This game is proof for how soft trophy hunters have become in recent times.

ThatMuttGuy

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

Its been proven plenty of times. There are so many addicted players on this site, its unbelievable. They are not even addicted to gaming, they’re just addicted by getting pixel trophies. People get lost in what’s important, trophy hunting should be a fun thing but I’ve had people “attack” me for being not understanding and I can’t be the one deciding for someone else what fun is cause “some people just enjoy getting trophies”, nah thats just an issue and its all in your head. Great example of a game, this is.

Thats why I miss the old PS2 days where trophies didn't existed. At the end of the day though no one's really going to care that you have the Platinum and if they do than they really need to get a life. At this point it's hard for people to enjoy games when their so focus on getting the platinum. I've been that trophy hunter before and all it leads to is depression. Honesty, I was burnt out, tire and depressed when I had to force myself to get trophies. Let them starve themselves trying to get this platinum. Me, I'm just enjoying the game trying to get all legendary skins and even that doesn't involve a trophy lol. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

I think the opposite way. The 24/7 trophy hunters are the ones who will most likely not care about how long a trophy will take, while ppl with less time would rather spend it on other games.

That makes sense. But my post was more about some gamers being weak and want everything handed out since they do not know better.

Edited by LucienNL
  • Like 1

I’ve seen some people flipping out over this trophy saying, “trophies are made to be achieved.” And it’s like, man, no. They’re made to be whatever the devs want them to be. It’s their product that they’re selling. Some can be made for a mass audience, others can be made to challenge you. Oftentimes the hardest feats are the most rewarding — did we not all learn this from the Souls games? It’s just another case of gamer entitlement. It’s okay for something to not be for you; stop trying to contort the world so that it makes you feel better about yourself. 

• Like 2

Never played the game as these type of games don’t appeal, I also care nothing about completion percentage as you can see from my profile, but I don’t see how games that involve team matchmaking with random people can be “100% skill” with no luck involved. Surely you have to be lucky to not get bad or AFK players?

Edit: scratch everything, I honestly think I've wasted more time on these kinds of pointless threads than I did actually going for the trophy.

Better for me not to have any part in such "discussions". I do agree with this, and only this: refusing to play a game only because of a trophy is a bit sad, and IMHO Fall Guys is an incredibly fun game itself. Everything else, I won't keep debating.

4 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

Thats why I miss the old PS2 days where trophies didn't exist.

Couldn't agree more to be honest.

Edited by DarkBahamutZero

19 minutes ago, primalentir said:

I think if the OP didn't have this "Infaillible" trophy he would never have made this thread.

It is easy to blame a community when you have "Infaillible" trophy. You did good, then go help this others players who do not have this trophy yet.

This is demonstratively false. I was calling people sad for crying about this trophy before the game even came out. You can go through my profile history and see the comments to back it up. 

The fact is, before the game came out, I was already pissed at the amount of complaints about this stupid trophy, and how people were going to boycott/harass the devs/etc.  I was perfectly content with not ever getting the platinum, but it just so happened I got good enough to get it. I've done it twice already, once with the exploit and once legit. Even without the exploit, it's just a matter of time before you get it if you're good. 

People complaning is in the human nature. It's not a reason to make a thread about it.

I understand your point. Like I said I try to have this trophy, and I have some issues with the kudos who are going up several time. Why I don't know. I always left before get the eliminated screen. But I keep going.

I think I leave to late the episode when i'm loosing. I get back to none 3 times in a row after 1 episode win.

Edited by primalentir

On 21/08/2020 at 5:40 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

First of all, I am open to any and all constructive criticism. This is just my interpretation of the situation, and how I view it as a symptom of a larger cause.

We all know what this topic is about - the Infallible trophy. It's a tough, tough trophy to get, even if you do use the exploit to keep your streak going. Before this game even came out, there were topics with hundreds of complaints regarding that one trophy. I don't think it's a luck based trophy at all. In fact, I would go as far as to say it's all skill. Before you get your pitchfork out, hear me out. Every single game, team games included, take skill to win. Just because you're on the losing team doesn't mean you lost due to "RNG" as everyone likes to claim. In fact, if you play in a squad with people who know how to play, you will never lose a single game, outside of a bad team tail tag game.

