Games that you regret starting a platinum and are now stuck forever on your trophy list

MarcusPunisher

Well i discovered another one that I wish I never started: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

How the hell can you make an One Piece game so utterly boring? I am not really against musou games as I initially thought (loved Berserk and the Band of the Hawk) but this game... Jesus. Just no. I skipped through all cutscenes and its still painful. Buut I started this game a while ago and I intent on completing whatever I have on my list so I will do this one eventually. 

On 9/12/2020 at 8:26 AM, Copanele said:

Well i discovered another one that I wish I never started: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

How the hell can you make an One Piece game so utterly boring? I am not really against musou games as I initially thought (loved Berserk and the Band of the Hawk) but this game... Jesus. Just no. I skipped through all cutscenes and its still painful. Buut I started this game a while ago and I intent on completing whatever I have on my list so I will do this one eventually. 

Reminds me of the three Japanese visual novels I just did. 

Skipped all cutscenes because literally, and I do mean literally, was falling asleep.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 11:00 AM, Super_Mep said:

Why battlefront? Cuz of those ridiculous trophies that would be next to impossible even with boosting?  ?

Yesss haha I very rarely have the patience to take on online games in the first place, but boosting in particular is such a pain especially bc I don't have a headset/mic to assist in coordinating boosting in-game, nor do I really feel like getting one ?

Well, in my case there are few to choose from.

Mainly Killzone Shadow Fall, I got it from a friend, finished the first two mission but I disliked it so much that I never bother to touch it ever again, besides, the platinum trophy is insainly difficult and i'm not very good at first person shooters.

Destiny. I was enjoying it, until the last expansion was released, literally forcing me to buy the entire complete edition of the taken king to access to almost half of the game content and thus being able to platin it. Then I said, I'M DONE!, lets move on and I will never get a bungie game ever again.

A recent game that I started and regret would be the Pathfinder: Kingmaker game. I love the game and it is a lot of fun. However, it crashes and glitches out often. The load times are insanely long. It breaks my heart to know that I will not be able to finish it. At least not until there is a huge patch. Which is sad because it could be an amazing game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StressEater said:

A recent game that I started and regret would be the Pathfinder: Kingmaker game. I love the game and it is a lot of fun. However, it crashes and glitches out often. The load times are insanely long. It breaks my heart to know that I will not be able to finish it. At least not until there is a huge patch. Which is sad because it could be an amazing game. 

I posted in the Pathfinder subforum about an estimate of how long it would take to get this platinum. 

I'm still playing it (on easy) just to clean up on all the miscellaneous trophies. Then I'll put it down, wait for some more patches from Owlcat and come back later to try and finish Unfair Difficulty.

Also, on topic, that game would Devil May Cry 5 for me. I could get the platinum in theory. I just probably wouldn't enjoy it though.

Edited by thekingsman123

Can't really find anything getting to the "regret" level. I picked games based on my own research or recommendation from trusted friends, so nothing is regrettable even I can't get the platinum for some reason.

If i have to pick one, i would say ICO. Maybe i played this very late but i could never understand the hype surrounding this one. And the horrible speedrun trophy....

On 8/17/2020 at 8:02 AM, ninjagirl657 said:

Mine is simple, that will be Marvel super heroes omega. The game no longer exist, so as I got no game, I'm forever stuck at an E, my completion score ruined due to this. They deleted the game before I got a chance to play it. The second one is Street fighter V Beta, No arcade mode and asked me to be online to play the game, when I just brought the game and a ps4, love the series since street fighter 2 arcade machine. I like to try the characters out first, couldn't do that as I had to have a Paid account with PlayStation. Worse idea ever to alienate the single players. I regret paying £40 for a game I couldn't play. 

I actually regret not playing when it first came out as it's my type of game and was a fan of the MUA games, although I would be pissed if the servers closed during my progress.

For me, either Need for Speed Rivals and Metro 2033 Redux. Both are terrible, boring and easy platinum and I can't muster motivation to finish them...even after multiple tries.

We all have game we somewhat regret spending cash on that turned out mediocre but I don't think I've ever regretted having a game on my account or wish I could remove it because to me the trophy list being there feels almost like a kind of documentation of your modern gaming 'career', the highs and the lows, removing things you've done feels like a totally false representation of yourself. If for any reason anyone looked at my trophy list I'd like them to know it's 100% accurate to what I've played, when I've played them and what I've done in them (as far as trophies can track at least, won't know all my multiplayer game stats, or games that just don't have trophies for some tasks) so I like every 'blemish' because no one's perfect, we don't always buy masterpieces, sometimes we get a dud and move on or maybe a game was too difficult or the game required so much of our time and we moved onto a new shiny game that released.

