July PS+ 2020 Lineup

kidson2004

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Surprised they did another NBA2K title for plus. Although I will pass on both

Same here. Also, I’m surprised how fast this came to plus only a year after it’s released. 2K must want more people playing their slot machines in 2K lol. Would’ve been better if Horizon was in the lineup. 

• Like 1

Just now, kidson2004 said:

Same here. Also, I’m surprised how fast this came to plus only a year after it’s released. 2K must want more people playing their slot machines in 2K lol. Would’ve been better if Horizon was in the lineup. 

Wasn't 2K20 less received by fans due to the higher amount of gambling in this one compared to prior ones?

I've only done a single playthrough of Erica, but it was a lot of fun. Well shot, engaging story, pretty good acting. Well worth a try.

I also loved Rise of the Tomb Raider. Great setting, story, gameplay, etc. Trophy-wise, it's just a pain to have to replay a lot of levels on a speedrun basis. But hey. Shouldn't stop anyone from enjoying the core game.

2 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Already own rise and it has a lot of dlc (not surprising they're offering it as a plus game), but it was still lots of fun imo.

Rise comes with all DLC included.

Edited by visighost
  • Like 1

Had to be a downer, but pffffft, you couldn't pay me to play NBA or Tomb Raider, what a shame. I needed to resub to get access to Oddworld Stranger's Wrath on Vita, but I think I will just buy it instead and support Oddworld Inhabitants.

Don't have anything sensible to say about Erica, but NBA and TR? The former is Microtransactions; The Sport; The Game (and I'm still recovering from Spike Lee's fever dream on 2K16 on Steam) whilst TR seems to have just under 60 DLC Trophies. Nice one.

Edited by Golem25
  • Like 1

Another backlog month for me. Erica is alright for the first playthrough, then the novelty wears off. Already own Rise of the Tomb Raider and NBA 2k20 is a pass. I'll only return to a 2k sports title once they remove online and microtransactions, which means never...so yeah.

• Like 1

Rise of the Tomb Raider is nice. I've been wanting to play that at some point anyways. Definitely won't play 2K20 rhough, but maybe I'll check out Erica.

Overall, I'd say it was a decent month. However, for a 10th anniversary I'd expect them to pick a more nostalgic game like the Crash Bandicoot trilogy (but I guess TR and 2K are kind of nostalgic to some?).

9 minutes ago, stupot00 said:

10 years of paying to play online.

Also they removed a sports games before but one for a 10th anniversary is fine lol.

Well no you didn't have to pay to play online until the PS4

So like 6 or 7 years of paying to play online

• Like 2

My expectations for an aniversity celebration were low, but not this low. When will sony learn that most people don't want to play a sport gambling simulator? The other 2 games are good but it's not really made into a celebration level line up by chucking in an extra game.

• Like 2

Even though I already own Rise of the Tomb Raider, it's a pretty good game to have on Plus, especially considering Tomb Raider is a PlayStation classic. Not crazy about Erica, though.

But NBA2K20? The game's sales must've been very disappointing => put on Plus to gain micro-transaction revenue! A disappointing game for a 10th anniversary line-up. 

• Like 2