I've seen many people claim they wouldn't play this game because of the trophies, or that they hate the devs for putting this trophy in the game. I have to say, shame on them for passing on such a fun game for such a shallow reason. It's even funnier as most of the people claiming they're skipping it don't even have near perfect completion rates (not that there's anything wrong with that, just look at mine lol). People just see a bit of challenge and cry about it, instead of taking the time to get good at a game until they can earn the trophy. 

This whole situation reminds me of Wolfenstein 2, with the petition to remove Mein Leben. I wish people weren't just so used to games handing them platinums all the time, and they would stand up to a challenge every once in a while. It's like we all forgot all the crazy requirements you had to do on a lot of PS3 games for a plat.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts on this. Hope you guys are enjoying Fall Guys as much as I am!

if you played a few PS3 games and you did some Platinums you know this game its more luck than skill to get the 5 wons in a row. You have Platinum on Mirror's Edge? Wipeout HD or Gran Turismo 5??? This games you need SKILL. Fall Guys you need LUCK to get the trophy.

id say this trophy is not just skill there is a good amount of luck involved in the team games due to getting good team mates. Also this trophy was made to mock trophy hunters which is the main reason I don't like this trophy they didn't add it in there for the challenge they added it in there to be dick heads.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rayjenjoeryry_jr said:

id say this trophy is not just skill there is a good amount of luck involved in the team games due to getting good team mates. Also this trophy was made to mock trophy hunters which is the main reason I don't like this trophy they didn't add it in there for the challenge they added it in there to be dick heads.

how do you know it was made to mock trophy hunters?

proof?

im a big fan of 7/8 difficulty game, but i guess what i consider 7/8 is not what others consider that.

if you want easy plats go play the freebie 2 hour games. there are millions of them.

but i do agree it is luck based. i would love to plat wolfenstein new colossus, but ive never complained about the trophy requirements i just simply am not going to play it.

the only thing i would agree on about trophy changes is if a trophy is no longer obtainable like black ops 2 big league due to them removing that part of the game.

I agree to some extent. No one wants a challenge nowadays and it shows with Fall Guys, Wolfenstein and SMB.

The hardcore and completionist players know what they're getting themselves into when it comes to trophies.

The community as a whole knew about infallible, '5 Wins in a row'. Sure you have a right to express yourself and your opinion, but when you are complaining and 

witch-hunting the developers, that's crossing the line. To those that really want to play it without affecting their completion rate, then play it on an alternative account.

That being said I do wish this game was more skill-based. It is, don't get me wrong, but team games play a huge factor and can screw up a winning streak. 

If every trophy hunter always complained about games and wanting changes because they couldn't achieve it themselves, they wouldn't feel as rewarding.

There are tons of ezpz plats out there. If they do end up changing the difficulty of the infallible trophy, so be it. Take it from someone that grinded out infallible themselves.

You have nothing to prove to anyone other than yourself.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 11:40 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

First of all, I am open to any and all constructive criticism. This is just my interpretation of the situation, and how I view it as a symptom of a larger cause.

We all know what this topic is about - the Infallible trophy. It's a tough, tough trophy to get, even if you do use the exploit to keep your streak going. Before this game even came out, there were topics with hundreds of complaints regarding that one trophy. I don't think it's a luck based trophy at all. In fact, I would go as far as to say it's all skill. Before you get your pitchfork out, hear me out. Every single game, team games included, take skill to win. Just because you're on the losing team doesn't mean you lost due to "RNG" as everyone likes to claim. In fact, if you play in a squad with people who know how to play, you will never lose a single game, outside of a bad team tail tag game.

I've seen many people claim they wouldn't play this game because of the trophies, or that they hate the devs for putting this trophy in the game. I have to say, shame on them for passing on such a fun game for such a shallow reason. It's even funnier as most of the people claiming they're skipping it don't even have near perfect completion rates (not that there's anything wrong with that, just look at mine lol). People just see a bit of challenge and cry about it, instead of taking the time to get good at a game until they can earn the trophy. 