I would probably look at any so called 'perfect' account quite cynically, I would instantly assume they've essentially manufacturered a false account and that's not a real representation of their gaming history. They've probably practiced games on an alt before deciding what to play or to get an 'impressive' completion time they can pretend was a 'blind playthrough', they probably cheat/boost/glitch etc. their trophies just do not reflect reality. They may not have done any of this and just happen to have naturally ended up like that, but when so many people try to maintain false online profiles anything 'too perfect' seems fake 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is' as they say. I'd much rather have a believable natural account with blemishes than have people question my authenticity, I like to be real and honest, just who I am.

Ignoring that it doesn't have a platinum, I should say Breach and Clear because it has an unobtainable glitched trophy.  I admit I am secretly relieved the glitch was never patched.  Knowing I can not possibly ever achieve 100% relieves me of the annoying urge to beat Sine Mora or Pix the Cat.  I am just. Not. That. Fast.

14 hours ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Metal Gear Solid V; The Phantom Pain

Thank you for this warning.  I began thinking it looked attractive, but maybe it needs more consideration.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:14 AM, Stan Lee said:

Death Stranding

Really seemed interesting and I'm a big Kojima fan. But this game is just boring and nonsensical to me, with what looks to be an overly, perniciously obnoxious post-game grind. Not looking forward to finishing it off.

This game pacifies the OCD gamer.  If you have ever picked up other people's litter in a park, you will LOVE this game.  (p.s. I LOVED this game).

Edited by pogo_loco
Added new quote

9 hours ago, pogo_loco said:

Thank you for this warning.  I began thinking it looked attractive, but maybe it needs more consideration).

Don't misunderstand me. It's not necessarily a bad game but it's extremely big, the open world is pretty bland and some of the trophies are just plain dumb.

If you're interested however I'd suggest playing MGS Ground Zeroes. It's basically a demo of Phantom Pain (with some slight differences). Ground Zeroes doesn't have platinum trophy but it does have an ultra rare bronze one.

• Like 1

Evolve

i have all the multiplayer shit out of the way so its actually still obtainable for me to platinum

but the real ball buster is with maxing out all 12 of the base game characters, which if i do everything correct is still about a 100 hour grind, and thats just for 1 fucking trophy!  So ive just avoided it like the plague
..to think i got this for $1 on a humble bundle psn deal some years ago with like 12 other pieces of shit, WORST $1 SPENT EVER!

• 1 year later...

Fallout Shelter - my friends (who platted it) convinced me to plat it because it's easy. I got bored after an hour.

Control - same case as above, but I got bored after 20 minutes.

Rocket League - okay, I convinced myslef to that, becase of number of platinums earned. But when I realized that collecting 150 items on digital version is time-consuming, it was too late.

Anthem - got nothing to play to, so choosed this from EA Asses, Booring as U2 music.

Dirt Rally 2.0 - online challenges that forced me to wait weeks to play it. Fuck it.

there's only one game I regret having, that is Bound, it was free on PS+ one month, so I assumed it was an easy indie game that I would give it a chance, wrong, it's an extremely difficult platformer for me, I know that I will never 100% this, since then, I started to vet PS+ games before starting them

I have a few games from the early days on my list, where my mentality was "if I'm struggling with this game, at least get 1 trophy, it's better than nothing". So I have games like Street Fighter IV where I only have 2 trophies in it. I was horrible at that game...I couldn't even beat the final boss on the easiest difficulty. So I told myself to get something, so I got 2 trophies just because. 

PAIN is the same way. That game was a lot of fun but all the trophies are stupid hard in it. So I managed to get 2 of the "easiest" ones.

Then theres Free Realms. The game was Free to Play, but otherwise needed a $15 a month subscription if you wanted to earn trophies in it. I merely wanted to check it out, there's no way I was going to pay a subscription fee. But somehow, I managed to earn 1 trophy in the free version...sticking it to my profile forever. 

A lot of this happened on the PS3 before we ever got the ability to delete 0% lists. So I wish I never had this mentality to just earn something and would like to have them removed. Or in Free Realms case, the game itself screwed me there.