 3 type gameplay, updated just enough and different just enough that its still a very solid platformer that its modern but still retains that classic gameplay feel ? 

If it's not broken, don't fix it lol

• Like 1

I don't like the character designs. They look very odd. Not what I'm used to after playing the N. Sane Trilogy and CTR.

Even the environments don't resemble anything from these games. I just hope the gameplay is decent, otherwise I might just pass on this one.

Edited by Domino_Destructo

On 6/20/2020 at 5:51 PM, ZachBoardyHD said:

It's a shame that Spyro isn't getting the same attention that Crash is currently getting as there's already been an N Sane trilogy and the Nitro Fueled remake, whereas there's only been the Reignited trilogy for Spyro... Granted, the Reignited trilogy came out a year after N Sane. Hopefully after this new Crash game, they will work on a new Spyro game

That’s kinda where this has been heading, Activision said publicly that they had a “5 year Plan” when it came to bringing back Crash and Spyro, meaning we might get a new Spyro title next year or the year after, maybe even as a next gen title. 

Not sure about the art style change, but it’s not enough for me to say I won’t get it. I wanna see gameplay.

So, according to IGN the game will have two modes: retro and modern. In the retro mode you will have lives. 100 wumpa = 1 life. So you can run out of them. In the modern mode you can die as many times as you need and start from the checkpoint. 

I'll choose retro ?

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1

Likely a Day 1 purchase, and pretty sure it will come to Nintendo Switch and I'll get again on that system.
Hoping they make a new Spyro game too
And if they do make a new spyro game based around the original 3 games, kind of hoping Cynder makes an appearance in the game even though they weren't around in the originals.