This whole situation reminds me of Wolfenstein 2, with the petition to remove Mein Leben. I wish people weren't just so used to games handing them platinums all the time, and they would stand up to a challenge every once in a while. It's like we all forgot all the crazy requirements you had to do on a lot of PS3 games for a plat.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts on this. Hope you guys are enjoying Fall Guys as much as I am!

I couldnt disagree more.  Because you're not being precise.  You said all skill.  It's not all skill at all.  This is your standard get get good at the finals, and quit,qualify and quit again at the end if it doesn't go your way.  What a bold sentence.  All skill...  It's all patience with... consistent play.   I personally will not exercise my next few hours looking up tips/ rather i like to just play when i log onto this funny game.. Odd i know., or quitting bc I won an episode to start my epic 20 plus game run if i won them all to win 4 more episodes.  That doesn't sound fun to force that in a disney esk bean gimmick race game with a few decent team games..  Unless you're a fall guy wiz or get extremely fortunate this is an all day thing almost to even people extending wins and quits over days.  So skillful.  To equate the journey to this 'trophy' all skill speaks volumes of how and what we view as a skilled competence oriented endeavor.  This is simply a time consuming trophy where you quit to get it, and master the endgame, and repeat.  It's not all skill.   Be more precise with your speech and maybe ill not expose how twisted our thought of achievement is.  All skill baby, you see me quit that final, all skill.   Choosing to back out of a team game, serious strafe to that options button.  I'll maybe go for it someday, but as of now the game's a little stale, the rat race here in itself is discouraging.  The trophy is already 2.30% plus.  It's not worth my time.  To express my opinion on a society that celebrates quiting is worth the time.  All skill, lol.  C'mon man!

Edited by SilkyJay86

2 hours ago, Hedgito said:

I agree to some extent. No one wants a challenge nowadays and it shows with Fall Guys, Wolfenstein and SMB.

The hardcore and completionist players know what they're getting themselves into when it comes to trophies.

The community as a whole knew about infallible, '5 Wins in a row'. Sure you have a right to express yourself and your opinion, but when you are complaining and 

witch-hunting the developers, that's crossing the line. To those that really want to play it without affecting their completion rate, then play it on an alternative account.

That being said I do wish this game was more skill-based. It is, don't get me wrong, but team games play a huge factor and can screw up a winning streak. 

If every trophy hunter always complained about games and wanting changes because they couldn't achieve it themselves, they wouldn't feel as rewarding.

There are tons of ezpz plats out there. If they do end up changing the difficulty of the infallible trophy, so be it. Take it from someone that grinded out infallible themselves.

You have nothing to prove to anyone other than yourself.

Probably said it better than me.  You don't sound like you just beat akumu mode or a hardcore run you truly loved.  Relief on the boring side.  You know you cheese grinded a trophy and your comment emits that but had the courage to post.  Congratulations though.  I find you more humble and honest, in just what you said here.  It's up too you in the end, the trophy is wack in general to me bc its not even properly installed, but if you want a 5 episode run in THIS game.  Do it.  It might be patched, it could get easier.  But this is Not all skill.  The trophy percentage in itself shows how quick desperate fall guy psn players grabbed it up.  Sad i have to compare it to solid fun old school hc runs, but  lets just get it out of the way.  Not many of you are infallible or give this trophy the respect the meaning it holds.. And This trophy didnt belong in this game.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The trophy hunting community became soft when people started attacking guys like myself because we see a trophy list with almost nothing but Ratalaika stacks. I addressed this to somebody the other day and she freaked out over it.

That's the design of this website though and its leaderboard encourages it. I mean there's a person in the top 20 who has just 24 ultra rare trophies and nearly 90% common trophies.

In the time it takes you to platinum one ultra rare someone else could have racked up 20 common platinum's. Given that I can understand why a lot of people would take a dislike to difficult, time consuming trophies, even if they do unfortunately miss out on the good feeling they get when they see a hard worked for trophy finally pop.

Edited by AusLeviathan

11 minutes ago, DiegoMolinams said:

Skipping games or getting extremely mad at trophies is something I will never understand tbh. In the real world outside the trophy hunter community, no one really cares about your list. 

Just like nobody cares about how many people play DOTA 2, World of Warcraft or Overwatch in the real world either.

• Like 1